Great Road Firearms

You're shoveling an awful lot of dirt without much explanation there.
Not really, GRF has been all over this forum like a rash, and none of it was good.
This was one members experience just a couple of months ago

If anyone knows any of the folks at @Great Road Firearms please reach out to them and have them reach out to me.

I’ve spent a few thousand dollars at this place just this summer alone, thought the folks were great and figured it would be my go to shop into the near future.

On Halloween day I was in the shop picking up some parts I had work done on and had also dropped $$$ on an ACOG there.

As I was leaving the owner came out with a brand new 1301 to show me that I had been looking for, done, sold, I left a 500.00 deposit on it and said I’d be back in a week as I’m leaving the state for a few days. Got a receipt and a good hand shake as always.

I returned the following Friday (06 Nov) to finish the transaction and pick up the purchase. When I arrived there was about 6-7 people and vehicles in the front of the store and an employee was saying they were closed due to inventory needs. Nobody gets in. I explained that I have a purchase in limbo that needs to be closed out and was told that “sorry you’ll have to call or email and make an appt for the near future.”

I was a little pissed but understandable I suppose and will make an appt, “shit happens and they’re good people, no big deal.” I thought.

Over that weekend I called and left my info via voicemail as well as sent an email with contact info and a short blurb, as instructed, to make an appt. No response for a few days so I repeat the process of voicemail/email. No response for several more days.

I check out their website page and it says they’re closed temp and to call to make an appt. After about 10 days or and several more attempts via phone/VM, I drive back out there. Door is locked but an employee looks out the window and recognizes me, let’s me inside and locks door again, some small talk, lot of internal bitching and moaning going on and they react with shock that nobody has called me back yet.

We do the online stuff with the Feds to finally complete the purchase and fml I get delayed. Then I’m told their credit card/debit machine is down and are only taking cash now. I said ya no I’ll bring cash back when I’m clear to walk with my purchase, and then confirmed that if I don’t hear back from anybody in the next few days with a Go I’ll return Friday which would be the legal “proceed” day.

So that day comes and I drive out there. Door is locked but there’s a fresh car parked on the side of the building which tells me 99% that someone’s inside working. Knock on door for about 5mins and no joy. Go back to my car and call, no answer, leave VM stating that I’m outside and will wait for about 15mins for a call back to come inside and complete. 3 other cars come and go and nobody gets an answer at the door. I call 3 more times while sitting there with no answer.

Now completely pissed off I leave to go home wondering what my next course of action will be or if they’ll actually call me. Still very much trying to extend as much patience and understanding as I can muster, but really pissed that my money is being held and there is zero courtesy in return.

Today is Sunday, I’ve called about 10 more times since Friday w/some added voicemails and got zero response, now their FB page has also been taken down.

Whatever internal issues they’re going through, have now become external issues affecting a whole lot of customers and in affect holding those with still open accounts hostage with zero recourse for us outside of legal means, which I would absolutely hate to go down that road.

I posted the above link in the Dealers forum hoping the @ would ping a PM message to them and get a reply since phones/email do not. This is my next step in progression of that to try and illicit a response.

So I ask again here please, if anyone has recent contact with them please ask them to get in touch with me ASAP. Thanks for reading. Really really disappointed and pissed off.

Bad gun shops don't get a free pass in here, if you are a RAT that called the AG's office, a place that helped Chan. 5 do a hit piece on gun owners, etc etc etc... we have a long memory

You're shoveling an awful lot of dirt without much explanation there.
If you read the other thread about what cams went through it's pretty easy to explain there's no dirt it's the reality of having a f***ed up situation.... they either gotta change their name or clear the air otherwise a lot of people aren't going to trust them.... because I'm 99.9% sure that he was not the only dude with money that got hung up there.... you can't take deposits on shit and then go incommunicado.... and not expect people to get concerned.

Isn’t one or both of owners local LEO’s? Can you just find them at local pd? Only had good experiences there. Last time was august. Gave 25% cash deposit with no receipt. Went back 2 weeks later with the rest and picked up no problem.

Well, now I know.
I've got to say I'm surprised. I've known one of the owners for years and he's always been a stand up guy.
I always kindof got the impression that he was constantly having to put up with the f***ery of his co-owners. Hopefully it will work out for him, because he is definitely a friend to Mass gun owners and an all around good guy.

I think there is a lot behind the scenes that we may never know the full story on.

The people that I know there are great and very supportive of us in this craphole. I get the feeling that there are some issues with some personalities not getting along, but hopefully the good ones stay and the bad ones will leave.

I do think they'll need to make an announcement in the near future if they can re-open to explain any ownership / management changes. That will go a long way in helping people make the decision if they want to continue to do business with them or not.

Gonna be tough getting customer confidence back. In these very tough times, I don't think anyone wants to place an order or arrange for an incoming transfer with a dealer who is on shaky ground. That's a prescription for disaster. [thinking]

It really is too bad. My one visit to that shop left me with a good feeling about them... and then this. :confused: Damn. 🤪

Same here. Did a good number of transactions with them and all the experiences were positive. Whatever challenges they had were probably a result of their success because I know it wasn't for a lack of customers. Hopefully they get back together and I'll be a customer again.

A guy at work just made a purchase there. Was offered to have an SBR custom made for him too.

As much as I like the shop and hope the best for them. I’m not sure I would commit that money and time for stamp approval until they announce that they are open full time again.

Back
Top Bottom