Gun Digest

HARRYM

NES Member

Anyone familiar with gun digest and their website? Are their values kept current? I may use the 3 day access plan but I know nothing about them. You can buy books but a lot can change after the book goes to print.

Thanks!

Harry

go to gunbroker and search for sold items - login into your account, in the search screen - the right pane.
nothing else is true.

and it`s free.
Thanks. A bit tricky as there aren't many sold that are in the like new condition of the 99's I'm seriously thinking of sending along to a new owner. All pre 1960.

I enter "sold items" in the search bar? I don't see a drop down for sold items?
sign in into your account first.
next to 'search' in top bar there is 'advanced' - click it. it opens this page with a second tab saying 'completed items':

1701274715823.png

So I went through Gunbroker Sold Auctions.

And for 5 bucks I purchased the 3 day plan from Gun Digest.

Spent a great deal of time reviewing all of it.

Sale prices on GB for good condition or better 99 Savages ended up a few hundred higher than the prices given on Gun Digest.

I can sell private to another MA resident and I would then need to record the sale using the online EFA10 form. The form requires both the seller and buyers FID/LIC information.

I can't sell to an out of state buyer unless I use an FFL.

I can sell here.

Or use an On-Line seller but would need to use an FFL to send to the buyer (or another FFL if required) Cali and NY transfers can be problematic.

All rifles, oldest 1940 newest 1959.

Not interest in consignment through a gun store.

Am I missing anything or is my understanding correct?

Thanks

So I went through Gunbroker Sold Auctions.

And for 5 bucks I purchased the 3 day plan from Gun Digest.

Spent a great deal of time reviewing all of it.

Sale prices on GB for good condition or better 99 Savages ended up a few hundred higher than the prices given on Gun Digest.

I can sell private to another MA resident and I would then need to record the sale using the online EFA10 form. The form requires both the seller and buyers FID/LIC information.

I can't sell to an out of state buyer unless I use an FFL.

I can sell here.

Or use an On-Line seller but would need to use an FFL to send to the buyer (or another FFL if required) Cali and NY transfers can be problematic.

All rifles, oldest 1940 newest 1959.

Not interest in consignment through a gun store.

Am I missing anything or is my understanding correct?

Thanks
Harry,

Most if not all of the stuff you have is also C&R relevant as well. Should you get a C&R (not sure if you have one) I think you can then ship right to a C&R FFL directly. Because it would then be an FFL to FFL transfer for out of state.

In state not much difference as FA-10 has to be done because state law, even by C&R FFL.

I do think this to be correct. Someone correct me if that is not the case.

I have a C&R FFL, I just don't really use it that much.

Not
Harry,

Most if not all of the stuff you have is also C&R relevant as well. Should you get a C&R (not sure if you have one) I think you can then ship right to a C&R FFL directly. Because it would then be an FFL to FFL transfer for out of state.

In state not much difference as FA-10 has to be done because state law, even by C&R FFL.

Nothing older than 1959.

Most if not all of the stuff you have is also C&R relevant as well
i realy really wonder what will legislature do when the current definition of 'Any firearm more than 50 years old' will slide in time to open up, well, almost everything nice and well machined that still exists and works so well - all those CZs, berettas, colts, uzis etc.
a 1973 is a cut off now. a lot of stuff made after mid 70s and in 80s does not really age that much at all.

Harry,

Don't have a C&R. Might not be a bad idea though. I think its 30 bucks a year but I have been told I need to take some sort of "class" to apply for it but I really don't know.

Don't have a C&R. Might not be a bad idea though. I think its 30 bucks a year but I have been told I need to take some sort of "class" to apply for it but I really don't know.
$30/3 years. pretty sure there's no special class... (still haven't done it myself)

$30/3 years. pretty sure there's no special class... (still haven't done it myself)
Thank you for that.

it is a government form so you do have to do some research on how to fill it out specifically for a C&R (FFL 03). Some of the sections are left blank since it’s the same form for all FFL types.

You’re probably thinking of the FFL class run by a mod here, but that’s for the other types. It would be overkill (IMHO) for an 03.

but they will come to inspect your house, right? does it include inventory of all safes?

but they will come to inspect your house, right? does it include inventory of all safes?
No. I believe last year or very recently, they inspected less than 10 C&R FFL’s. And that was due to multiple trace hits. Or significant activity indicating the person might need an 01

There is no required inspection by anyone for an 03 state or federal.

they inspected less than 10 C&R FFL’s
i do not get it - if it is a mandatory inspection, why 10? or 10%?
if it is not mandatory and no inspection needed - what are the grounds for those C&R inspections they did?

if anyone could give a definitive answer it would be helpful, as the last thing anyone wants is a 'surprise' visit to inspect your ass.

i do not get it - if it is a mandatory inspection, why 10? or 10%?
if it is not mandatory and no inspection needed - what are the grounds for those C&R inspections they did?
It’s not mandatory.

My original post indicated why they were inspected. Either multiple trace hits (guns that passed through them were traced) OR excessive activity indicating that the 03 was not the correct licensure type.

Not sure where you heard this. I've had my C&R for like 10 years.

You keep a bound book like any other FFL of what you buy via C&R.

If they audit you, it can be done at their office if you choose.

Its really not a license to have if you want to be a super active buyer/seller IMHO......its more for just collecting older guns. That is the intent....if your intent is to buy/sell/profit....then its the wrong FFL license really.

Someone here was talking about ffl process to include inspection. No clue. Good if false.

Its really not a license to have if you want to be a super active buyer/seller IMHO......its more for just collecting older guns. That is the intent....if your intent is to buy/sell/profit....then its the wrong FFL license really.
Or establishing yourself as a bona-fide collector to qualify for a MG license in MA.

Back
Top Bottom