Gun friendly towns northshore

Hello, I have read the sticky already published with regards to the rating gun friendly towns (Great work) It is very usefull however the towns I am intersted on the northshore are not rated.

If I am to leave S. Boston I would like to have my renewal a little easier next time around.

Rowley
Ipswich
Newbury
Newburyport
Topsfield
Byfield

Any comments would be appreciated !

In advance thank You !

Rowley - N/a
Ipswich - Green :)
Newbury - N/a
Newburyport - N/a
Topsfield - N/a
Byfield - N/a

will update if I can find more information

As far as I know (but don't change the colors as yet):

Rowley is green.
Newbury is green
Newburyport - some have gotten ALP A's - others have gotten restricted A's and I don't know what the motivating factor was.
Georgetown (in the same area) is also green.
I don't know specifically about Topsfield or Byfield, however, Byfield is right next door to Georgetown, so it's possible they're green as well.

I've had students from the above towns and I know what they've gotten.

Thank you

Thank you, very much folks!

I am always afraid I will not score a 210 out of 300 next year for my qualifying test, using a revolver that doubles as a farm tool.

It was about 10 degrees that day on the (Moon Island) outdoor range.

Thank you, very much folks!

I am always afraid I will not score a 210 out of 300 next year for my qualifying test, using a revolver that doubles as a farm tool.

It was about 10 degrees that day on the (Moon Island) outdoor range.

Haverhill's good too gunho - definately green, and probably most likely cheaper than the other towns.

I think Peabody is green, I haven't had a problem and spoke to the armorer at the PD the other day, they don't require any qualification (class, range time, testing) for renewal. I thought I had to take the firearm saftey class and qualify again...wrong. I guess we'll see in a couple of monthe when I submit for renewal.

Peabody requires a safety course on initial application and for every other renewal for LTC. Also required on application and every renewal is a letter to the Chief of Police detailing why you want an LTC. I renewed my LTC in Peabody a year ago with no problems. Just be sure that "your papers are in order" before you go. HTH
Charlie

As far as I know (but don't change the colors as yet):

Rowley is green.
Newbury is green
Newburyport - some have gotten ALP A's - others have gotten restricted A's and I don't know what the motivating factor was.
Georgetown (in the same area) is also green.
I don't know specifically about Topsfield or Byfield, however, Byfield is right next door to Georgetown, so it's possible they're green as well.

I've had students from the above towns and I know what they've gotten.

Byfield is a part of Newbury and therefore Green.
Boxford is probably Green, but I'm not positive.
Amesbury is probably like Newburyport, Green with a few exceptions.
Salisbury is probably Green since Bob’s Tactical Shooting is in business there.
Merrimac is probably green also, but I have no first hand knowledge.

Peabody, in my experiance is definitely not Green. I applied for a Class A ALP at the start of the year and had my interview on January 4th. I supplied a polite, clear, and to the point letter to the cheif indicating my personal character, experiance, and reasons why this license was appropriate. I was told in no uncertain terms that the department would not issue me anything other than an FID card, and the only reason they gave me was "becasue you ARE only 21 years old".

I attempted to negotiate with the Detective and asked if I came back with a gun club membership, would he at least approve me for a Class B and of course his answer was no.

To make a long story short, I ended up just taking the FID card, not wanting a denial on my record. I was told that if I joined a gun club and had no "incidents" for a year they might consider approving me for a class B, of course I would have to pay the $105 fee again and there's no guarantees. There's a new Detective doing the licensing now though, we'll see what kind of games he decides to play in a year.

Oh yeah, and I still havn't seen my FID card yet, some 3 months later. I was told specifically it would take 6 weeks. I called the department two weeks ago and was told they had about 50 licenses sitting there to be mailed out and to look for it that week. Still havn't seen it.

Peabody, in my experiance is definitely not Green. I applied for a Class A ALP at the start of the year and had my interview on January 4th. I supplied a polite, clear, and to the point letter to the cheif indicating my personal character, experiance, and reasons why this license was appropriate. I was told in no uncertain terms that the department would not issue me anything other than an FID card, and the only reason they gave me was "becasue you ARE only 21 years old".

I attempted to negotiate with the Detective and asked if I came back with a gun club membership, would he at least approve me for a Class B and of course his answer was no.

To make a long story short, I ended up just taking the FID card, not wanting a denial on my record. I was told that if I joined a gun club and had no "incidents" for a year they might consider approving me for a class B, of course I would have to pay the $105 fee again and there's no guarantees. There's a new Detective doing the licensing now though, we'll see what kind of games he decides to play in a year.

Oh yeah, and I still havn't seen my FID card yet, some 3 months later. I was told specifically it would take 6 weeks. I called the department two weeks ago and was told they had about 50 licenses sitting there to be mailed out and to look for it that week. Still havn't seen it.

Wow, that's surprising. I know a guy who got his class A in Peabody with no problems outside of the normal delays. And let's just say this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I used to live in Salem MA and they DO NOT issue Class As unless you own a business or need one for your job, i.e. security guard.

Here's how my conversation went with the Salem LT in charge of licensing:

LT: So what are you applying for?

Weebs: My Class A.

LT: You own a business?

Weebs: Nope.

LT: You carry a lot of cash for your job?

Weebs: Nope.

LT: So why do you want to carry concealed?

Weebs: Why wouldn't I?

LT: Well, unless you own a business, there's no way the Chief's gonna approve a Class A.

Weebs: Go ahead and put Class A on the application and let's see what he says.

LT: OK, I'll just go ahead and check off Class B here on the app.

Anyway, I got my Class B.

Back
Top Bottom