• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gronk had his guns stolen in burglary

Russians did it! They also conspired with Eagles. Let's sink few millions into that quick sand! :D

for sho! Let me call Yahoo with this news story so I can put them as a reliable source for a FISA warrant!

There is no requirement a pistol save be bolted or secured. Calling this a storage violation would be a stretch.

Mora is very flexible when it comes to re-interpretations. What happens if a couple of innocent children stole those safe?

On a serious note though, those safes, assuming they are small pistol safes, are probably more like mobile containers than a storage device, hence must be secured themselves.

It's interesting the report is talking about "stolen safes" rather than breeched containers.
It's coming off a recording of the local police comms in Foxborough (one of the news reports this morning played it - from memory while I was slogging on the treadmill: "Multiple safes taken - possible guns stolen"). The accuracy is likely fair-to-middling, assuming you have whomever took the report passing the details to the dispatcher, who then made the radio call.

There is no requirement a pistol save be bolted or secured. Calling this a storage violation would be a stretch.
AFAIK, there isn't even a requirement that there be a safe. I believe lying on a table with a properly installed approved trigger lock would be legal. Stupid, but still legal.

On a serious note though, those safes, assuming they are small pistol safes, are probably more like mobile containers than a storage device, hence must be secured themselves.
I don't think so, but I'd be more than willing to see a cite that makes that point.

Last edited:
They weren't his guns, but his roommate/asst prob bodyguard. Gronk doesn't have an ltc. Where he is is within shouting distance of the police station pretty much. There is video but no word if any good shots of the burglars.

The Butler did it

Malcolm was at the game albeit benched...

screen-shot-2018-02-05-at-9-46-27-am.jpg

WTF...a millionaire NFL start doesn't have an alarm? 90% of these home burglaries are committed by someone known to the owner who has been in the house and knows what they're looking for. Probably a carpenter or plumber..maybe the shatbag cousin. They'll get caught.
The plumber? Eff you!
;^)

Some others have mentioned what I was thinking about an alarm system You'd think that someone with the amount of money he earns would have a very good alarm system. If he didn't I wonder why. If he did than either these were pros that knew how to disable it or as others have stated an inside job.
It sure has to suck though to come home after losing the Super Bowl and find that your house has been broken into.

Gotta love the left wing media. (CBS Sports article)

"It is hardly unusual for a professional athlete to own a gun. Nor is it illegal for an American citizen to own a gun. The idea of a Patriots tight end owning guns could be considered ... odd, given past circumstances, and it is interesting that the police chief declined to mention the guns in his statement to the Globe. "

What the hell did he have for a security system, standing in a 3 point stance in front of a safe? I don't have 1/1000th of his money and I at least have a wireless motion camera, that dials my cell phone, alarm system focused on my safe. And all the points of entry into the house.

He has 2 housemates, sounds like he think he's still in college.

Risky business breaking in on the Gronk. How the heck did the thieves know he wasn't home? [thinking]
You can tell when robs not home. His phone goes into voicemail, but only after 6 rings,

When it goes right to voicemail, or after just 2 rings I know he’s home and he’s blowing off my call, he does that a lot ...[wave]

News tonight says 3 guns stolen.....gronk does not have a license to carry but his trainer and room mate does.

I find it hard to believe that Gronk actually went and got a LTC for those guns.
News tonight says his trainer and room mate has an LTC. If that's true he's g2g as long as they were stored according to storage law.

News tonight says his trainer and room mate has an LTC. If that's true he's g2g as long as they were stored according to storage law.
That is, assuming, he does not say anything stupid like "Yeah, it's my safe; I have the combination; I let my trainer use the safe as well".

Back
Top Bottom