• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GUILTY :The Video Of Officer Jason Van Dyke Shooting Laquan McDonald

Police officers that work in areas with significant Black populations have to deal with more severe and dangerous behavior. It must be very stressful.
Ah......so....."not guilty" in your eyes cuz of stress related to dealing black people made him shoot the incapacited black guy?

You need help.

No, I didn't mean that at all. The officer is clearly guilty. I was merely making an observation about policing in areas with large numbers of Blacks.
Ok. Is what it is...

But personally ill stick to judging people one at a time on an individual level. High crime areas exist for sure......not sure what the color of the people residing in them has to do with it.

The Color doesn't but race does. Race is more than skin color. Any honest geneticist can tell you that. Ignoring and outright denying issues within a specific population is merely denial. You have been conditioned your whole life to say that race doesn't matter even though reality says otherwise.
Yup.....your colors are showing through.

You're completely missing the point. Racial differences exist but you deny them. Why? Does it make you feel better to deny the truth?
I do not deny that racial differences exist. Culture is different as a whole between race groups. However.....assuming all in a race group are alike....be it intelligence, propensity for crime, whatever.......denies the INDIVIDUAL....the right to prove their worth....or lack of worth in society.....I admit cultural differences exist on average but chose and accept that individuals have value.

Based on your comments here is it safe to say that you assume all black people you meet are gang bangers and criminals before you even talk to them or learn about their life?

I'll say it again.....I acknowledge culture is different among racial groups but choose to take each person as individual based on their own merits once I know more about that person.

The cops that tried to cover it up were found not guilty at a bench trial. Shocking...
Second City Cop: Judge Gets it Correct

That blog post has 25 short/readable reader (i.e., CPD street cop) comments so far,
and it links:

It's interesting that when the judge rendered her verdict,
it wasn't a gavel bang and "next case" -
she spent an hour outlining her reaction to the believability
of the evidence, and ripping the prosecution a new orifice.

Maybe that's the norm for a big bench trial,
and doubly advisable for a verdict
that might be expected to trigger city-torching riots.

But I see that Jason Van Dyke's sentencing is today.
And the readership of Second City Cop expect they'll throw the book at him.

Just went back and watched the video again. Seriously.... how do the cops who helped cover it up get off free and clear.

Amazes me that people wonder why there is no faith in institutions like the police especially in places like Chicago.

As first responders, shouldn't someone be trying to keep the guy alive? Threat removed, plenty of backup... CPR and stop bleeding type stuff?

Right around the time the cruiser comes in from the front, before 2 more cops exit and barely look at the dead guy, it looks like a pool of blood or something that is quickly blurred for the rest of the video.

16 Rounds seems like a bit much, but it must truly suck to work in the windy city as a cop. could you even imagine it?

WATCH LIVE: Jason Van Dyke sentenced to 6 years, 9 months in prison for Laquan McDonald murder

CHICAGO (WLS) --
Jason Van Dyke, the Chicago police officer convicted of murdering 17-year-old Laquan McDonald, was sentenced to 81 months, or 6 years and 9 months, in prison and two years mandatory supervised release.

Judge Vincent Gaughan said he considered the most serious charge to be the second degree murder charge, not the 16 aggravated battery charges, and made his sentencing decision on that murder charge.

The sentence includes time served.

WATCH LIVE: Jason Van Dyke sentenced to 81 months in prison

The dindus did not like the 6 years he got.

They said he deserves a longer sentence.

They went to court and JVD's sentence was not changed.

Jason Van Dyke trial: Chicago cop found guilty of second degree murder of Laquan McDonald

Jason Van Dyke, the white Chicago police officer accused of fatally shooting black teenager Laquan McDonald 16 times in less than 30 seconds, was found guilty of second-degree murder and 16 counts of aggravated battery on Friday.

He faces at least 10 years in prison.

Jason Van Dyke trial: Chicago cop found guilty of second degree murder of Laquan McDonald

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCMMRoyPE4

Laquan may have been a threat with the knife before the cop shot him at close range - but after he was down on the ground bleeding out and no longer moving - Laquan should not have been shot a few more times.

Seems like the cop lost his mind. I could see if the guy with the knife was coming towards to shoot and drop him. However the shooting when the guy is down was way overboard. In the end he was dealt with and sentenced.

Van Dyke is one tool in the giant toolbox of chicago PD. The entire dept along w cook county prosecutors office all tried to cover this up. Only reason this trial occurred was judge ordered video released, which was likely a political jab.

As usual, its smoke and mirrors with the plan to point finger at one man. Yeah he is a turd. So are all the officers who lied on hus behalf, destroyed evidence, intimidated the burger king manager, etc.

Thin blue line. Had a friend that was a union rep. on the force. The stories he told were just shocking. And the things HE backed people up on "because you have to back his play" was just utterly insane. This was a good man that had no problem setting all that aside because his "fellow officer" needed help.

He was also a big fan of detail work. It was unsafe otherwise. Apparently, we are more moronic in Mass than the other 49 states that have laws allowing flagmen. (flagpeople???)

Back
Top Bottom