GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

Anybody see the knife vendor who was selling the fixed-blades near the middle of the house? I forgot to write down the name... they had some interesting micarta handles on them, but the guy was pretty busy when I went by so I didn't get a chance to ask about what steel they use. If you've got an idea who they were, let me know - should've just stuck around a bit longer, but sometimes it's better to keep moving so the wallet can stay in the pocket. :)

Might be the ESEE knives? For those interested in the group buy who didn't make the show, they seemed like great knives. Some weight to them but a solid knife with good balance, should last near forever and you can tell just by picking them up they'd make short work of a cinder block like in their video.

Anybody see the knife vendor who was selling the fixed-blades near the middle of the house? I forgot to write down the name... they had some interesting micarta handles on them, but the guy was pretty busy when I went by so I didn't get a chance to ask about what steel they use. If you've got an idea who they were, let me know - should've just stuck around a bit longer, but sometimes it's better to keep moving so the wallet can stay in the pocket. :)

Not sure exactly what dealer you are talking about, but they may be at this show.

NCCA Knife Show
Sunday, February 12th 2012
Marlboro, MA – Holiday Inn
(508) 481-3000
I-495 exit 24A. Show hours 9:am - 3pm

Table reservations & info, contact:
Linda Cain (978) 544-5348
e-mail: [email protected]
http://www.ncca.info/calendar.htm

Might be the ESEE knives? For those interested in the group buy who didn't make the show, they seemed like great knives. Some weight to them but a solid knife with good balance, should last near forever and you can tell just by picking them up they'd make short work of a cinder block like in their video.

I was thinking the same thing. Those knives were really nice. http://www.eseeknives.com/index2.htm

If you go green there is a group buy in the members forum. I think they're waiting on new prices but the discount seems to be really good.

I've been a fan since back when they were Rat Cutlery. I own several ESSE knives. Three fixed blades, and the one folder they made with DpX. They are incredible knives. Well made, stout knives. Great for a general purpose camp/work knife. I forget the guys name there at the show who sells them, but I bought a RC4 I think it was from him at the previous show. All the others I've bought online over the years.

There are guys who attend the Springfield shows in full re enactment outfits, Russian, German, Japanese etc. These guys are like the Cowboy action folks, dress up in period clothing. I attended a reenactment show once and these guys are serious. They look for the proper positioning of things as small as buttons etc. Just MO Ross.

I think the proper term for these people is "LARPERS" [laugh]

Was it the dealer that was seller BRKT fixed blades ? Great quality knives .

The show was well worth the price of admission for me, and it was great to see some familiar faces. The best part of the day was watching Shadyduk carrying a backpack with almost 3000 rounds of ammo stuffed in it. He looked like a hunchback.
it was a much better show for me Sunday, I almost regret going Saturday because of the crowd, but at least I scored some 357 mag very cheap. I am glad to know now that my backpack can handle that weight. That thing was HEAVY
Fred, thanks again for your help Sunday. I wish I had seen that colt you had Saturday, but ill get one one of these days.

Wow... that's weird. Mine is a 6" with both cylinders, and no, the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. But all the screws are fine. Just a little bit of holster wear on the muzzle & ejector housing.

And... now that I examine it more closely, the spare cylinder is NOT for this revolver. In fact, according to the manual I just downloaded from Ruger, a Convertible should have a three-digit serial number on each cylinder. And NEITHER of these has any number of any sort. [banghead] I think I need to call the dealer on Tuesday; it was only because it was a convertible (I thought) that I purchased it. [thinking]

OK, I need to post a followup to this post. After a few false starts trying to link up with Match Shot Firearms about this revolver (couple of times I stopped by when I was out that way they were closed, even though it was within their posted business hours - apparently they've had some illness, forcing the close), I stopped by yesterday.

Walked in and started to explain - and the guy behind the counter exclaims, "Hey, it's the cylinder guy!". (I'd called a few times trying to set up a time to go out there, so they were familiar with the situation). Turns out that the guy who sold them the Single Six had come back and told them, "I think I gave you guys the wrong spare cylinder. Here's the right one." And sure enough, it was. They'd been holding it for me until I came by.

Kudos to Match Shot.

Now... I need to get to the range again with some 22WMR. [grin]

(Oh, BTW... the serial number for these guns is lightly engraved with an electric pencil on the front of the cylinder - if it's dirty - and they were - you can't see it!)

Back
Top Bottom