gun rights rally on the NEWS/ONLINE

I've trolled the Herald, Globe, Telegram. No news. I wonder if anyone who is AT the event can say if they've seen any news people? As this was supposed to be a nationwide event, I'm betting most editors of MSM told the reporters not to give any positive press to law abiding citizens.

I would expect the Herald to give some coverage, but not the Globe or Telegram.

I spoke with Brian Ballou of the Globe; he was standing next to me. There's a few tweets at @GlobeBallou about the rally.

Last edited:
I emailed the editor at the globe I had talked to sounds like they were there.

CBS has picked it up as well.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

A couple hundred my ass. Gotta love the media.

I have more pictures, will post later. Have these for now.

DSC_0216_zps7c1b0dc2.jpg

DSC_0215_zpsa23496a0.jpg

DSC_0214_zpsf52355ad.jpg

DSC_0213_zpsace7ce8b.jpg

even FOX F'ed us.......few hundred....what do you expect FOX didnt even do there own work....associated press did it for them.

Glad there was a good turn out and sorry I could not make itdown there.

Not surprised there is not much coverage of it, does anyoneever see coverage of the “right to life” marches in DC? Even if your view is different from theirs you would think close to 100k marching in protest would be on the news but there never are.

James

GOAL did not sponsor this rally. Jim Wallace was there, but didn't speak and didn't announce his presence. I saw him, but didn't know who he was until someone told me after the rally was over.

By my estimate, there were 3,000 people there. Maybe more because now that I'm looking at pictures the crowd on the Common side was much larger than I could see from my perch on the steps.

Well it looks like it will have to happen again and again until the media is forced to cover it fully and honestly.

When is round 2?

Glad there was a good turn out and sorry I could not make itdown there.

Not surprised there is not much coverage of it, does anyoneever see coverage of the “right to life” marches in DC? Even if your view is different from theirs you would think close to 100k marching in protest would be on the news but there never are.

James

Agreed...I went to the original Tea Party protest in DC, had to have been half a million people....media reported..'thousands'

Yup, the slim burnette. My dad and I had pizza at the Upper Crust after on Charles street. She said to someone on the phone she couldnt believe there were no counter protesters.

hope we get a little more traction with the media over all it was a great time and everyone acted appropriately

I spoke with Brian Ballou of the Globe; he was standing next to me. There's a few tweets at @GlobeBallou about the rally.
It was good to see you again Ross, when he finished with you he talked (recorded) to me.

I don't tweet, or facebook for that matter.

If Brian Ballou writes anything substantive, can you post it and not just link it, so I can read it too.

Why do none of the stories mention magazine restriction? They love to make it sound like we are riled up about nothing

Boston.com has a front-page headline link, but the story is generic AP.

Someone noted the fox (also "AP contributed") story had an anti slant. My guess is that when these things get written, the writer grabs the nearest press release and uses it to fill out the story. We need GOAL or someone with a golden pen to make sure the media has the right "ingredients" to bake into their stories.

Both the Fox and CBS stories are anti.
They make those who marched sound like they are against the 'publicly acceptable parts' of this legislation. Before the next event goes down, you need to get the proper information in front of the News outlets. Don't let them find it for themselves. They won't do the digging. Keep it anti-inflammatory and lowkey, but earnest and true.

Don't expect the anti's to 'get it' about mag limits and off-property storage. They don't 'get it'. Even my best friend who sometimes goes shooting with me doesn't 'get it'. He sees nothing wrong with a 7 shot limit. He did think the fines were a little steep. He also didn't get the concept of the possible confiscation and definite destruction of lawfully owned personal property or the devaluing of a personal collection of pre-ban firearms.

You have to slant this in a way they can understand. You have to point out these things have nothing to do with preventing crime. That needs to be brought to the forefront. The idea is to PREVENT CRIME. If there are LEOs on board, they need to get vocal.

BTW, has anyone noticed one section of this law that could rile the general population? The section at the very end of the proposed legislation that requires the Department of Mental Health (not the DOJ, this is beyond that rule) to report anyone that has been "confined to any hospital or institution for mental illness within 20 years of the effective date or who are so confined at the time of transmission; and (b) Thereafter, the department of mental health shall transmit such information to the department of criminal justice information services on a quarterly basis concerning individuals who have been so confined in the 3-month period preceding the date of each transmission.
This sounds like anyone who seeks treatment that requires even a short voluntary admission will end up in the National database. Wonder how the Liberals will like their names on a Government Watch List?
And I wonder, gee, will it stop people from seeking treatment?

I've been a lurker a long time. I hope we're all not too little too late.

And he's focused on the important stuff:

5h Brian Ballou ‏@GlobeBallou
The crowd is comprised of mostly white middle-age men but there are also families with small children, and gun owners of various ethnicities

And he's focused on the important stuff:

To be fair, this is the entirety of what was said:

"Covering gun rights rally at Massachusetts statehouse. pic.twitter.com/pBaQxcbp"

"About 700 people turned out for the event, part of a nationwide demonstration in other cities. Here, gun owners are particularly upset..."

"...about Gov. Deval Patrick's filing of an act that would limit the capacity of magazines to 7 rounds for certain high-powered firearms"

"The crowd is comprised of mostly white middle-age men but there are also families with small children, and gun owners of various ethnicities"

I think that the majority of the organizers were younger men, but I wouldn't say this was willfully inaccurate or slanderous.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the article. My grandfather supposedly put in a good word when with the editor. How far that "good word" will go at the globe remains to be seen.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom