• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Control Advocate Arrested... for having a gun in a school.

Garys

NES Member
Associates defend man who had gun in school

Dwayne Ferguson spent more than a decade advocating for nonviolence and peace in the streets of Buffalo.

He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city’s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.

No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.

Ferguson, 52, told WGRZ-TV that he frequently carries the gun, for which he has a permit, and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school as part of the mentoring program.

Those who have worked with him also said they believe it was an honest mistake.

“I’m sure Dwayne went into the school not thinking he had the gun on him,” said Rev. James E. Giles, a friend of Ferguson and president of Back to Basics Outreach Ministries. “We know this for a fact, that he called out to a Buffalo police lieutenant asking why the school was in lockdown, and that they were looking for a man with a gun.

Be sure to read the comments, not a lot of sympathy for the guy.

Umm, I guess concealed didn't mean concealed to Mr. Ferguson.

The story reads as if someone who didn't like him and knew he carried dropped a dime to the cops. It's so incredibly ironic that this guy was arrested for carrying a gun in a school.

Oh that's precious.

I love how his friends are now in a position of supporting him and need to say that he would have been in a position to help police if there was someone attempting to do harm in the school.

I have no doubt that he had no malicious actions in carrying the firearm. To be charged for that is ridiculous. However considering this is exactly something he pushed himself apparently, then he falls into the category of very few people who should absolutely be charged to the maximum extent. Since actually being charged with malicious intentions (pushing unconstitutional laws that take freedoms away from people, an actual crime), then sure, charge him with this BS he supports. I'll have no ill feelings if this ruins his life.

Serve the shit out of him. More of these *******s need to be bit by the poison they create. These are the same *******s who push for obamacare and are then pissed off and scratching their heads wondering why they had their insurance cancelled or it's going to cost them a boatload more. These are exactly the people that these things need to punish. Once *******s like him are punished maybe they will start waking the **** up.

It sucks that he has been "the enemy" but I hope it all goes away and something positive comes from this for all of us

It sucks that he has been "the enemy" but I hope it all goes away and something positive comes from this for all of us

If it goes away it will be because of political influence. It won't lead to efforts to change the SAFE law or any other gun grabber initiative.

Reap what you sow.
You made your bed, now lie in it.
Too damn bad, dbag.

“I will say he had no ill intent to harm these students,” Brinkworth added.

Neither do the rest of us.

Serve the shit out of him. More of these *******s need to be bit by the poison they create. These are the same *******s who push for obamacare and are then pissed off and scratching their heads wondering why they had their insurance cancelled or it's going to cost them a boatload more. These are exactly the people that these things need to punish. Once *******s like him are punished maybe they will start waking the **** up.

Yes. The law is horsecrap. But this guy pushed for it, and since it exists, I hope he IS punished by it. I hope he wakes up and realizes the foolishness and the irony of it all. He is NOT the only law-abiding person who carries a firearm, and his friends are trying to make it sound like he should be forgiven b/c he's such a standup guy.

Reap what you sow.
You made your bed, now lie in it.
Too damn bad, dbag.

Neither do the rest of us.

Yes. The law is horsecrap. But this guy pushed for it, and since it exists, I hope he IS punished by it. I hope he wakes up and realizes the foolishness and the irony of it all. He is NOT the only law-abiding person who carries a firearm, and his friends are trying to make it sound like he should be forgiven b/c he's such a standup guy.

I think it should be a felony to be anti-gun. I personally consider it treason.

This is absolutely hilarious. He was up on his soap box advocating for a law that he will go to jail for. I wonder if he reaches out to the NRA or Ny 2a groups to help him fund his defense. Will they throw their support behind him because of the good press it will generate? I have no sympathy for the guy though. He was a vocal proponent of the law. Serves him right. The only thing better would be if the Watts of "Moms demand mayors give illegal Action" got caught with a gun

He will get a slap on the wrist at most... he's on the right side of the politics for NY.

My crossbreed works awesome - I've 'forgotten' I've had it several times. Not that I forgot, just couldn't feel it, no pokes, or jabs. It helps when you lose ~40 lbs from the time you bought it too.

put him in prison and i'll foster his children. i'll teach them about tyranny and freedom.

Not even a speck of sympathy of this idiot.
If it was anyone else besides him, he'd want to see their balls nailed to the wall.
I hope the other gun owners there don't let up on this for a second.
Make sure he's not going to slide.
We'd do the same if it was Rosenthal that got jacked up (I hope ).

Back
Top Bottom