• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my meeting with Capt. Carrabino in Somerville - he was very straight forward and up front about everything. After the interview, he told me that I'd be getting a Class A with no restrictions as long as my background check was clear. Like El_Guapo77 said further up in this thread, it looks like the Captain just wants to make sure you've got a clean background and are a responsible individual. I'll report back once I get the license in the mail, but it looks like Somerville may be going green!

So, just got my license in the mail today. As the Captain promised, it is a Class A ALP. Took 29 days from start to finish. Now is definitely a good time to get licensed in Somerville!

I just hope the new Chief (when appointed) is as cool as Capt. Carrabino.

Franklin, MA. I met with LT. Ryan on 13 May, and received my renewed, Unrestricted Class A today, the 4th.

23 days total! Including a holiday. Franklin continues to be the best, and safest, town in the country.

Just did my LTC appointment yesterday in Gardner with the licensing sergeant. Was pretty straightforward with no extra crap required other than a filled out application. Said everything looked good and I should have a LTC A no-res in 8 weeks. Was a pleasant experience, but I am really hoping it is a lot sooner than 8 weeks.

I live in Fall River and I got my LTC-A no restrictions right off the back. Took about 2 1/2 month to come in. Fall River only issues out No restrictions so if they feel like they have to give one then they just won't give you one at all. I guess that's a good thing. Either you give all of it or don't give it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I had to get 2 reference letters and a letter of my own on why I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife just renewed license in Cohasset.Total time from submission of application to license in her hands 2 weeks. Restrictions none. Don't think there is a problem with State for those of you experiencing delays.

Wilbraham, right next to Spfld is not only green but as green as green can be. New Chief and the incredibly helpful Capt-names withheld on purpose- want to see -all lawful reasons-on the application, got the unrestricted A in about 6 weeks or so.

I do understand however that the current Chief is more than a bit different from the former, to the tune of 180* or so.

Does anyone know who the new licensing officer in North Andover is? Apparently Officer Castiglione is no longer with the force and they haven't updated their website on who to contact instead. I've had no response from the department.

New licensing officer is Officer Kate Gehrke (pronounced "ger-key"). Here's her contact info:

[email protected] or voice mail: 978-685-9996 ext. 31540

Last edited:
Anybody know what's up in Easton these days? My wife called a few weeks ago to deliver her application package and never heard back from anyone. She called again and left her cell phone number and still hasn't received a call. I know last year when I went I applied they were overwhelmed but I was expecting that it had died down by now.

In writing no less? Make them an easy target for a lawsuit?

Thats whats new. It was the policy when I got my LTC but it was told to you. Not in writing. The current Chief is a nice guy and does a good job but he has a sticking point on this item. State Rep could not even budge him on this point.

Thats whats new. It was the policy when I got my LTC but it was told to you. Not in writing. The current Chief is a nice guy and does a good job but he has a sticking point on this item. State Rep could not even budge him on this point.

Then he's not a nice guy and he does a shitty job of protecting the rights of the citizens of Woburn.

Then he's not a nice guy and he does a shitty job of protecting the rights of the citizens of Woburn.

There are a lot of nice guys who are misguided. I'm sure that there are a lot of areas where he does protect people's rights. I just love the anger.

You would think that maybe Carl at Four Seasons might weigh in on this. He is an extremely successful small businessman in that city who might be able to exert some influence on this guy...but then he is a business owner and and probably has his unrestricted LTC A. Why doesn't he move his business to a Green Town? One of the great successes of FS is low overhead. The size of the shop is not proportional to the amount of foot traffic it gets.

Some of you are going to say WTF and how does this relate? Well go to the FS website, and see all the pro-2A stuff he has on there. Where does the WPD get its firearms and shooting supplies?

Maybe Carl has done something and can't budge this guy, but if he does business with this "nice guy" then where exactly does he and FS stand? We don't know, but I think it might be a relevant question.

Who is the nice guy here? The Chief who is misguided or somebody who might work both sides of the street? Does anybody know? If you have the answer, please post, if not I'll write Carl a letter and see if I get a reply. I'll let you know what happens.

Last edited:
As far as I know the Woburn police, like all municipalities, put their ammunition and other shooting supplies out to bid. If Four Seasons bids on them or not is Fours Seasons business. I would tend to think that the paper work and time involved is not something Four Seasons needs to deal with. Also Carl is not a resident of Woburn so his LTC does not come from Chief Ferullo.

Four Seasons donates web space, time, and plenty of karma to support 2A initiatives. I posted the notice from the Woburn website because it is the first time I had seen the policy in written form and to discuss what that could mean, not what Four Seasons could do.

My personal observation, from many visits to Four Seasons, is that the number of Firemen from all towns that visit Four Seasons greatly outnumbers the LEOs.

If a city posts that it will not issue a citizen an LTC unrestricted, even though their record is clean, is that not something that deserves attention/discussion by this forum and by Comm2A/GOAL? (Yes, I have financially supported them) Operational procedure is one thing but publicly stating the policy, on this matter, is something I have not seen before.

My personal observation, from many visits to Four Seasons, is that the number of Firemen from all towns that visit Four Seasons greatly outnumbers the LEOs.

From my conversations over the years, far more fire fighters and paramedics are into shooting than police officers. My son was a licensed First Class Fireman, but he was never a firefighter. [wink]

From my conversations over the years, far more fire fighters and paramedics are into shooting than police officers. My son was a licensed First Class Fireman, but he was never a firefighter. [wink]

I stand corrected sir. A First Class Fireman will insure that many a school house/institutional boilers tubes are clean as a whistle and the Bunker C is flowing smoothly even on a cold winters day, while the Fire Fighters observed at Four Seasons provide at totally other service.

There are a lot of nice guys who are misguided. I'm sure that there are a lot of areas where he does protect people's rights. I just love the anger.

You would think that maybe Carl at Four Seasons might weigh in on this. He is an extremely successful small businessman in that city who might be able to exert some influence on this guy...but then he is a business owner and and probably has his unrestricted LTC A. Why doesn't he move his business to a Green Town? One of the great successes of FS is low overhead. The size of the shop is not proportional to the amount of foot traffic it gets.

Some of you are going to say WTF and how does this relate? Well go to the FS website, and see all the pro-2A stuff he has on there. Where does the WPD get its firearms and shooting supplies?

Maybe Carl has done something and can't budge this guy, but if he does business with this "nice guy" then where exactly does he and FS stand? We don't know, but I think it might be a relevant question.

Who is the nice guy here? The Chief who is misguided or somebody who might work both sides of the street? Does anybody know? If you have the answer, please post, if not I'll write Carl a letter and see if I get a reply. I'll let you know what happens.

just because one person is potentially questionable (Carl), doesn't mean the COP gets a free pass....

- - - Updated - - -

just because one person is potentially questionable (Carl), doesn't mean the COP gets a free pass....

Just did my LTC appointment yesterday in Gardner with the licensing sergeant. Was pretty straightforward with no extra crap required other than a filled out application. Said everything looked good and I should have a LTC A no-res in 8 weeks. Was a pleasant experience, but I am really hoping it is a lot sooner than 8 weeks.

LTC Appointment: 06/09/14
Was Approved On: 06/21/14
LTC Issued To PD: 06/26/14
Called To Pick Up LTC: 07/02/14

Issued LTC A NO-RES by Gardner PD.

Feels good to finaly have my LTC! Heading to four seasons tomorrow for sure!

I met Captain Carrabino who is in charge of the licensing for Somerville today, prior to today we had only spoken on the phone he came into my work to get something fixed he is a good guy[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom