• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Having lived in VA years ago, too many gun owners just don't vote. Nearly all the swamp people in the northern part of the State do vote.

For people that "don't vote" not sure how stuff like this happens....

These counties didn't just do this "for the hell of it". It's pretty damned obvious there are some people seriously pissed off about these
gun control proposals....

sanct.png

ETA: VA also has VCDL, which is easily top 10 grassroots state level RKBA org in the country. Over time they chipped away at various
pieces of gun law stupidity in that state and accomplished a lot. You don't get that without gathering a lot of support, influence,
etc.

There is no way in hell the NG is going to move on citizens down there.
They know the mindset which is nothing like folks up north.
After the dust settles ( Assuming they even win )they would still have to live alongside these people.
You wouldn't get too many restful nights sleep .
God forbid the worst happens and some little kids get wiped out in some sort of f*cked up raid.
The governor and every Dem politician down there had better have a quick exit strategy .
Those folks down there have a long memory.

It's not even north vs south, etc. Look at the limited media coverage of this stuff, people are stuffing town halls etc. People are PISSED. Based off that
alone they should be very afraid of going full retard, because it's not going to be "well received".

The other thing some forget.... these people have only had marginally annoying gun control laws since, god knows when. And I don't think any have ever
demanded confiscation or surrender of guns outside of stuff like ROs, etc. It's not like they're used to bending over and lubing up like MA/NY/CA, etc, types are.
Basically the hard dem contingent has loudly announced "we're going to rape gun owners, without lube" and a large portion of gun owners have said "O RLY? "
and have registered that as a threat against them collectively.

The happy fun thing here is you can tell this isn't a Shitberg/MDA operation, regardless of what he says about it, you know people like Shitberg are actually watching
this and cringing, because going full retard exposes these people badly and potentially could set back their stupid "cause" for decades. When people start fighting
back, and they see others WINNING, even if its only one battle of many, it ignites a base of people they didn't want to see.... and in the case of the antis, because their base is FAKE, they have virtually nothing to fall back on. There are only so many welfare layabouts/single moms they can afford to pay money to show up at protests, etc....

-Mike

True, but my point was is to the average person it doesn't sound unreasonable given the circumstances. The circumstances in Virginia are totally different and deploying the national guard to aid LE in enforcing gun laws (among other nonsense that are also included in these bills/laws) is beyond overreaction.

This is NOT what they would be doing. They would be going against "LE", who are NOT enforcing gun laws.

A State of Emergency is exactly the time it's most important for Individuals to be armed to protect themselves, against looters, or the Government providing the Emergency Services. What if they Government declared "Gun Violence" a State of Emergency?
FIFY:
What if they Government declared "Gun Ownership" a State of Emergency?

The Maj. General isn't going to tip his hand if he is in opposition to the Governor, not before any orders are given, but notice that he's not saying anyone within the guard who fails to follow orders will be burned at the stake or some other threat. It's going to come down to each individual to decide whether they're going to follow thru with any orders or not.

Good point. He is just making a statement of sorts, a shot across the bow that people (under him) are paying attention. He is not speculating one way or the other, "just sayin'!".

A cop from Virginia posted this sitrep on AR15.com:
The Yankee plant seems to have forgotten that the police and National guard are the people of Virginia. The families of Virginians, the descendants of Virginians who started the Revolution ...

Wait, I thought it was Massachusetts that started the Revolutionary War.
???

Wait, I thought it was Massachusetts that started the Revolutionary War.
???

Agreed!

What ever happened to (according to Wikipedia), which occurred two miles down the road from me: "The shot heard round the world" is a phrase that refers to the opening shot of the Battle of Concord in 1775, which began the American Revolutionary War and led to the creation of the United States of America.

Frank

Relax, the military will not take your guns...
07-minister.jpg

Agreed!

What ever happened to (according to Wikipedia), which occurred two miles down the road from me: "The shot heard round the world" is a phrase that refers to the opening shot of the Battle of Concord in 1775, which began the American Revolutionary War and led to the creation of the United States of America.

