• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOVERNOR OF TEXAS declares that his state is a Second Amendment ‘sanctuary statel’

the place has to earn 51% or more of it's revenue from alcohol to post the 51% sign (prohibiting carry). Most restaurants don't make 51% from alcohol.

The only place I ever saw a red 51% sign was the function hall at Southfork Ranch. The one for the TV show Dallas. It's a tourist attraction now and they do weddings and such at a big hall on the property. Other than that, I've never seen one.

I still don't quite understand the blue signs that seem to say that it's illegal to carry illegally on the premises.

I will plead ignorance, but there is consensus here that TX is far from perfect 👌.

For me a sanctuary state would:

No live fire competency requirement

Open carry/Constitutional carry

No sales tax on guns and bullets

Stand your ground

No insurance surcharges for ownership of guns in homes or apartments

State based electoral college

Term limits

Notification not require during LEO interactions.

Shooting ranges are constutionally protected by TX constitution

No vehicle transport requirements

Carry long gun in front seat a-ok

No nuisance laws, for lawful firearm use

Carry on boats, atvs, dirt bikes and sand rails permitted
Ah Paradise you forgot the 21 virgins.

Also you don't need a permit to buy firearms, long guns, or ammunition. You need a LTC to carry open or concealed. Also, unlike MA they will temporarily suspend a LTC for minor violations, not make you essentially a Prohibited Person.

Absolutely the same thing. You want private property owners to be forced to do things that are against their beliefs. That's the same position that several people have taken against bakers, florists, ministers, etc...
No it’s not.

Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) has vowed to defend Texans’ gun rights by declaring that he intends to make the entire state of Texas a “Second Amendment sanctuary.”

Too bad all my exes live in Texas.

I thought the Bill of Rights was supposed to make America a sanctuary from all the other nations that lived under the boot of tyranny.
Sad that Texas even needs to do this.
Consider that the republican governor of nh suspended both the federL and state constitution with his state of emergency with the backing of the republican attorney of general, McDonald’s blessing. Sorry for the spelling

Last edited:
Lots of 30.06 and 30.07 signage in most stores, and it's binding.
Back in the day, people got a lot of mileage out of slapping down prosecutions
because the signs failed to meet the law's stringent requirements for size, etc.
(Yes, that was an actual thing).

I'm sure they're available in bulk printed form,
but I wonder how many nonstandard ones are out there.

You don’t think a property owner has the right to decide if you can carry on his property?
If they're going to offer goods/services to the public,
only let them prohibit carry
if they invest in equivalent security measures.

Looks like Tesla has a job that I am qualified for paying just under what I am making now in TX. So tempted to pack it up and head south.
No income tax
Sales tax 6.25
I think property tax will be lower

Bad is new flood of migrants and who's gonna pay for em. Californication by the transplants that can't offord CA but bring their lib views. Dems gonna punish "dirty" oil industry impacting local economics further.

texas..... some day ill move down there. i heard that it really hot in the summer, can not go out during noon time, sun will burn ya.... is that true? and am a machinist , which area have lot of machine shops in texas , anyones know? i been in newengland area a while and the people are great , the weather are nice , the politic and gun laws are stink lol.
NH is much better than TX for gun laws.

I agree that we have been headed in the wrong direction that way, but what other country even comes close?
I agree with what you’re saying. Second place is miles behind. However, I think the goal is not to just be #1 in the world, but to be consistent with the principles this country was founded upon.

I've got no problem with property owners having the right to kick people out for whatever reason. I do have a problem with the criminal offense added with binding signage.
It’s a misdemeanor unless you refuse to leave in which case it becomes criminal trespass

No. Like the state, they don’t get to deprive me of my right to self defense.
They’re not. They’re saying you can’t bring a gun onto their property. You’re not forced to go there, shop someplace else. TX offers more than enough alternatives who want you, your CCW and your money.

They’re not. They’re saying you can’t bring a gun onto their property. You’re not forced to go there, shop someplace else. TX offers more than enough alternatives who want you, your CCW and your money.
They’re free to ask someone to leave. Why do they need the state to step in?

They’re free to ask someone to leave. Why do they need the state to step in?
Flip it around: it’s creating hoops the property owner has to go through to limit your rights. 1) has to follow prescribed format, 2) has to provide clear notice.

Back
Top Bottom