• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Granite State Indoor Gun Range and Gun Store

Welcome to
Granite State Indoor
Range and Gun Shop
The friendliest range, firearms store, and training center in New England!
granitestaterange.com

Looks pretty good without excessive fees or an overbearing attitude, plus a greater than average understanding of the law (I've never heard of an indoor range that required foreigners be from a "visa waiver" country or meet one of the exemptions from the requirement). Standard solo renter/anti-suicide policy.

Flat rate per day instead of hourly .... cool. Membership fees are modest except for the premium membership at what amounts to $654/year. Basic is $240 per year, plus they have reasonable rates for non-member occasional rentals.

No clever gouges (like "must use shop ammo even in your own gun") that I can see; job ads list low pay but include medical. The reasonableness of their rates, and employee benefits, will either propel them to great success or sink them with an unsustainable cash flow situation.

I hope this range succeeds. It looks like they have the customer service aspect nailed down.

Last edited:
Nice job with the web page. Loads quick. My usual rental shop can't be bothered to list their rental inventory. I'll definitely be checking you out.
The one in Dracut? I went there thought maybe I’ll rent a gun. Asked “can I see a list?” I was told, we don’t have one but that would be a good idea. You don’t know what you rent? What?! 😂

I'm disappointyed they got rid of the member lounge. It was great to have a place to sit down while waiting or after shooting. I walk with a cane and have a problem standing around waiting for a lane for a long time, so this was a big deal for me, even paid a deposited to get my own key fob (which they didn't refund). Ya, I know I could reserve in advance, but my life doesn't work on that schedule, hence why I was ok waiting.

I was also going to ask about doing a work thing getting my office to come to the range for shooting and pizza, but I'm not doing that if it means hanging out in the store or classroom.

I'm hoping they will reconsider this. It's the only negative thing their. Everything else is great, people great. Just that one thing.

granitestaterange.com

Looks pretty good without excessive fees or an overbearing attitude, plus a greater than average understanding of the law (I've never heard of an indoor range that required foreigners be from a "visa waiver" country or meet one of the exemptions from the requirement). Standard solo renter/anti-suicide policy.

Flat rate per day instead of hourly .... cool. Membership fees are modest except for the premium membership at what amounts to $654/year. Basic is $240 per year, plus they have reasonable rates for non-member occasional rentals.

No clever gouges (like "must use shop ammo even in your own gun") that I can see; job ads list low pay but include medical. The reasonableness of their rates, and employee benefits, will either propel them to great success or sink them with an unsustainable cash flow situation.

I hope this range succeeds. It looks like they have the customer service aspect nailed down.
We appreciate the post! The premium membership is quite a bit more than the basic, but it includes new guns at cost, unlimited free rentals, 20% off all ammo, 10% off all training, unlimited free retakes of our core classes, a free private lesson, guest passes, and more.

We're doubling our retail space starting next week and celebrating our 9th year in business in November! Come stop by when you get a chance.

Last edited:
Nice job with the web page. Loads quick. My usual rental shop can't be bothered to list their rental inventory. I'll definitely be checking you out.
Thanks! We try to keep up with our rental selection list as best as possible. We're also working on getting some new firearms in there too.

Last edited:
The one in Dracut? I went there thought maybe I’ll rent a gun. Asked “can I see a list?” I was told, we don’t have one but that would be a good idea. You don’t know what you rent? What?! 😂
We are located in Hudson, NH. We do have a list of our rental selection, but between maintenance and other issues the list on the website isn't always 100% accurate.

Last edited:
I'm disappointyed they got rid of the member lounge. It was great to have a place to sit down while waiting or after shooting. I walk with a cane and have a problem standing around waiting for a lane for a long time, so this was a big deal for me, even paid a deposited to get my own key fob (which they didn't refund). Ya, I know I could reserve in advance, but my life doesn't work on that schedule, hence why I was ok waiting.

I was also going to ask about doing a work thing getting my office to come to the range for shooting and pizza, but I'm not doing that if it means hanging out in the store or classroom.

I'm hoping they will reconsider this. It's the only negative thing their. Everything else is great, people great. Just that one thing.
We feel you 42. We didn't want to get rid of the member lounge but within the past year we hired a bunch of new positions to our management team and they all needed offices. We're running out of room as it is and the only place we could put them is in the member lounge. We have plans to create a new member lounge but it won't be until we take over the other side of the building, which could be a few years.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll get your key fob refunded right away.

