Gun reviews... on a gun forum ...woahh

So have today off and tried hitting our public outdoor range here in Florida. It didn't open til 12 so i ended up at Talon range in Tallahassee FL

Amazing range and gun shop

Open air individual pistol pits up to 100 feet rifles up to 400 yds

Great range

Samsung noise cancelling buds so i could jam out were great

I Wish i brought rifles out today had i known id be here id have brought them

So anyways here's what i shot... none of these are rare but they are not what i usually shoot

I shoot glocks and cz p10s normally

Iwi masada
Arex delta L
P80 build with p80 internals flat trigger and 3.5 wolf connector with psa dagger compact slide
Springfield hellcat with olight
Sig macro x with tlr7
Keltec p17

Starting with the masada

I bought this dec 2021 never was excited about it really and bought on impulse because i hadn't bought a gun since i moved to Florida in april lol

The gun really surprised me.

Dry firing it has an ok trigger the grip doesn't feel like it gives good purchase.

Wrong on both counts allows for good follow up shots my hands were slick because it's 88 here good grip

Really handled smooth in rapid fire transition drills.

Reloads were easy serrations made the slide easy to rack

Easy to shoot while moving. Good trigger reset.
Accuracy was great easy to put shots touching at 10 yards and i haven shot in months put all 17 within 2.5 inches at about a half a second a shot

Over all for a plastic duty gun does everything you need. Some might like night sights ..but with a light on this would make a good night stand gun

Arex Delta L i wanted to like it lol
Grip is around as thin as my macro. It looks cool and it takes cz p10 mags

The front sight was a little small and maybe that wouldn't matter with practice but the other guns sans keltec had big front sights so maybe i didn't handle that transition well.

Trigger was fine shot like a poly wonder 9 nothing remarkable here.

The issues i have are the mag release is stiffer than a liberal talking about hunter biden.

On 3 cz mags it didn't strip the first round and failed to feed... note this wasn't oem mags just cz ones

Other than that accuracy wasn't amazing but that could've been the sight. Gun was controllable during rapid fire. Grip feels really good without over texture like the m+p line

Next up the hellcat

Solid little shooter
Wasnt too snappy except when shooting the new winchester 9mm rounds they entered for the army contract but no rounds were unpleasant to shoot.

The sight is a big yellow dot with a u very easy to pickup. Point shoot was easy

Controllable even with the light on.

My only gripe is a me issue its too small for me to get out of a holster quickly. I have mitts 2x gloves but i have stumpy fingers. So gripping and getting it out was hard.

After that rapid fire was easy to control. No real muzzle flip. Not a bad backup carry or carry for those with trump hands.

Next the p80... now admittedly i didn't not bring my a game building this one so the pin holes are a little jacked and i expected it to blow up in my hand.

I was wrong. If you want a great poly trigger get a p80 flat trigger take out the safety blade and put a 3.5 wolf connecter on. Hot damn that thing rips.

The dagger slide was very good. Big white dots easy to pickup

Extended rapid fire very easy to shoot. I mag dumped 7 mags within a fist sized hole

No issues feeding extracting or anything would recommend psa dagger slides if you're in the market.

Sig macro x -- meh until it wasn't

It shot.. had sig xray sights had the mediocre 365 trigger fed everything

Basically slow firing and 1 shot a second i was like wtf why did i just pay 1000 bones for this setup.

Until i shot fast then i got it. Mag dumps, control pairs, transition drills.. were straight up fun with that comp

Point shoot 17 rounds from a holster at 10 yards all within the 10 ring. Which even with a full size 17 I'm lucky to keep all in the 9 ring

Grip gives good purchase for drawing from a holster as well with big hands

keltec p17

Fun little 22 no sr22 but it makes you feel like you have the handgun from halo 1

Accuraccy was a little odd. The gun was not as forgiving as some others so i really had to focus on what i was doing.

Fiber front sight was good and bright trigger was exceptional

Had a few rounds i had to push the slide closed on and had the threaded barrel on today. I didnt wrench it down so i had to keep tightening it... if your not familiar p17s have a threaded barrel that you can either have a flat nose or a thread adapter on.

keltecs first time out too so 3 ftfs is ok with me. Not the 1000 round p22 break in where every 5 rounds was a jam.

All in all a good day at the range

Idk seemed fine to me
interdasting. product link?

Maybe they have some passive protection, too. Active works by pushing more sound into your ears, which is really bad for long term hearing health. But if they're effectively ear plugs with monitors, that's a different thing altogether. (I used to use my Etymotics on the motorcycle because this is how they work)

So have today off and tried hitting our public outdoor range here in Florida. It didn't open til 12 so i ended up at Talon range in Tallahassee FL

Great range

So anyways here's what i shot... none of these are rare but they are not what i usually shoot

Iwi masada
Arex delta L
P80 build with p80 internals flat trigger and 3.5 wolf connector with psa dagger compact slide
Sig macro x with tlr7
Keltec p17

Starting with the masada

I bought this dec 2021 never was excited about it really and bought on impulse because i hadn't bought a gun since i moved to Florida in april lol

Dry firing it has an ok trigger the grip doesn't feel like it gives good purchase.

Wrong on both counts allows for good follow up shots my hands were slick because it's 88 here good grip

Accuracy was great easy to put shots touching at 10 yards and i haven shot in months put all 17 within 2.5 inches at about a half a second a shot

Over all for a plastic duty gun does everything you need. Some might like night sights ..but with a light on this would make a good night stand gun

The front sight was a little small and maybe that wouldn't matter with practice but the other guns sans keltec had big front sights so maybe i didn't handle that transition well.

The issues i have are the mag release is stiffer than a liberal talking about hunter biden.