Frank

It was, imagine our ancestors if they knew an attorney general up and decided we couldn’t arm ourselves with AR’s anymore.

God forbid the worst happens and some little kids get wiped out in some sort of f*cked up raid.
They'll just whip out Dianne Feinstein like they did during the Ruby Ridge hearings. She'll basically say it's the parents faults for being gun owners and if they hadn't been, their children would be alive.

The governor and every Dem politician down there had better have a quick exit strategy .
The gov and the Dems in the legislature are all Deep State given their proximity to DC. You think Northam cooked up this whole thing on his own? Nope, he's being given his marching orders by the DNC, by Deep State traitors in the CIA, FBI, Pentagon, etc, possibly even foreign sources who are looking to crush any potential civilian resistance were there some sort of invasion/occupation by Latin drug cartels and gangs, a coup by Antifa, or a war with China.

I don't think they have a quick exit strategy, if they give orders they'll use the police and try to use the national guard, may even call for help from other states' guard (think Maryland, New York, New Jersey) and if that fails, Virginia will request aid of UN Peacekeepers.

Does anybody really think that the citizens of Virginia who were to lazy to even vote, and let the libs in, are all of a sudden going to risk everything for an AR15. Americans are too fat and happy with their lifestyles to risk anything. This isn't 1776 and we are not the people we once were.

For people that "don't vote" not sure how stuff like this happens

The 2A Sanctuary resolutions are enacted by municipal councils. Here in RI, one of the town councillors brings the resolution up at a town council meeting. Then the public speaks (but doesn't vote) on the issue. The town council then votes, which in RI is usually five town councillors.

The people don't vote on these resolutions. No polls, no ballots, no voters.

Does anybody really think that the citizens of Virginia who were to lazy to even vote, and let the libs in, are all of a sudden going to risk everything for an AR15. Americans are too fat and happy with their lifestyles to risk anything. This isn't 1776 and we are not the people we once were.

You're victim blaming.

What we're seeing in VA is demographics and economics at play. Someone could've lived in any other part of VA except NOVA for decades, voted steadfastly conservative, but still be in this predicament. This is one part of the state dictating to the rest.

People only vote for their own state politicians. Not the politicians for every other district in the state.

It's not as simple as "they didn't vote." This is the direct result of former Atty Gen Eric Holder's new gerrymandering effort. They specifically redrew district lines to create this blue state. They invalidated the third box and Virginians are responding with the fourth box.

Excerpt from Kim Strassel's Potomac Watch column in Nov 7's WSJ:

Democrats on Tuesday won total control of Virginia’s government, adding both chambers of the General Assembly to the governor’s mansion. They will redraw Virginia’s legislative district lines after next year’s census. The Old Dominion was already moving left, though the redistricting power likely cements Democratic dominance over Virginia for the next 10 years.

This was Mr. Holder’s plan. While most prominent Democrats spent the months following Donald Trump’s election plotting future runs, Mr. Holder was launching the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, committed to domination of electoral mapmaking through the courts and legislatures. The NDRC spent its first years aggressively litigating legislative maps it didn’t like, to great success. Virginia’s election was the first test of the electoral piece of Mr. Holder’s strategy, and it will now serve as the model by which Democrats attempt to gain redistricting power in 11 other key states next year.

The NDRC claims its efforts are aimed at simple “fairness in the electoral system.” It says it’s working to overturn gerrymanders that “disenfranchise” voters. Don’t be fooled. Mr. Holder’s group has never engaged in blue states where Democrats routinely draw maps to disadvantage Republicans, such as Maryland, Massachusetts or New Jersey.
The NDRC is instead the Democratic version of the GOP’s success of a decade ago, the Redmap Project. Democrats, flush from Barack Obama’s 2008 victory, tuned out the state legislatures. Republicans used their inattention, along with a sweeping cash advantage and a backlash against the Obama presidency, to flip 21 state chambers in 2010, allowing them to dominate map-drawing after that year’s census. That power helped consolidate Republican control of state chambers and the U.S. House. Republicans might be flattered by Mr. Holder’s imitation—if they weren’t so busy getting crushed.

