Gun in glovebox

kalash

NES Member
Scenario: I am a passenger under the influence (therefore not carrying). Driver is sober. Can I keep my loaded handgun in the glovebox in front of me? Does it have to be locked?

I sure wouldn't.

The glove box doesn't count as a locked container (while the vehicle is in motion at least) for any other purpose, so it doesn't for this one.

I sure wouldn't.

The glove box doesn't count as a locked container (while the vehicle is in motion at least) for any other purpose, so it doesn't for this one.

Vermont, not MA.

I am curious to know if VT even has a CUI statute, I know NH doesn't.

-Mike

I sure wouldn't.

Pretty sure VT law doesn't discuss locked containers.

Which state? ( Assuming VT) Is the sober driver licensed? (If not VT) Does the glove box lock?
VT. No license needed.

Vermont, not MA.

-Mike
NH doesn't? Good to know.

In the absence of any law to address your scenario, I'm going to go with absolutely legal. Vermont really is unique in that there are very few laws about guns. Most regulations regarding firearms have to do with hunting.

I'm still completely flabbergasted in a locked glove compartment isn't considered a locked container

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So I just put a locking safe in the center console of my new truck. Does that make it legal or would it still have to be unloaded and ammo locked in a separate box?

So I just put a locking safe in the center console of my new truck. Does that make it legal or would it still have to be unloaded and ammo locked in a separate box?

Pretty sure in Mass ammo only needs to be in a locked box for storage, not for transportation.

I'm still completely flabbergasted in a locked glove compartment isn't considered a locked container

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That's MA for ya..........

because Mass is corrupt as ****, the judges etc.. are masters of it.

Pretty sure in Mass ammo only needs to be in a locked box for storage, not for transportation.

Guys, seriously... No one asked about Mass. This is all about Vermont.

Opps my bad... I stand corrected did not see thread path.
no worries, when we click "new posts" no one looks at the path, i know i don't. probably why most threads go seriously off topic, everybody talking about something different. [laugh]

I know this is about VT, and im from MA. Is there a legal definition of "glove box" or "console" in either state?

My truck IMO it has a "glove box" and above it it has a locking "console" would either be legal?

If im not drinking my firearm is on my person unless I'm going somewhere i feel (really the state feels) is inappropriate

Vermont, not MA.

-Mike

Vermont has no laws regarding carrying while intoxicated. You can carry in bars while drinking.

The only restriction vermont has with regards to firearms and vehicles is a fish and game regulation prohibiting you from having a loaded long gun in a vehicle.

See above. Handguns can be carried loaded anywhere in a vehicle in VT

NH and VT are full of win. FYI I carried the entire time I was up there. I wasn't hammered but we did go to several breweries for a taste.

Back
Top Bottom