Nice spot with some good people. Too bad you feel the need to ID people for magazine and/or ammo purchases. I’m a NH resident and it irritates me knowing MA has you guys and others scared.
Like you I am from NH, and I hear all the time about shops looking at IDs for mag and ammo purchases. In my experience it's just a look to confirm NH, nothing is recorded or checked. And I understand why they need to do this.
If it was your business you'd be faced with the same decision. No ID and have to defend yourself in court costing tens of thousands of dollars. Or ID and stay in business. It's not a hard decision and totally understandable.

Like you I am from NH, and I hear all the time about shops looking at IDs for mag and ammo purchases. In my experience it's just a look to confirm NH, nothing is recorded or checked. And I understand why they need to do this.
If it was your business you'd be faced with the same decision. No ID and have to defend yourself in court costing tens of thousands of dollars. Or ID and stay in business. It's not a hard decision and totally understandable.
I understand it. Doesn’t mean I agree with it.

Nice spot with some good people. Too bad you feel the need to ID people for magazine and/or ammo purchases. I’m a NH resident and it irritates me knowing MA has you guys and others scared.
As you can imagine there is a host of legal issues when it comes to a gun range and store especially when things are crossing state lines putting it into federal jurisdiction sometimes. We have to check id for numerous reasons including making sure the person is over 18.

We feel you 42. We didn't want to get rid of the member lounge but within the past year we hired a bunch of new positions to our management team and they all needed offices. We're running out of room as it is and the only place we could put them is in the member lounge. We have plans to create a new member lounge but it won't be until we take over the other side of the building, which could be a few years.
You taking lessons from the government? Sorry, couldn't resist :cool:

The ID for magazines is tricky.

An ID requirement forces you into the position of refusing sales to DPRM residents to avoid being involved in intentionally aiding in breaking the law. No ID and you are simply selling legal product. I wonder - do fireworks stores in NH check ID and deny sales to MA residents?

But, the decision rests with the one who bears the risks, not people who declare what risks the dealer should take to sell them something.

Please,.. let's stop making excuses for big brother behavior. Checking over 18 is one thing,.. preventing me from buying a full cap mag is pants shitting. Your business is not responsible for what someone does with a magazine. My NH property affords me out of state storage for anything I want to keep there. I keep my primary address in MA and avoid businesses that make their own policies out of fear. Your place your rules,.. but let's not pretend your fully supporting the right to bear arms.

Please,.. let's stop making excuses for big brother behavior. Checking over 18 is one thing,.. preventing me from buying a full cap mag is pants shitting. Your business is not responsible for what someone does with a magazine. My NH property affords me out of state storage for anything I want to keep there. I keep my primary address in MA and avoid businesses that make their own policies out of fear. Your place your rules,.. but let's not pretend your fully supporting the right to bear arms.
Are you willing to indemnify the dealer for any legal fees he has to pay for litigation defense if contingency fee counsel disagrees, or simply explain to him/her there is no risk? There is a difference between the two.

Are you willing to indemnify the dealer for any legal fees he has to pay for litigation defense if contingency fee counsel disagrees, or simply explain to him/her there is no risk? There is a difference between the two.
Cmon Rob, it’s the overarching issue of being fearful of MA for what is done in NH. You can pick it apart word for word, but the point still stands. They choose to do what they do out of fear and most of us understand why. Some of us will choose to shop/shoot there, and some of us won’t.

As you can imagine there is a host of legal issues when it comes to a gun range and store especially when things are crossing state lines putting it into federal jurisdiction sometimes. We have to check id for numerous reasons including making sure the person is over 18.
Can you please cite what Fed Law limits sale of ammo or mags to people over 18? I am unaware of any such laws and I like to be knowledgeable of gun laws in particular. I know that there aren't any such laws in NH, so if I'm wrong please provide a citation to the RSA?

Now if you want to state that it is company policy, not laws, and you merely want to avoid bad publicity or media camped outside like what happened to Jim McLoud at Shooter's Outpost, I can understand and respect that.

Can you please cite what Fed Law limits sale of ammo or mags to people over 18? I am unaware of any such laws and I like to be knowledgeable of gun laws in particular. I know that there aren't any such laws in NH, so if I'm wrong please provide a citation to the RSA?

Now if you want to state that it is company policy, not laws, and you merely want to avoid bad publicity or media camped outside like what happened to Jim McLoud at Shooter's Outpost, I can understand and respect that.
Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of state or local law. However, if state law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1) and (b)(2); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]

Back
Top Bottom