• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Green Card Renewal

So I am in a little pickle. My gun hobby has really taken a back seat to kids, work and other hobbies so I have not paid as much attention to it.

I was looking in my wallet and my green card expires in 7 weeks. I also figured out that my C&R expired.

As far as I know, I needed a C&R to get the initial green card, is it required for the renewal? Does anyone know the timeline for getting a C&R now?

I think what I am going to do is the following:
1. Renew/re-apply for my C&R
2. Hope that comes in 6 weeks.
3. Apply for the green card renewal?

This is more than a thought exercise since I own gear that requires a green card. My town is pretty friendly but I would like your advice first.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for the advice, I just sent an email to my examiner at the ATF. I will see what he says on lead times and then speak with my chief of police. As long as I get the green card app in before expiration, I should be legally ok I think. I will not travel with said firearms until I receive my new green card. Make sense?

Chris

Just an update, received my C&R yesterday so I dropped off my no excuses completed renewal at the PD today. I have to say the Dept of Justice folks were wonderful getting my renewal completed in a timely manner. As always, my local PD is helpful. Hopefully, I will get my temp license in the mail in the next few days.

Chris

safe bet you may be the oldest thing in town, jack, they just take you for granted now. [bow]
Not just me. For everyone. Almost "instant" app'ts for renewal, they stick to the 40 day thingy, always in the mail in less time than that. N/C for even the GC if over 70. Just a great town on that issue. Taxes, however.....Jack.

Back
Top Bottom