Gun Seizures in Mass

According to the news this morning - Over 1400 illegal guns were seized in Massachusetts last year. An alarming number, given the that the State has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

Personally I am shocked. I can't believe that despite our tough gun laws, there are still people that do not follow the rules. How can that even be possible? Even worse, almost all of these guns were seized during drug related incidents. Drugs! I never would have guessed. I would have figured it was architects, computer techs, carpenters and other hard working citizens while buying coffee or going to the supermarket would have been the culprits. Shocked I say, just shocked.

According to Marsha, it isn't illegal to be an illegal alien. The corollary to that is, it isn't illegal to have an illegal gun, which is apparently why a majority of them get the charges dropped.

The best remedy for a gun seizure is breathing into a brown paper bag...

iu

According to Marsha, it isn't illegal to be an illegal alien. The corollary to that is, it isn't illegal to have an illegal gun, which is apparently why a majority of them get the charges dropped.

while an illegal alien has a choice whether to be one or simply move out ... illegal guns don't even have that choice, they are things and obviously being illegal is not illegal so all guns are legal just like the Constitution says they are. I guess Mora was right when she said that she "supports second amendment"

And I wonder how many of those people in possession of a gun illegally had those charges dropped or greatly reduced and are back out on the streets already.

And I wonder how many of those people in possession of a gun illegally had those charges dropped or greatly reduced and are back out on the streets already.

Joe shmoe who accidentally crossed into mass from NH while ccw got 7-10, pedro from Lawrence who had a trunk full of fentanyl and an ak got a years probation but thankfully he promised the judge he was turning his life around

According to the news this morning - Over 1400 illegal guns were seized in Massachusetts last year. An alarming number, given the that the State has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

Personally I am shocked. I can't believe that despite our tough gun laws, there are still people that do not follow the rules. How can that even be possible? Even worse, almost all of these guns were seized during drug related incidents. Drugs! I never would have guessed. I would have figured it was architects, computer techs, carpenters and other hard working citizens while buying coffee or going to the supermarket would have been the culprits. Shocked I say, just shocked.

Hey, I know, let's ban drugs! That will work! Then we'll ban guns and there will be no more crime!

Thanks Massachusetts... Thank you for giving my 26 year old son the ability to legally smoke marijuana... Because, I didn't spend 20 years trying to make sure he didn't.

You need the state to keep your kid in line?

He's an adult and can make big-boy decisions, such as what plants to set on fire.

I think the point Pete makes is valid. As parents, we know what is up as we have walked that mile ourselves. We know that kids are going to do their thing with regards to weed and alcohol. But for years we tried to keep them away from the stuff, to the best of our ability, because it can ruin lives.
No, I don't think weed is dangerous, and some people can smoke some and it's no big deal. But then there are the other people who smoke weed and stay up all night playing video games, eating junk food, blowing off school and work.
We all new those kids when we were growing up. The ones that were not content to just party on the weekends. The ones who smoked pot everyday and drank most days.
And then the State gets involved. Not for something noble, like freedom or rights. For money. It wasn't enough to just decriminalize it, so we were not ruining peoples lives over a minor possession, they had to go and legalize it and create a special tax rate for it. To raise more money, that the state will use for stupid programs that we shouldn't have in the first place.

Remember to use the current delay-delay-delay and tax increases on pot with your liberal friends who smoke. How do they feel about being ignored and shat upon after a ballot question that passed handily? Why would they vote for any incumbent as they all signed off on the shatting?

Thanks Massachusetts... Thank you for giving my 26 year old son the ability to legally smoke marijuana... Because, I didn't spend 20 years trying to make sure he didn't.

Your son does not have the ability to legally smoke marijuana. Federal Law prohibits it, in the same way that Federal law prohibits a felon from possessing an AR lower, but Mass law does not.

Are you sure it wasn't bunch of 65-year-olds, just taking their BP and heart meds, and got caught with their old shottie, hanging on the rack in the pick up truck, and they're expired lifetime FID?

I think the point Pete makes is valid. As parents, we know what is up as we have walked that mile ourselves. We know that kids are going to do their thing with regards to weed and alcohol. But for years we tried to keep them away from the stuff, to the best of our ability, because it can ruin lives.
No, I don't think weed is dangerous, and some people can smoke some and it's no big deal. But then there are the other people who smoke weed and stay up all night playing video games, eating junk food, blowing off school and work.
We all new those kids when we were growing up. The ones that were not content to just party on the weekends. The ones who smoked pot everyday and drank most days.
And then the State gets involved. Not for something noble, like freedom or rights. For money. It wasn't enough to just decriminalize it, so we were not ruining peoples lives over a minor possession, they had to go and legalize it and create a special tax rate for it. To raise more money, that the state will use for stupid programs that we shouldn't have in the first place.

The state was already involved. They just changed their view on it. The point Pete is making is that now that the state offers a legal venue to obtain weed his efforts to keep his son away from it will be compromised in some way and they are the responsible party for his actions. I can only assume that his son has been huffing lacquer thinner and drinking NyQuil cocktails as both are easily, legally procured in MA.

I wonder if these are "instances" or "firearms".

Does the stat include LTC revocation and expiration? Divorcee's being served the near universal 209A?

I think if two NES'ers went through nasty divorces we could really move the needle, there.

The point Pete is making is that now that the state offers a legal venue to obtain weed his efforts to keep his son away from it will be compromised in some way and they are the responsible party for his actions. I can only assume that his son has been huffing lacquer thinner and drinking NyQuil cocktails as both are easily, legally procured in MA.

I disagree, I think the point is that kids think, " well, it can't be as bad as my parents said it was, because the state legalized it". My kids report that many who would never have smoked, happily consume edibles, and have no idea how potent the stuff can be. I don't smoke the stuff, but from what I have heard, a lot of the stuff being grown today is much stronger than what was around 30 years ago when I was a kid.
Every grower is an amateur chemist/ botanist and they are growing stuff that really gets people wasted. I think of the movie Ted 2 and Mark Wahlberg's line " Reminds me of the strain I had last summer called "here comes autism". And now that it has become and industry, growers will set R&D budgets to figure out how to make it stronger.
I am with Pete on this one, and I voted against the measure. I was all for decriminalization, sending people to jail for pot is a stupid waste of resources, but that is a far cry from where we are headed. Three beers and a half a joint of this shit equals the brain activity of a quahog.

The bigger shock is that out of 1400 only 7 people got the mandatory 1 year sentence.....

To Pete's lament, I can agree. I have two daughters in their 20s that went to ZooMass Amherst. My warning to them was "no matter how harmless you think it might be as a drug, it is still illegal and a black mark on your record (getting busted for possession or being around it at a party or whatever) can mess up your life for a long time; in employment, finances, school . . .

Can't be used anymore.

Back
Top Bottom