• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Grimes' 'Dune'-Inspired Met Gala Look Included a Sword Made From an AR-15

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Sorry guys, she's spoken for already. Elon is a lucky guy.

Grimes was a vision in futuristic silver at the Met Gala on Monday night (Sept. 13), rocking a Dune-inspired gown and enormous sword -- which was apparently made out of "fermented guns" -- to match her metallic mask.

The 33-year-old singer explained to Vogue that her custom body-hugging Iris van Herpen gown -- made of liquid silicone and hand-pleated silk -- was based on David Lynch's legendary 1984 adaption of Frank Herbert's 1965 sci-fi novel Dune. The film has been re-made with Met co-host Timothée Chalamet, and is due out on Oct. 22.

"We were working with the Dune movie people,” Grimes told the mag, explaining that the film's producers hired her as "a professional fan, or like, an influencer or something." But after they couldn't nail down anything official, she just kind of winged it and went her own, unofficial way.

The startling look -- which reportedly took 900 hours to fashion -- included a shiny silver metal face mask, lavender lace-up Marc Jacobs platform boots, bejeweled eyebrows, a small illuminated book, and that giant, attention-grabbing sword.

“It’s not a prop sword. I tried to pick it up and this is not really a one-handed situation,” Grimes assured, referring to the heft of her fashion weapon. Then, reading from notes on her phone, she added: "The sword is based on a western European sword from the end of the Middle Ages around 1400. ... Is a permanent piece of the Met’s collection, and the sword is also cast from a Colt AR-15A3."

According to the artist, the somewhat unwieldy accessory was forged by a group who collects unwanted automatic rifles that were melted down. From there, she explained, the group then turns those liquified firearms into "perfect replicas of medieval swords, which I think is just so cool -- I think it’s a beautiful thing.”

In an interview with ET, Grimes referred to her sword as being made out of "fermented guns." She joked to the outlet, "So it's like, I was a bit of a gun."

Attachments

• Grimes-met-gala-2021-red-carpet-billboard-1548-1631574564-compressed.png
    Grimes-met-gala-2021-red-carpet-billboard-1548-1631574564-compressed.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 175

Grimes was a vision in futuristic silver at the Met Gala on Monday night (Sept. 13), rocking a Dune-inspired gown and enormous sword -- which was apparently made out of "fermented guns" -- to match her metallic mask.

The 33-year-old singer explained to Vogue that her custom body-hugging Iris van Herpen gown -- made of liquid silicone and hand-pleated silk -- was based on David Lynch's legendary 1984 adaption of Frank Herbert's 1965 sci-fi novel Dune. The film has been re-made with Met co-host Timothée Chalamet, and is due out on Oct. 22.

"We were working with the Dune movie people,” Grimes told the mag, explaining that the film's producers hired her as "a professional fan, or like, an influencer or something." But after they couldn't nail down anything official, she just kind of winged it and went her own, unofficial way.

The startling look -- which reportedly took 900 hours to fashion -- included a shiny silver metal face mask, lavender lace-up Marc Jacobs platform boots, bejeweled eyebrows, a small illuminated book, and that giant, attention-grabbing sword.

“It’s not a prop sword. I tried to pick it up and this is not really a one-handed situation,” Grimes assured, referring to the heft of her fashion weapon. Then, reading from notes on her phone, she added: "The sword is based on a western European sword from the end of the Middle Ages around 1400. ... Is a permanent piece of the Met’s collection, and the sword is also cast from a Colt AR-15A3."

According to the artist, the somewhat unwieldy accessory was forged by a group who collects unwanted automatic rifles that were melted down. From there, she explained, the group then turns those liquified firearms into "perfect replicas of medieval swords, which I think is just so cool -- I think it’s a beautiful thing.”

In an interview with ET, Grimes referred to her sword as being made out of "fermented guns." She joked to the outlet, "So it's like, I was a bit of a gun."
Honestly I thought the Glock like logo was cool.

Where are these “unwanted” automatic rifles that she speaks of?

Where are these “unwanted” automatic rifles that she speaks of?

Exactly.

Is this like a gun buy back??? They end up being the highest bidder somehow.

OTOH, I have this client. I also know his 80-something year old dad. Jr. sort of thinks of himself a bit more highly than he should. And he doesn't know squat about me personally.

Ergo, he went on one day about how after Newtown, his dad (who lives in NH) took all of his guns to the police station and turned them in. Because he didn't feel safe with them anymore.

Ummmmmmmmm. . . . . . . . . . . . hmmmmm. . . . . . . . . . . ;)

And yet plenty of folks on here will stand in line to go see this new pile of trash in the cinemas. All while the people who acted/worked on the film laugh at and jeer the people who paid to go watch it. The transfer of wealth will continue as long as the world remains filled with stupid people.

Is this like a gun buy back??? They end up being the highest bidder somehow.
Overnight it occurred to me that it could be a slick method of gun laundering:
  • Accept guns from moonbats, telling them that they will be melted down and turned into movie props, etc.
    • Dumpster-fire cities eat that narrative up with a spoon.
  • Make some movie props out of bar stock or even scrap from the junkyard.
  • Resell the (free!) guns on the sly.

Overnight it occurred to me that it could be a slick method of gun laundering:
  • Accept guns from moonbats, telling them that they will be melted down and turned into movie props, etc.
    • Dumpster-fire cities eat that narrative up with a spoon.
  • Make some movie props out of bar stock or even scrap from the junkyard.
  • Resell the (free!) guns on the sly.
I think this is what they do.
How many ARs would it take to make a sword that big .

I think this is what they do.
How many ARs would it take to make a sword that big .

You've glossed over the first vital question. . . . how do you get an amalgam of steel and aluminum in the first place???? ;).

Steeluminum??? Aluuul????? I mean, pick an AK - at least it's all iron-based. But an AR??? If I had to guess, your standard M4 is probably 70% aluminum and 30% steel (of the metallic parts, of course).

Back
Top Bottom