Gun sales in Massachusetts hits new record

Knob Creek

NES Member
Good going everyone:

'Gun sales in Massachusetts - a state with historically low firearm ownership - have skyrocketed since 2020, due in-part to people wanting to arm themselves out of fear, according to a new report.

Many customers "haven’t fully grasped the idea of wanting to own a firearm for defensive purposes, but something brought them here," Cape Gun Works co-owner Toby Leary told local outlet WBUR. "They feel like they’ve been spurred to do it based on what they see, or their own personal feelings about the world."

Leary said many of his customers during the pandemic and following months told him that they did not like guns, but that fear pushed them to make the purchase, WBUR reported.

The WBUR analysis published Wednesday found gun dealers in the state sold nearly 276,000 firearms from 2020 through 2021, with the majority of sales being handguns, at 64%, while 23% of the sales were for rifles.'

Gun sales in deep blue Massachusetts hit record levels beginning in 2020, sparked by fear: Report

It's funny to think sheeple will believe this when they are basically saying it's OK to buy a gun and not know why. Just Do It!

That's a win in my book of unintentional moves by media idiocy...

Also good to know own the lunch lady is packing heat beyond mystery meat

Record number or Gun Sales, Record number of License applications.

And now MA has cut the renewal time in half and everybody has to be interviewed.

I am sure the local Police Chiefs are thrilled. It was always a game trying to decide when to get that renewal going, now that game is going to extra innings.

And now MA has cut the renewal time in half and everybody has to be interviewed.

I am sure the local Police Chiefs are thrilled. It was always a game trying to decide when to get that renewal going, now that game is going to extra innings.
Wait! What?

It's funny to think sheeple will believe this when they are basically saying it's OK to buy a gun and not know why. Just Do It!
That's not what they're saying.

The author is trying to imply these [stupid, misguided] people don't understand what they're getting into; that they're making this mistake because we [the enlightened journalist class] haven't made it sufficiently clear that buying guns is Bad™, so here's another attempt at it. Meanwhile, you [poor reader] should know that your ignorant neighbors might suddenly have Weapons of Mass Destruction in their home - weapons they don't know how to use and that might be pointed at your children right now.

According to GOAL that text was not in the bill, below is copied from an email they sent.

"The bill also included provisions that would have cut the length a License to Carry is active from 6 years to 3 years, effectively doubling the cost of a license, and would require a license applicant, whether for a new license or renewal, to sit for an interview with the licensing authority. Thankfully the final version of the bill does not contain those two provisions."

Here you go....... Just the thought is scary.

Read it again.

Note that on the page you linked, the words "does not" are both bold and underlined. I.e., "Thankfully the final version of the bill does not contain those two provisions."

Nobody cares what you find scary. We can talk about could have and would have until we're blue in the face, but "the final version of the bill does not contain those two provisions."

Good going everyone:

'Gun sales in Massachusetts - a state with historically low firearm ownership - have skyrocketed since 2020, due in-part to people wanting to arm themselves out of fear, according to a new report.

Many customers "haven’t fully grasped the idea of wanting to own a firearm for defensive purposes, but something brought them here," Cape Gun Works co-owner Toby Leary told local outlet WBUR. "They feel like they’ve been spurred to do it based on what they see, or their own personal feelings about the world."

Leary said many of his customers during the pandemic and following months told him that they did not like guns, but that fear pushed them to make the purchase, WBUR reported.

The WBUR analysis published Wednesday found gun dealers in the state sold nearly 276,000 firearms from 2020 through 2021, with the majority of sales being handguns, at 64%, while 23% of the sales were for rifles.'

Gun sales in deep blue Massachusetts hit record levels beginning in 2020, sparked by fear: Report
"Leary said many of his customers during the pandemic and following months told him that they did not like guns,

I bet they still vote anti gun democrat. Typical liberal, they were against it (they did not like guns), until they wanted it.

That's not what they're saying.
I don't care what they are saying, but see your point. For every instance they try condescension as a method to "woke" the nation, I'll just laugh. I'll just do it...

Who the FU** wants to read something they're smart enough to see the author is belittling the reader?

I don't care what they are saying, but see your point. For every instance they try condescension as a method to "woke" the nation, I'll just laugh. I'll just do it...

