Great Road Firearms in Stow??

So, does anyone know what's going on with Great Road Firearms in Stow? Are they going to open? Did they change ownership? Does anyone know what happened?

Just found this...

Post was dated: Jan 8, 2021
1611156126177.png

Last edited:
I did see that a member here posted that a friend made a purchase there as recent as this past Saturday, so who knows...?

They posted that about a week or two ago. But they have still had appointments since that announcement was made.

Do a search on here... there are a couple of threads on GRF

They did “apologize for any inconvenience caused by this closure.”...so, all good, right?
I worked for a place once that sent a letter to the sales force (me included) telling us that they were cutting our commission rate by 10% and they said "sorry for the inconvenience." I was gone from there 2 weeks later.

Shame really, I had a couple transactions there and they were great to deal with. Curious what happened behind the scenes.

Hope they get back on their feet at some point. Stowe is a bit out of the way for me but I met up there once for a transaction with a fellow NES’r and they seemed like really cool guys.

Oh man, this really sucks, although sadly I never got the chance to purchase anything from them they had some amazing stuff I was saving my pennies for, shit, if I had the chance to walk in and buy something right now I'd very likely drop a grand or two.

I worked for a place once that sent a letter to the sales force (me included) telling us that they were cutting our commission rate by 10% and they said "sorry for the inconvenience." I was gone from there 2 weeks later.

The older I get the more I spot the corporate bullshit and am less likely to get f***ed by it.
I remember my fist job out of college, the economy tanked and the hospital removed paid vacation time from all the per-diem employee's benefits package- you could use what you had but acrue no more.

Knowing the business was in a tight spot I rolled over, but when administration got thier vacation time back 9 months later and the rest of us didn't I became very jaded. I used to not understand the people who couldn't see the larger picture, but over the years I've realized as an employee the larger picture rarely applies to me.

I wonder if the tank is for sale. That would make a great lawn ornaments......and I can only imagine what my fud neighbors would say
Something in gibberish screaming while running around in skivys with a Garand due to a combat PTSD relapse. Good job neighbor. Just get a lawn nome lol.

I overheard them talking about expanding in late October, so its odd they're closed now. Maybe I misheard them.

Hopefully they make it back, I'd stop in there on my way home for work somewhat often

So if anyone is interested, the store is unfortunately out of business, this is due to a falling out between the 2 owners of the business causing one owner to leave the business. After that owner left (when they closed temporarily) the remaining owner what unable to carry the business and unfortunately had to close permanently. Sad news for all as I was closer to the store than most but we lost a great place full of good people. Just wanted to post an update to anyone still wondering. Thanks guys

So if anyone is interested, the store is unfortunately out of business, this is due to a falling out between the 2 owners of the business causing one owner to leave the business. After that owner left (when they closed temporarily) the remaining owner what unable to carry the business and unfortunately had to close permanently. Sad news for all as I was closer to the store than most but we lost a great place full of good people. Just wanted to post an update to anyone still wondering. Thanks guys
Thanks for the update. Sad to hear that, this was my go to store

Booo.

Curious to the people who know the owners and the back office details of what happened... why couldn't they bring in another owner? Did the one that was left not want another partnership?

It seemed like someone with gun knowledge/interest and some capital could have stepped in to a fully functioning business that was doing well in the area.

Curious to the people who know the owners and the back office details of what happened... why couldn't they bring in another owner? Did the one that was left not want another partnership?

It seemed like someone with gun knowledge/interest and some capital could have stepped in to a fully functioning business that was doing well in the area.

Meh, not when the shop crash landed like that.

Buying a gun shop is 9 out of 10 times a shitty value prop, it's an even worse one if the "vehicle" is not clean.

It would also be a different story if this was like a 20 year gun shop with a great history and an owner that wanted to retire, blah blah blah, and you
could easily guarantee the customer base was going to transition. The same cannot be said here. Also I suspect GRF hasn't been buying much
product, so I would hazard a guess that any street cred they had with distribution has also been flushed down the toilet. That is probably the one asset that
was worth the most and its surely gone now.

Dibs on the tracked armored vehicle in the liquidation sale.

seriously, shame the partnership went south and they had to close.

another very good Ma shop bites the dust...it's a sad trend

Not a new phenomenon. One shop goes another 2 or 3 appear. Since Sandy Hook a lot of shops have blown up because some can't survive the slumps, etc. This one is unique in the respect that it failed in the middle of a boom, though.

Even despite maura's garbage etc, I bet there are more dealers in MA than there used to be. How many of them are really good? God only knows. [laugh]

So, does anyone know what's going on with Great Road Firearms in Stow? Are they going to open? Did they change ownership? Does anyone know what happened?
They were doing a huge business. Very successful. I live nearby and they are definitely closed and had significant inventory a month ago. The only things I can imagine to cause them to close ( my speculation) - Trouble with Maura Healy - Trouble with BATF- Trouble with IRS- or change of ownership.

Well if it was a partnership and one member leaves, the partnership would be dissolved and a new company would need to be created. The FFL which was probably in the partners' names will also be dissolved and I believe the state/town business licenses as well. So you need to go back and redo all of those things, you can't just substitute someone in place of the guy that leaves.

Back
Top Bottom