The Holder “sue to blue” litigation strategy has already yielded major gains for Democrats, as state judges struck down maps drawn by Republicans and required changes that ultimately aided the Democrats. Example: Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court—which is chosen through partisan elections and has a Democratic majority—in 2018 overruled the U.S. House maps drawn by the Republican legislature and produced its own version. The new maps helped Democrats flip three net seats. In Virginia, federal judges redrew the state legislative map to aid candidates running this week.

Well I wish them the best but don't have much faith. Like the quote in the movie says" they can talk the talk but can they walk the walk".

Agreed!
Frank
In the South, the Revolution refers to Secession that created the Confederate States of America.

It's not even north vs south, etc. Look at the limited media coverage of this stuff, people are stuffing town halls etc. People are PISSED. Based off that
alone they should be very afraid of going full retard, because it's not going to be "well received".

The other thing some forget.... these people have only had marginally annoying gun control laws since, god knows when. And I don't think any have ever
demanded confiscation or surrender of guns outside of stuff like ROs, etc. It's not like they're used to bending over and lubing up like MA/NY/CA, etc, types are.
Basically the hard dem contingent has loudly announced "we're going to rape gun owners, without lube" and a large portion of gun owners have said "O RLY? "
and have registered that as a threat against them collectively.

The happy fun thing here is you can tell this isn't a Shitberg/MDA operation, regardless of what he says about it, you know people like Shitberg are actually watching
this and cringing, because going full retard exposes these people badly and potentially could set back their stupid "cause" for decades. When people start fighting
back, and they see others WINNING, even if its only one battle of many, it ignites a base of people they didn't want to see.... and in the case of the antis, because their base is FAKE, they have virtually nothing to fall back on. There are only so many welfare layabouts/single moms they can afford to pay money to show up at protests, etc....

-Mike

Bloomberg is openly bragging about his role in defeating pro gun candidates in Virginia in his TV ads.
Talk about throwing gas on the fire.
There is no love for anything New York down there much less a megalomaniac NY d-bag messing around with their way of life.

There are enough counties that have declared 2nd amendment sanctuary that the Governor and his other gun grabbing buddies have to ratchet up the comments in an effort to bleed off some of the momentum.

I think the pro second amendment crowd should collectively pledge not to pay their taxes. That will really ratchet up the situation. Governments don't make money...they take it. And when they use it all up, they take more.

Hitting them in the pocket book (at least threatening to) will likely accelerate what already needs to happen.

This is the 21st century, Don't pay your taxes they with hold your registration, don't allow you to renew license, withhold income tax, put lean on property and possibly attach pay or hold your bank account. This is not 1776, the government holds all the cards, we may go down in a blaze of glory but in the end they will win. Watch most of the town meetings, nothing but old white guys that are 50 or older with a sprinkling of younger folks. The young only care about who's playing football this weekend and video games and their new iPhone. America or our rights mean nothing to them until they lose them and then it will be too late. We are living in modern Rome and history is just repeating itself.

This is the 21st century, Don't pay your taxes they with hold your registration, don't allow you to renew license, withhold income tax, put lean on property and possibly attach pay or hold your bank account. This is not 1776, the government holds all the cards, we may go down in a blaze of glory but in the end they will win. Watch most of the town meetings, nothing but old white guys that are 50 or older with a sprinkling of younger folks. The young only care about who's playing football this weekend and video games and their new iPhone. America or our rights mean nothing to them until they lose them and then it will be too late. We are living in modern Rome and history is just repeating itself.

I agree with every word and I hate it. Some of us young'uns are following but we're the minority. And so the cycle repeats:

DtrAeeVUUAArp4U.jpg

Always amused that he really means the median stupid person, but that wouldn't be as funny.

