• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Great American Outdoor Show

Has anyone been in the past few years? Is it worth it?

The wife has already booked our hotel. But I’m curious on what to expect. She has friends that live just outside Philly, closer Harrisburg. So I know we’ll end up having dinner with them one of the nights we’re out there.

Thinking about bringing our bows to shoot the archery course.

Has anyone been in the past few years? Is it worth it?

The wife has already booked our hotel. But I’m curious on what to expect. She has friends that live just outside Philly, closer Harrisburg. So I know we’ll end up having dinner with them one of the nights we’re out there.

Thinking about bringing our bows to shoot the archery course.
Went last year with my son as he was living only an hour from Harrisburg.........huge show. Made the old shows in Worcester look like a yard sale.

Tons of gun stuff on one huge floor, dealers, manufacturers, showing off their new stuff. You can handle all the merchandise and check it out. Looked at the new Ruger marlins there last year.

Another room is all Archery/Treestand/Sticks/Saddle vendors and some local Archery dealers from PA.

The biggest part of the center has guides and destinations from all places. If your planning on doing a hunting trip, great place to go. Some of the African trip setups are pretty darn high end for a show. We kinda buzzed thru it...but easily it took us 3-4 hours. If your gonna talk to some people and futz around going to demos and stuff.....could be easily a day in there.

I recommend going early morning unless your going during the week, which I would really recommend...weekends are nuts..........we went early Sunday..and by 1pm when we left it was butt to nut in there.

They even have beef jerky. [rofl]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom