• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun shop planning to open near Dedham playground, community outraged

I'm interested by this comment from the Selectmen:
Now that the licenses have been granted, and assuming that the applicant meets all other code requirements, the business will have a legal right to open. Be advised that the Town is continuing to talk with the applicant and exploring options to resolve this issue in a manner satisfactory to the entire community.
The store has all the licenses, jumped through all the appropriate hoops, and the Town feels they have a right to continue the discussion? If I were the store, I don't think I'd have much to say beyond "Pound sand..."

The store has all the licenses, jumped through all the appropriate hoops, and the Town feels they have a right to continue the discussion? If I were the store, I don't think I'd have much to say beyond "Pound sand..."
The only thing that would be "satisfactory to the entire community" is for the shop never to have opened. What mealy mouth pablum.

Parsing that, I'm guessing the "issue" is that the store exists. What would resolving the store existing look like?

would they want a pot shop there.
Or an adult bookstore?
Better yet, bring back the bar rooms. Back in the day, there was a bar room on every corner of the square, the 50 - 60's. Or just bring back Flanagan's / Rick' Pub and the Old Mill Cafe'. The cops loved both of them,
especially "the Mill".

Hey Guys, thanks for the continued support again. We have been issued our building permit which is what we were waiting for. We are now implementing the security measures wanted by the town. Nothing that is too unreasonable, we are still trying to open September but it may be a stretch. Once the Security measures have been taken care of we will have a final inspection with the building inspector and the Chief of police if they are satisfied we will be issued our occupancy and we will be cleared to open. Sorry we haven't been able to update people as often as we would like but we understand the Media really wants the opening date so they can gather people up to possibly plan a protest. I will be sure to post it in here when we know the date for sure.

Parsing that, I'm guessing the "issue" is that the store exists. What would resolving the store existing look like?

Agree, hence my "Pound sand" response.

Selectmen: "People still object to you being there."
GunStore: "Pound sand."
Selectmen: "Well, how about considering moving?"
Selectmen: "Limiting hours?"

Continue, ad nausem...

Or an adult bookstore?
Better yet, bring back the bar rooms. Back in the day, there was a bar room on every corner of the square, the 50 - 60's. Or just bring back Flanagan's / Rick' Pub and the Old Mill Cafe'. The cops loved both of them,
especially "the Mill".
I drank at the Mill many years ago.

Hey Guys, thanks for the continued support again. We have been issued our building permit which is what we were waiting for. We are now implementing the security measures wanted by the town. Nothing that is too unreasonable, we are still trying to open September but it may be a stretch. Once the Security measures have been taken care of we will have a final inspection with the building inspector and the Chief of police if they are satisfied we will be issued our occupancy and we will be cleared to open. Sorry we haven't been able to update people as often as we would like but we understand the Media really wants the opening date so they can gather people up to possibly plan a protest. I will be sure to post it in here when we know the date for sure.
Hmm, road trip for opening day?

I have been curious as to when firearm prohibitionists will start a photographing and doxxing effort to try to shame gun store patrons and/or their employers. I have little doubt if I were the subject of such a social media campaign I would wind up caught in the next quarterly layoff.
If it gets to that point, whenever we go to a gun store, just wear a hijab and claim you identify as a Muslim woman now.

But I do think those days are coming. A few more SCOTUS cases and the Anti's will have lost everything they've worked almost a century to get. If Trump as President is any indication, they don't go down without a fight, they just get nastier.

If it gets to that point, whenever we go to a gun store, just wear a hijab and claim you identify as a Muslim woman now.

But I do think those days are coming. A few more SCOTUS cases and the Anti's will have lost everything they've worked almost a century to get. If Trump as President is any indication, they don't go down without a fight, they just get nastier.
You are correct, the Leftists have turned into Jihadists. I've said before they will have no choice but to resort to violence after Trump is re-elected. A pundit stated yesterday that Trumps only crime was that he defeated Hillary in 2016. the Left will NEVER forgive him and US. Same with Kavanaugh and when Ruthie Woo Woo Ginsberg either retires or dies the war will escalate. The next 14 months will be historic, BE PREPARED!

Agree, hence my "Pound sand" response.

Selectmen: "People still object to you being there."
Selectmen: "Well, how about considering moving?"
Selectmen: "Limiting hours?"

Continue, ad nausem...
Selectmen: *dangles occupancy permit*
GunStore: *whimper*

Selectmen: *dangles occupancy permit*
GunStore: *whimper*

Note that I said once the legal requirements were met, which they seem to be. The Selectmen are on record as saying they can't deny him the opening once the legal requirements are met.

Now that the licenses have been granted, and assuming that the applicant meets all other code requirements, the business will have a legal right to open.

Hey Guys, thanks for the continued support again. We have been issued our building permit which is what we were waiting for. We are now implementing the security measures wanted by the town.

Congrats in getting through the bureaucracy and opening at all! [party2]

Now, about that security system. Would you like to post what you are doing and we will gladly offer advice on how you are doing. S/ [wink] and [pot]

Let us know when the opening is, I'll swing by with a rifle case and wait.

Use one of these and wave to the anti's with a smile. "Just doing some business 'mam."

S-20044.jpg

So, what they are trying to say is that Joe gun owner is a danger? Really? Can they say that to our faces at a meeting? Do they even know who we are or what we're all about?

Joe gun owner is a danger, in that Joe gun owner is not on their "side." Joe gun owner is no more of an enemy than anyone else not on their side, but it's a convenient sub-class of opponent to focus on, on a divide and conquer strategy.

They have no need to say anything to our faces, as their speech is intended for the people that agree with them, or that can be swayed by claims of being "reasonable."

Guy at work asked why gun people are unwilling to compromise. I said, "If I demand that you give me $20, then back it off to $10, is that a compromise? Antis never offer up anything, they just make demands, back them off a bit and claim that that's reasonable. If they get what they ask for, they repeat the process."

They don't know and don't care. To them, we're the NPC meme, with an EBR that has the shoulder thing that goes up.

Just head they are opened! Time for us to come out strong and support another shop.

Will be there soon to patronize this establishment

ETA- i have no affiliation with this shop, I just would like to see more of them open up in the state where freedom was founded

Last edited:

Any idea what the hours are?

J&J Arms 224 Bussey St, Dedham, MA 02026

Hours:

Tuesday10AM–9PM
Wednesday10AM–9PM
Thursday10AM–9PM
Friday10AM–9PM
Saturday10AM–9PM
Sunday12–5PM
Monday10AM–9PM

I love those hours. Finally a store that is open past 6pm.

I'm like 10min from that place, I might stop by today at lunch.

Just stopped in. Small place with reflective tint in the windows, small parking lot, and you have to be buzzed in. Understandable as I’m sure they had to jump through a number of hoops. There were a few people in there so I didn’t get the owners name. Small selection of ammo, moderate selection of handguns and rifles. However, they had the best price I’ve seen for a C308 with 2 prebans around. I bought 2 boxes of ammo to show some support. I asked about cost for transfers but the fellow ringing me up didn’t know. Younger owner and crowd, definitely not your typical gum store.
I hope their business (and ammo selection) grows. I’ll definitely be back, even if just to piss off the people that protested a legitimate business.

Back
Top Bottom