• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Granby Bow & Gun Club ZBA final meeting May 7th

A cease and desist order and appeal doesn’t really cost the town much $$ until it’s challenged in court. It does cost the club though.
The town will likely continue these f*** f*** games until it costs them real money. The case on Land Court is still pending.

I think maybe year before last, there was a newspaper article stating that the town had indeed spent significant funds for legal support in fighting the club. IIRC, a substantial amount of the town's budget had been spent by April? My take at the time was that they could care less if they blow the citizens' money on fighting the club.

My guess is they're saying longer range (larger) calibers are louder than .223 at 100 yards. I have a fix, let us get cans. I'd literally buy one for every rifle I have at the range that'll take one.
Granby actually reduced the caliber that one could use to 300 mag. and that is something that someone who hunts Elk, Moose, Bear etc. could be shooting at the club to sight in for hunting season for those species. Although they probably wouldn't be shooting as many rounds as someone in a PRS match. Although I'm not sure I'd say the majority of what people are shooting are the 6mm's, 6.5's and 308's there. Even if it is the noise the club is grandfathered in.

You should get 32 people with 120 rounds each. Each person agrees to show up at a certain hour over the period of 4 days. They shoot 2 rounds per minute for an hour, then the next person takes over.

8 hours straight for 4 days straight, 2 shots per minute. It will drive them crazy.

Do it on a long weekend.

8 hours straight for 4 days straight, 2 shots per minute. It will drive them crazy.
Although the neighbors that have been part of the harassment towards the club deserve this not all of them do. We just need to let a bunch of roosters loose in their yards early in the morning. ;) [laugh]

The old farmers have given way to liberal f***s. Form the $9k in taxes I pay, to the new school that's a year old that deemed to small already. To the revolving door in the building department. The solar field issues. Granby is f***ed , and the liberals are just loving it

Remember how the Granby board of health torpedoed the Cub Scout Day Camp at Chicopee Sportsman's Club last year? They made a decision on Friday, "discussed" over phone and email, avoided having an open meeting, in order to close the camp down on Monday. And a couple years before that, didn't their police pull over the police chief for drunk driving, drive him home, and then cover it up? Total chaos . . .

Remember how the Granby board of health torpedoed the Cub Scout Day Camp at Chicopee Sportsman's Club last year? They made a decision on Friday, "discussed" over phone and email, avoided having an open meeting, in order to close the camp down on Monday. And a couple years before that, didn't their police pull over the police chief for drunk driving, drive him home, and then cover it up? Total chaos . . .
Well that was belchertown's chief. Who was/still a complete trainwreck.. yes Granby pd pulled him over and took him home. No one covered up anything. Everyone knew. Only cop hates, and people with DUI's cared 🤣

Bumping the thread w/ a question:

Does Granby have a 600 yd position open now? I have not been there yet this year due to various reasons but want to go next Friday. Last I recall there was a plate at 505 yds or something like that. I need 300 (they have) and 600 yard practice.

Bumping the thread w/ a question:

Does Granby have a 600 yd position open now? I have not been there yet this year due to various reasons but want to go next Friday. Last I recall there was a plate at 505 yds or something like that. I need 300 (they have) and 600 yard practice.
Not at this time.

Not at this time.

Thanks, that's what I had thought. I know the positions available from the shooting area to the right of the (closed?) pavilion. Any word on that? Pisses me off that the club fixed very minor code issues almost immediately and it's still closed by the town a couple years later.

Thanks, that's what I had thought. I know the positions available from the shooting area to the right of the (closed?) pavilion. Any word on that? Pisses me off that the club fixed very minor code issues almost immediately and it's still closed by the town a couple years later.
The last time I was there you could only shoot rifle off to the right of the covered firing line and if I remember correctly it's only out to 350yds. It's disgusting what the town is doing and what they've gotten away with. The use of the range is shooting and that hasn't changed but they keep screwing with the club.

I haven't gotten an email from them in a long time. I don't know if they've been able to do anything through the court since this covid shit started. Thank you for sending money for the fight.

Latest word was the Boston Land Court was in COVID shutdown mode delaying all cases waiting to be heard.
The neighbors are still being a pain in the ass whenever they can, of course.

Back
Top Bottom