Grips for a S&W 36 Chief snub

If your looking for grips for your S&W snub nose , check out the Pachmayr Compact Professional , no finger Grove . I have them on both my Chief and the mod.34 same gun only in 22 lr. Easy to conceal and fits better in my hand without being bulky. Worth a look if your looking.

TJ
You can't beat the look of wood . Years back I bought grips for my Chief in Simba Stag they cost a pretty penny , looked beautiful on the gun but for a carry piece it was too pretty , now they live in my safe. When the time comes maybe my kids will change to them . Like you I keep my firearms in excellent condition. Thanks for answering , Be Well.

Chris

Jay
Larger grips on a J frame will make it more comfortable , I was my Chief for a carry piece , larger grips are harder to conceal , the Pachmayr rubber is grippy and feels good in the hand.

Palladin
CT Laser grips came with my Colt New Agent 3" 45acp 1911 , the NA has a trench sight not standard sights so the laser adds a fun touch to shooting also added them to my Government model also. The NA and the S&W Chief snub are my carry guns , the rubber Pachs on the 38 covers all the bases. The lasers are added fun for sure , hard to miss when sighted in properly at a set distance , mine is 10 yards. Thank for answering.
Chris
PS: Have the time for being on line , getting over this China virus , not a picnic. Would love some payback but doesn't look like it will happen.

Old school minimalist. Function before form. Old humpback here. No lock and hidden hammer so no snag draw. Retains the ability to cock the hammer and single fire for accuracy shots.

Tyler T Grip with Barami Hip Grips.

Original Mexican Style carry. Grab, stuff it and go.

Attachments

• 20210114_124457.jpg
    20210114_124457.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210114_124450.jpg
    20210114_124450.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
pj
Never tried the hip grip but good for deap concealment , had the Tyler T on a K frame not on a J made the grip too small using the hip grip may allow for a better grip .The Pach grips fill under the trigger guard and extends about 1/4" at the base with open back strap. Comes down to what works for you . Thanks for your input and taking the time in posting the pictures ., I appreciate it .
Chris

I just picked up a s&w 438, factory rubber boot grips are good to go for me. It's only a .38 special. On my 640 pro series I run a larger grip but that's an all stainless .357.

Old school minimalist. Function before form. Old humpback here. No lock and hidden hammer so no snag draw. Retains the ability to cock the hammer and single fire for accuracy shots.

Tyler T Grip with Barami Hip Grips.

Original Mexican Style carry. Grab, stuff it and go.

I've got a few Tylers just in case. [cheers]

i use the uncle mikes boot grip. has that one ridge for the pinky. they put the extra girth on the inside for better purchase, not on the outside so it still won't print much. i won't use anything else, been on since '94, love it.

moo the 438 is a great carry gun my friend Carry's the mod 49 bodyguard , good luck with your revolver38spl will get the job done , it's been around for a long time and keep going., Keep it clean and it will last forever

green
Once you find the grip that works for you stick with it , 1994 , you found your favorite for sure. Thanks guys for taking the time in answering my post .

TJ
Now that's a collection . The one to the right ( blued ) is your carry or shooter the other two are too pretty both are pinned . Very Nice . Thanks for Showing. I also favor the S&W snubs above all , great little revolver , my old reliable. Thanks Again.

Chris

I've had this Hogue grip for probably 10 years or so. Very comfortable and grippy. The gun does not move at all in the hand. This used to be my primary carry piece. Since then it's been rotated out as it has sentimental value, as this piece was given to me by my grandfather. IIRC it was made somewhere around 1962. No-dash Mod 36 flat latch.

I'm thinking it deserves a set of grips from Altamont.

IMG_2948.jpg

Viper it looks in great shape and deserves a nice set of grips, that one will remain in the family . I also inherited a 1911 from my Uncle , will also remain in the family. Thanks for posting.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom