Gun control bill from Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee would create national firearm registry, require licensing

Reptile

NES Member

The bill would make it a crime to possess a firearm or ammunition without the new license​

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has proposed a gun control bill that would create a national firearm registry, set a minimum gun ownership age at 21 and both require licensing and psychological evaluations.

The proposed Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act would make it a crime to possess a firearm or ammunition without the new license or sell one to someone who doesn’t have the license.

The bill is named for an exchange student from Pakistan who died in a Texas school shooting in 2018.

It also requires gun owners to pay for insurance and bans ammunition of .50 caliber or greater, except for law enforcement and a limited range of security personnel.

The bill would give the U.S. attorney general jurisdiction over licensing through the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

Gun owners would also have to complete a government training course, have a clean record and register their firearms with the federal government. Registry information would be available to law enforcement from the local to the federal level as well as the U.S. military.

The display of an antique firearm in one’s home would require a federal firearms license and an additional license under the proposed law.

There would also be a license for "military-style weapons," which the bill defines as a broad range of semiautomatic rifles and handguns as well as some shotguns.

Anyone who has ever been hospitalized due to mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse, homicidal or suicidal thoughts or a brain disease would not be eligible to obtain a firearms license.

The psychological evaluation process would also take into account the psychological condition of other members of the licensee’s household, current and former spouses, relatives and associates.

The full text of the bill is available here.

A spokesperson for the congresswoman’s office did not immediately respond to a Fox News request for comment.

Biden is putting this on the fast track!

Sh*t or get off the pot, ******.

I hope this passes so Sanctuaries can be established.

Pretty soon lots of gun owners are going to wish that Wayne had some decent suits.

I predict choppy waters ahead out on the high seas.

Sorry for the Dupe...

I did a search for:

"Sheila Jackson Lee"

Then I forgot I even posted in the other thread!

Last edited:

The bill would make it a crime to possess a firearm or ammunition without the new license​

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has proposed a gun control bill that would create a national firearm registry, set a minimum gun ownership age at 21 and both require licensing and psychological evaluations.

The proposed Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act would make it a crime to possess a firearm or ammunition without the new license or sell one to someone who doesn’t have the license.

The bill is named for an exchange student from Pakistan who died in a Texas school shooting in 2018.

It also requires gun owners to pay for insurance and bans ammunition of .50 caliber or greater, except for law enforcement and a limited range of security personnel.

The bill would give the U.S. attorney general jurisdiction over licensing through the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

Gun owners would also have to complete a government training course, have a clean record and register their firearms with the federal government. Registry information would be available to law enforcement from the local to the federal level as well as the U.S. military.

The display of an antique firearm in one’s home would require a federal firearms license and an additional license under the proposed law.

There would also be a license for "military-style weapons," which the bill defines as a broad range of semiautomatic rifles and handguns as well as some shotguns.

Anyone who has ever been hospitalized due to mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse, homicidal or suicidal thoughts or a brain disease would not be eligible to obtain a firearms license.

The psychological evaluation process would also take into account the psychological condition of other members of the licensee’s household, current and former spouses, relatives and associates.

A spokesperson for the congresswoman’s office did not immediately respond to a Fox News request for comment.

Pretty soon lots of gun owners are going to wish that Wayne had some decent suits.

Sorry for the Dupe...

I did a search for:

"Sheila Jackson Lee"

Common sense gun control, is it?

lol, what army is going to enforce that bullcrap?

Oh...

I like at the beginning the reporter said "force them from the city without using force" and the first image is the national guard guy rolling up on a front door with is rifle drawn.

Sorry for the Dupe...

I did a search for:

"Sheila Jackson Lee"

Doesn't specify whether this federal license is "shall issue" or "may issue". Also doesn't specify whether this federal license supercedes state level licensing or whether states are still allowed their own licensing. This seems big on hype and short on detail.

Doesn't specify whether this federal license is "shall issue" or "may issue". Also doesn't specify whether this federal license supercedes state level licensing or whether states are still allowed their own licensing. This seems big on hype and short on detail.
but still none of it is good. Best case it is still bad.

lol, what army is going to enforce that bullcrap?

Oh...

They still talk about that today. If there is one thing I can almost promise, no cop will do that again down there. They know what would happen.

edit: Just did some quick reading on it. That was New Orleans proper that did that. The other areas didn't. Why anyone would live in that shithole is beyond me. Katrina didn't finish the job.

Back
Top Bottom