Who the FU** wants to read something they're smart enough to see the author is belittling the reader?
On this, we agree

"Leary said many of his customers during the pandemic and following months told him that they did not like guns,

I bet they still vote anti gun democrat. Typical liberal, they were against it (they did not like guns), until they wanted it.
Even _this site_ is chock full of firearm owners who are not really RKBA supporters. It's not a stretch to consider the average MA hoplophobe who purchased a firearm for the first time in 2020 is a temporary firearm owner. I don't doubt some of those firearms will end up surrendered to authorities or thrown in rivers as the owners become wracked with guilt and fear as well as concern their friends might find out. In general, though, It's not terribly unusual for firearm prohibitionists to own firearms.

Read it again.

Note that on the page you linked, the words "does not" are both bold and underlined. I.e., "Thankfully the final version of the bill does not contain those two provisions."

Nobody cares what you find scary. We can talk about could have and would have until we're blue in the face, but "the final version of the bill does not contain those two provisions."
I guess you don't understand tongue in cheek.
1659565991775.png

Try not to get so upset over some misplaced sarcasm.

And YOU may not care what I find scary, but there are plenty that do as I talk to them every day. Try not to speak for other people that you don't even know.

Everybody is so angry these days, try to chill out.

"Everybody is so angry these days, try to chill out."

Really? I wonder why? Chill out, are you serious? We've been chilling out for years and getting our brains beat in until Trump upset the applecart and the Leftists opened up their scorched earth offensive. "No more MR nice guy"

I've been doing my part after being on a buying hiatus for a few years. Nothing has really sparked much of an interest for me beyond the ones I already have. Though I'm normally not a big fan of polymers, the rash of micro 9's have caught my eye. Improvements on reliability, capacity (though still with a 10 round limit here, for now at least), ergonomics and options were the biggest factors.

In the last two months I picked up 3 out of the 4 I want. The third being very recent so I'm short on mags, only the two that came with it and a corresponding holster. The 4th so far has been unobtainium as it's non-compliant, a Ruger LCPII or LCP MAX (preferred) for pocket carry. Some day.

Left to right, a Sig P365 (not X or XL, I don't want to grow it. It's also the one short magazines, I won't get many at $45.00 a pop), a Springfield OSP Hellcat and S&W's performance center Shield plus, 3" version, with fire sights.

boxes inside.jpg

Even _this site_ is chock full of firearm owners who are not really RKBA supporters. It's not a stretch to consider the average MA hoplophobe who purchased a firearm for the first time in 2020 is a temporary firearm owner. I don't doubt some of those firearms will end up surrendered to authorities or thrown in rivers as the owners become wracked with guilt and fear as well as concern their friends might find out. In general, though, It's not terribly unusual for firearm prohibitionists to own firearms.

Maybe I'll go to a buyback with some cash and offer more than the peanuts the .suck is offering

I guess you don't understand tongue in cheek.
View attachment 645872

Try not to get so upset over some misplaced sarcasm.

And YOU may not care what I find scary, but there are plenty that do as I talk to them every day. Try not to speak for other people that you don't even know.

Everybody is so angry these days, try to chill out.
I'm afraid you played it too straight, and I missed whatever cue was supposed to tell me that you were joking when you twice presented as fact that these features had passed. My b.

To be clear, though I may sometimes be wound tight, on this I was (and remain) perfectly calm.

You do know that NH is on it's way to being another Massachusetts?

If you look at the state government, it's entirely controlled by the Republicans. But yes we send our trash to DC. It is strange, hard to understand the polarization and why red at home yet blue federal is so attractive.

So on its way historically, sure, some. But you really can't compare it to MA. And most folks who move here from MA tend to be conservative. We get very little low income wards of the state, city goer types, because our welfare sucks and it's just not prestigious to live in Manchester. Though we home grow trash, that's where all those blue votes come from.

I've been doing my part after being on a buying hiatus for a few years. Nothing has really sparked much of an interest for me beyond the ones I already have. Though I'm normally not a big fan of polymers, the rash of micro 9's have caught my eye. Improvements on reliability, capacity (though still with a 10 round limit here, for now at least), ergonomics and options were the biggest factors.

In the last two months I picked up 3 out of the 4 I want. The third being very recent so I'm short on mags, only the two that came with it and a corresponding holster. The 4th so far has been unobtainium as it's non-compliant, a Ruger LCPII or LCP MAX (preferred) for pocket carry. Some day.

Left to right, a Sig P365 (not X or XL, I don't want to grow it. It's also the one short magazines, I won't get many at $45.00 a pop), a Springfield OSP Hellcat and S&W's performance center Shield plus, 3" version, with fire sights.

View attachment 645899
It is possible to obtain both of the non-approved guns you mentioned, and I don’t mean buying used. You are on the right website to learn how to do this, too.

Back
Top Bottom