So, does HE fall into that category then?

You're victim blaming.

What we're seeing in VA is demographics and economics at play. Someone could've lived in any other part of VA except NOVA for decades, voted steadfastly conservative, but still be in this predicament. This is one part of the state dictating to the rest.

People only vote for their own state politicians. Not the politicians for every other district in the state.

Hmm, possibly. What is "NOVA"? If they have/had strong enough candidates, could they not make proper voting districts?

Bloomberg is openly bragging about his role in defeating pro gun candidates in Virginia in his TV ads.
Talk about throwing gas on the fire. There is no love for anything New York down there much less a megalomaniac NY d-bag messing around with their way of life.
Pure carpetbagger.

These would all point in the same direction, call in "the authorities" to make them do what is desired. So, if they are doing the first one, they may as well do them all. "In for a penny, in for a pound!"

It's not as simple as "they didn't vote." This is the direct result of former Atty Gen Eric Holder's new gerrymandering effort. They specifically redrew district lines to create this blue state. They invalidated the third box and Virginians are responding with the fourth box.

Mrs. scatter and I attended a sanctuary hearing for our county (Floyd) this week. It was an evening extension of a regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors meeting. Attendance overflowed the high school auditorium. Of those who spoke, I would say 95% were pro-gun, many of them vehemently so.

When a vote was finally called but before it was held, one of the supervisors (apparently a statist Fudd since she claimed to own "a gun") decided to lecture us all on the need to be obedient to laws passed by our elected officials, and basically told us that the makeup of the incoming legislature was was our fault for not voting. Then she really stepped in it by calling for a show of hands of people who voted in November, obviously expecting to see a sparse showing and proving her point. I couldn't see anyone who didn't raise their hand. Thankfully she shut up fairly soon after that, the vote was taken and it was unanimous for sanctuary, including the statist Fudd. There was a standing ovation.

Passion and diligence in voting are not the problem down here. The problem is NOVA, Richmond, Lynchburg, VA beach area, and to a lesser extent, the college areas (Charlottesville, Blacksburg, Christiansburg).

Yes we will have democrat majorities in both houses and a demo governor. But I will be very surprised if the vote on these proposed bills goes right down party lines. There have got to be lots of demo reps who know that their vote will likely determine the length of their political career. I hope I am not deluding myself.

The happy fun thing here is you can tell this isn't a Shitberg/MDA operation, regardless of what he says about it...
Yeah, I think it has the stench of Billionaire BloomingTurd all over it. The people don't want this insanity. Unfortunately, Billionaire BloomingTurd bought the state legislature for the Dims with his money after Holder made it possible for him to do so. But if I read right, only 30% voter turnout means a lot of folks just didn't care enough to vote. I would hope to see that change bigtime in the next election cycle.

Yeah, I think it has the stench of Billionaire BloomingTurd all over it. The people don't want this insanity. Unfortunately, Billionaire BloomingTurd bought the state legislature for the Dims with his money after Holder made it possible for him to do so. But if I read right, only 30% voter turnout means a lot of folks just didn't care enough to vote. I would hope to see that change bigtime in the next election cycle.

If true, then he made an idiot mistake, probably got too ambitious.... not sure how he could think this was going to go well. Most of shitbergs moves have been pretty calculated and incremental, but this... this is going full retard, all chips in, etc. In the long game, good for us regardless, this bullshit needs to be stomped now rather than later.

-Mike

Even if this pessimism is true, RIGHT NOW, there are still enough gun owners in this country to make a difference. nationally we outnumber these f***s like 20 to 1, most of them
aren't die hards either just clingons on the agenda. The clingons will not show unless they're getting paid to do so. If even 10 out of the 100 million gun owners (or whatever it is now) actually show up where it counts they can still be curb stomped. Antis peacocking only goes so far until their cover is blown...

-Mike

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. - Acts 5:29

You could also read that as we ought to fear God rather than men.

Back
Top Bottom