Gun Control Advocate Arrested... for having a gun in a school.

This is absolutely hilarious. He was up on his soap box advocating for a law that he will go to jail for. I wonder if he reaches out to the NRA or Ny 2a groups to help him fund his defense. Will they throw their support behind him because of the good press it will generate? I have no sympathy for the guy though. He was a vocal proponent of the law. Serves him right. The only thing better would be if the Watts of "Moms demand mayors give illegal Action" got caught with a gun
i doubt this is a case that would get them anywhere, so he is probably on his own.

The bright side is, if he went into the school and killed 20 kids and six teachers, in addition to the murders, they could charge him with carrying a gun on school property.

Other than that, he should be given a medal for having a gun in school and not killing anybody.

I know. I'm in a mood.

My how easy it is to promote "Peace and non-violence" when your the one holding the gun...

He's one of the 'good guys'..nothing will happen.

That's the argument the proponents of the law are using. He's one of them so he couldn't possibly have intended to do anything illegal with his concealed gun.

The law - and others of their ilk - are aimed squarely at us, law-abiding gun owners. We're not "one of them" so they would never in a million years defend us if we mistakenly carried on school property. They'd portray us as child-killing right-wing gun nuts and say we should be locked away with the key thrown out.

These laws aren't passed to protect children, they're passed in order to demonize gun owners.

nothing will come of it. He's well known and liked. If he wasn't well known, well.................

I think he's going to have a hard road ahead of him. Their ally or not, the anti gun forces have a lot riding on the SAFE act. The state has already had to retreat on some parts and this will make their battle harder. I think they'll sacrifice him for the greater good. I wonder what his criminal record, if any, looks like?

One thing that is confusing to me is that they are implying that prior to the Safe Act you could carry in a school. Isn't that already covered by federal law in all 50 states? If so, why would they have needed an additional provision in the Safe Act?

One thing that is confusing to me is that they are implying that prior to the Safe Act you could carry in a school. Isn't that already covered by federal law in all 50 states? If so, why would they have needed an additional provision in the Safe Act?
If I'm not mistaken Utah is the exception here. I remember reading somewhere that if you can lawfully carry, you can carry in schools. I'm not sure but that could apply only to college campuses.

SAFE act makes it a felony.

It still makes one a PP regardless of the fact that it is only a misdemeanor:

(4) Whoever violates section 922 (q) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the term of imprisonment imposed under this paragraph shall not run concurrently with any other term of imprisonment imposed under any other provision of law. Except for the authorization of a term of imprisonment of not more than 5 years made in this paragraph, for the purpose of any other law a violation of section 922 (q) shall be deemed to be a misdemeanor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990#Penalty

Sort of. GFSZ often isn't consistently prosecuted. So if you were an anti gun douchebag state wanting to make it a felony, you'd need a redundant state law in place so you could prosecute the offender at the state level.

-Mike

And yet the poor gal from PA. will be looking at having the book thrown at her.
F that guy and F that judge.
Bottom feeders looking out for each other.

And yet the poor gal from PA. will be looking at having the book thrown at her.
F that guy and F that judge.
Bottom feeders looking out for each other.

Actually, F that stupid law and F the stupid law in PA and F the prosecutor in PA, but good on the judge for treating the moonbat the way we should be treated when faced with prosecution on stupid laws by stupid prosecutors.

Actually, F that stupid law and F the stupid law in PA and F the prosecutor in PA, but good on the judge for treating the moonbat the way we should be treated when faced with prosecution on stupid laws by stupid prosecutors.

Actually it's NJ looking to lock up the single mom from PA.
And the only reason that jack hole got off easy is because he's politicly connected to the gun grabbing screaming libs there. He was one of their poster kids for the SAFE act.
Anyone else would be looking at the max sentence, So still F that judge.

Back
Top Bottom