On 3 cz mags it didn't strip the first round and failed to feed... note this wasn't oem mags just cz ones

Other than that accuracy wasn't amazing but that could've been the sight. Gun was controllable during rapid fire. Grip feels really good without over texture like the m+p line

Next up the hellcat

Solid little shooter
Wasnt too snappy except when shooting the new winchester 9mm rounds they entered for the army contract but no rounds were unpleasant to shoot.

The sight is a big yellow dot with a u very easy to pickup. Point shoot was easy

My only gripe is a me issue its too small for me to get out of a holster quickly. I have mitts 2x gloves but i have stumpy fingers. So gripping and getting it out was hard.

After that rapid fire was easy to control. No real muzzle flip. Not a bad backup carry or carry for those with trump hands.

Next the p80... now admittedly i didn't not bring my a game building this one so the pin holes are a little jacked and i expected it to blow up in my hand.

I was wrong. If you want a great poly trigger get a p80 flat trigger take out the safety blade and put a 3.5 wolf connecter on. Hot damn that thing rips.

Extended rapid fire very easy to shoot. I mag dumped 7 mags within a fist sized hole

No issues feeding extracting or anything would recommend psa dagger slides if you're in the market.

Basically slow firing and 1 shot a second i was like wtf why did i just pay 1000 bones for this setup.

Until i shot fast then i got it. Mag dumps, control pairs, transition drills.. were straight up fun with that comp

Point shoot 17 rounds from a holster at 10 yards all within the 10 ring. Which even with a full size 17 I'm lucky to keep all in the 9 ring

keltec p17

Fun little 22 no sr22 but it makes you feel like you have the handgun from halo 1

Accuraccy was a little odd. The gun was not as forgiving as some others so i really had to focus on what i was doing.

Had a few rounds i had to push the slide closed on and had the threaded barrel on today. I didnt wrench it down so i had to keep tightening it... if your not familiar p17s have a threaded barrel that you can either have a flat nose or a thread adapter on.

keltecs first time out too so 3 ftfs is ok with me. Not the 1000 round p22 break in where every 5 rounds was a jam.

What is this silly gun talk? At least complain about having to wear a mask or that someone was shooting at the tranny bud light cans 😁

Maybe they have some passive protection, too. Active works by pushing more sound into your ears, which is really bad for long term hearing health. But if they're effectively ear plugs with monitors, that's a different thing altogether. (I used to use my Etymotics on the motorcycle because this is how they work)

Much googling says noise cancelling isnt bad either

I don't know how much different they are than "real" electronic noise cancelling equipment. I have a set and used them on a flight from Boston to Austin, TX back in November. I was watching "1883" and had the noise cancelling feature turned on. I could barely hear the screaming children that seem to sit behind me on every flight. ;)

BTW, Isabel May is a babe, but only a mediocre actress.

It's not that they're bad. It's that they're not protection.

I don't know how much different they are than "real" electronic noise cancelling equipment. I have a set and used them on a flight from Boston to Austin, TX back in November. I was watching "1883" and had the noise cancelling feature turned on. I could barely hear the screaming children that seem to sit behind me on every flight. ;)

BTW, Isabel May is a babe, but only a mediocre actress.
She was acting?

more googling says otherwise
interesting. I'd be curious to see what you're searching to find that. Everything I've found, and reinforced by another quick cycle just now, provides quotes such as :
So, while travelling in an airplane which has a constant level engine noise, these headphones become very effective. However, for impulsive noises like gunshots and firecrackers, active noise cancelling headphones are not at all effective because they do not work instantly.

[edit - I could have been clear that I meant specific to firearms hearing protection]

At the end of the day, this is all a distraction. They're your ears, do what's right for you.

And thank you for your reviews of the firearms you tested.

Last edited:
I don't plan to watch that one until it's free. My wife watched some of "Yellowstone" but lost interest. She said it was "Real Housewives of Montana."
The current one is good, then drama. The 1883 was good. 1923 best one yet, just finished last night, can’t wait till new comes out. I hate Harrison ford but it was good. If your ancestors came over on an ocean liner, if you like H&H firearms, 1917, Tommy guns, steam tugs….I enjoy the history almost as much as the hookers titties. They are prime breasts…..

Great range

Iwi masada
Arex delta L
Sig macro x with tlr7
Keltec p17

Starting with the masada

Next up the hellcat

Solid little shooter

keltec p17

I like that you can use 100 feet rifles up to 400 yards. That must use at least 13 bipods.

Didn't read past that, got too horny at the thought of such a rifle in 6.5cm.

Active pushes out sound waves that neutralize incoming noise. It basically “destroys” the incoming noise. It does provide hearing protection.

However it provides the best protection when dealing with constant ambient noise, like running a lawnmower.

It’s not so great for bursts of noise like shooting. For a fraction of a second ANC hasn’t kicked in yet. Also the ANC may not be powerful enough to fully cancel out something as loud as a gunshot.

It is still much better than nothing though. Some buds have much better ANC than others.

No manufacturer would ever describe it as hearing protection for fear of a lawsuit, but that doesn’t mean it provides zero protection.

Active pushes out sound waves that neutralize incoming noise. It basically “destroys” the incoming noise. It does provide hearing protection.

However it provides the best protection when dealing with constant ambient noise, like running a lawnmower.

It’s not so great for bursts of noise like shooting. For a fraction of a second ANC hasn’t kicked in yet. Also the ANC may not be powerful enough to fully cancel out something as loud as a gunshot.

It is still much better than nothing though. Some buds have much better ANC than others.

No manufacturer would ever describe it as hearing protection for fear of a lawsuit, but that doesn’t mean it provides zero protection.
I'm glad that no one asked for any follow up opinions on guns but the earbuds got like 15 posts lmao

Back
Top Bottom