Gun Control Resources

I got a call this morning from my younger brother whose still in college, asking for some help on his term paper. Being the timley person he is, he informs me its due at 1630 today, and he has no idea where to start - and knowing that Im a big 2/a guy, he knew Id be at least interested in the subject!

- Gun Contol - thats it, no more specific.

Im looking for some links to well written, reputable articles regarding gun control so I can crank this paper out quick for him.

TIA,

Coop

I wouldn't help him. He needs to learn.

that being said have him do a pro vs anti paper using the brady bunch and NRA info or something.

I want to make sure I understand what your saying because this sounds like another "write my term paper for me request." Here's why:

1. You're asking for source material and you don't even have a topic yet. "The Second Amendment" is not a topic. Why the collective v. individual right to bear arms is the linchpin of the modern 2A debate would be a great comparison paper. Why the Second Amendment is in danger of repeal under an Obama administration is a fine, albeit "scholastically heretical" paper. Just writing about "the Second Amendment" is like doing a term paper on "cars."

2. Because you haven't got a topic, any research we conduct on your behalf, even the 2 minutes someone takes to answer this request, will be wasted since it's unlikely to be applicable if no topic has been identified.

3. The tremendous wealth of information available on this site and the greater web makes it tough to believe that anyone but the most lazy among us (read least deserving) would have difficulty finding source material.

Now, because I've taken the time to castigate you and say the things I couldn't when I taught finance to bored freshman, (and it felt good) I'm going to throw you a few bones. Don't mistake my snarky attitude for poor service. One hour with these resources will give you all you need. Oh, sorry, you're friend all he needs. Now, follow these instructions.

1. Choose a topic
2. Search this site for 2A discussions. Most threads will include source material links.
3. Search Google for said topic
4. Check out these well know and well respected 2A writers. All of them source their work accurately and completely.
5. Learn from them.

Vin Suprynowicz
Mike Vanderboegh
David Codrea

Also check out these Libertarian sites
Reason
Lew Rockwell

And here's a few more quality blogs...
The Agitator
Bill St. Claire's site

Finally, pull yourself together and start practicing for adulthood where you'll have to do your own work. For christ's sake kid, you're gonna have to run the world some day and my generation, 15 years or so in front of yours, is terrified at the prospect.

Last edited:
I want to make sure I understand what your saying because this sounds like another "write my term paper for me request." Here's why:

1. You're asking for source material and you don't even have a topic yet. "The Second Amendment" is not a topic. Why the collective v. individual right to bear arms is the linchpin of the modern 2A debate would be a great comparison paper. Why the Second Amendment is in danger of repeal under an Obama administration is a fine, albeit "scholastically heretical" paper. Just writing about "the Second Amendment" is like doing a term paper on "cars."

Yes, your right, it is a write a term paper request - however not from me to you, or anyone on this forum. More exactly its not even my term paper. I agree, he needs to learn - however he's in a bind and since Im not going to pick up his tuition if he loses finacial aid because of grades nor am I going to watch my brother put himself into such a situation, Im going to help.

As for the topic, from the professors written assignment sheet - his topic is "gun control". I will narrow down the subject for the purpose of the paper, but the scope of the paper has to be "gun control".

Last but not least, my sincerest thanks for the information.

-Coop

Back
Top Bottom