• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Auctions

WMD

I was considering buying a used pistol on an on-line auction and had a question about the legality of the transaction. For a new handgun I'm assuming for the FFL to transfer it must be on the approved list and meet the AG's requirements. However, on used handguns I saw this on the Four Season's webiste:

"USED HANDGUNS
If a handgun is on THE LIST we can sell or transfer that model if it was made before 10/21/98.
If the handgun is NOT on THE LIST, it had to be registered to a MA resident or under a MA dealer's license prior to 10/21/98."

How do I find out if it was made prior to 10/21/98 - If I ask for the serial number is there a way to research it on-line to make sure beforehand that it was pre-ban and that the FFL will transfer it to me when it arrives in MA?

See http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74106#post74106 for LenS's post. You can try emailing the seller to see if he knows, or will give you the serial number for you to contact the mfg. You may need proof over just the word of the seller for an FFL to take it in here tho....unless they have documentation for the gun showing when they purchased it.

Good luck! [grin]

Last edited:
Thanks Len, I just won an auction for a glock 26 - I've been eyeing one of these at 4 seasons for awhile now. I used the link you provided and it come back as mfg. pre-98. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Back
Top Bottom