GUILTY :The Video Of Officer Jason Van Dyke Shooting Laquan McDonald

Reptile

NES Member
Jason Van Dyke trial: Chicago cop found guilty of second degree murder of Laquan McDonald

Jason Van Dyke, the white Chicago police officer accused of fatally shooting black teenager Laquan McDonald 16 times in less than 30 seconds, was found guilty of second-degree murder and 16 counts of aggravated battery on Friday.

He faces at least 10 years in prison.

Jason Van Dyke trial: Chicago cop found guilty of second degree murder of Laquan McDonald

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCMMRoyPE4

Laquan may have been a threat with the knife before the cop shot him at close range - but after he was down on the ground bleeding out and no longer moving - Laquan should not have been shot a few more times.

Van Dyke is one tool in the giant toolbox of chicago PD. The entire dept along w cook county prosecutors office all tried to cover this up. Only reason this trial occurred was judge ordered video released, which was likely a political jab.

As usual, its smoke and mirrors with the plan to point finger at one man. Yeah he is a turd. So are all the officers who lied on hus behalf, destroyed evidence, intimidated the burger king manager, etc.

Let's not forget to mention his fellow officers who lied in their reports about the suspect moving towards Van Dyke and continuing to brandish a knife even after being shot. Haven't seen anything about them facing discipline or criminal charges.

Nothing like some cops trying help cover up for someone who had no business being a cop.

The video was kept under wraps until Rahm Emanuel won his reelection. Then the city wrote a multi-million dollar check to the family. And one to their lawyers.

4 years later. Nothing like dragging their feet.

Also 16 shots and the guy dies in the ambulance. If you're gonna sling that much lead at 5yds try aiming. JFC.
The cop hit him 16 times.

No head shots but he did put him on the ground.

Without seeing the autopsy report - it's unknown if all 16 shots were combat accurate.

Disregarding the legality of the shooting, I'd say the cop was a "good shooter".

Meaning he was effective not that this situation was a "good shoot".

JFC.

I was just reading comments on another outlet and there are people (cops) arguing that because the jury wasn’t made up of other cops that he didn’t get a fair trial.

Others claiming that having been shot 16 times and laying on the ground the fact there was a knife means he was deadly threat and it would have been fine for him to have kept shooting.

And more yet saying that unless you are a cop you can’t possible understand what a threat is.

And this is why it’s hard to respect many cops, because many continue to defend murderous cops even after a murder conviction and video evidence.

I was just reading comments on another outlet and there are people (cops) arguing that because the jury wasn’t made up of other cops that he didn’t get a fair trial.
Would those same people concede that a civilian did not get a fair trial unless all jurors had a carry permit and did so regularly?

My guess is that such people would be systematically excluded from a civilian's trial.

Would those same people concede that a civilian did not get a fair trial unless all jurors had a carry permit and did so regularly?

My guess is that such people would be systematically excluded from a civilian's trial.

Or previous convicted criminals with jurors who also have convictions? Of course not. They’re illogical and hypocritical morons.

Not to mention the mentality that they don’t think people who aren’t cops are their peers. Shows you how little they think of people in general. No wonder they are fine with cops murdering people.

With all the buildup before the verdict, I'm shocked nobody went out looting on Friday just on principle.

Let's not forget to mention his fellow officers who lied in their reports about the suspect moving towards Van Dyke and continuing to brandish a knife even after being shot. Haven't seen anything about them facing discipline or criminal charges.

Nothing like some cops trying help cover up for someone who had no business being a cop.

Laquan may have been a threat with the knife before the cop shot him at close range - but after he was down on the ground bleeding out and no longer moving - Laquan should not have been shot a few more times.

Second City Cop: Open Post

Much less than a dozen out of 385 reader comments think that
it was a bad shoot even at the end.

Rarer still that the first shot was premature.

Rarest of all that the other cops shouldn't have tried to cover it up.
(But some praise for not doubling-down on the witness stand).

If the comments are representative of CPD as a whole
(or even just the high-crime precincts),
Chicago crime stats are going to go through the roof -
because the rank and file are going to lay down on the job so badly
that the consequences make modern Baltimore look like
Giuliani and Bratton's NYC by comparison,
and the 2016/2017 Hey Jackass totals look like the "good old days".
  • Don't get out of your car except for lunch, a personal call, or to go home.
  • Be there only to roll the tape and place markers on the pavement.
  • ...I will be ___ damned if I will do anything but write the appropriate report documenting the carnage.
Other comments on policing as a career or Chicago PD as a place to do it,
but I didn't memorize them enough to go back and excerpt them.

ETA: And I'm not sure that a single one of them thinks that a random Chicago resident would have been prosecuted harder than these cop(s) have been for that kind of a bloodbath "self-defense" shooting.

One reader who made that comparison, thinks that a homeowner wouldn't even have been charged for doing a mag dump into the prone and spastic body of someone who had been walking past, studiously ignoring commands to drop a knife, out in an asteroid-belt orbit of Tueller space.

By that metric, everyone in Mass. should move to Chicago because supposedly the authorities don't object to "self help".

Last edited:
Proud to be a member of this forum. In these terribly troubled times, I think we get it right more often than not. And again, personally I just want to shoot my guns and be left alone!

This fall under the sometimes there is justice, sometimes there is just us....category of thin blue line mentality

Back
Top Bottom