GUN SHOW AND KNIFE SHOW- WILMINGTON, MASS.- March 3rd and 4th 2012

expedition03

NES Member
Hi everyone, since I can't make it to the Marlboro Show this weekend I am looking ahead. Does anyone gone to the Wilmington gun show also the company that runs the Marlboro show? Is it the the same or better than the Marlboro show. It's suppose to have 500 tables. I know it's held in the Shriner's auditorium so I think it's going to be real good, I am right?

Last edited:
Last year, I found the ammo price & selection are better than Marlboro. I will try to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Wilmington show at the Shriners - Mar 3/4

3-3-2012, 3-4-2012Anyone here going. If so shall we organize a meet and greet of sorts?

Last edited by a moderator:
We will have to throw up gang signs to identify ourselves.

We already have an unofficial NES gang sign.

expand_shocker.gif

The password, actually pass phrase is as follows;

NESer #1 My Ferrari is red

NESer #2 and your wife is blonde

NESer #1 The Eagle packs heat

NESer #2 But he has a sporting restriction

NESer #2 is then free to display the secret sign and should expect NESer #1 to do the same.

So very close to me, I'll be there. Always down for a meet and greet. It'd be good to put your ugly mugs to a name :)

If you ain't there for the first hour all the good deals are gone. That said, I'm working Saturday so I'll either go Saturday afternoon or not at all. Depends if I am heading to NH after work on the 3rd. It also depends if I have any money. That'll be about the time for the next oil truck fairy to visit.

Well, hopefully blonde elvis guy shows up, then you will get better ammo prices at least. [laugh]

I am hemming and hawing about this one... particularly if the entry fee is $11 (10 with coupon, woohoo... ) [puke] I'm still a sucker for these things and will probably go anyways, at least that Saturday morning, although I probably won't be sticking around long.

ETA: Moving this to the right location... lol

-Mike

For those who have not been to this show before.... this is the summary version:

Most of the same dealers as Marlborough, except ammo deals/selection is -usually- better because there are typically at least 2 big vendors instead of just the grumpy guys from NY. The prices still will not be anywhere near as good as the NH shows, due to the tax and the vendors in play.

The hall is a lot more congested and packed in than Marlborough. This has the side effect of increasing the fartgas/stench quotient. Getting in early and getting the hell out is a good idea if you're claustrophobic. It also gets hot in there and the ventilation is marginal at best. If you stay for any length of time you should get used to people bumping into you and stuff, and people standing in the way all the time.

It always seems like there are less guns at Wilmington, although not by much.

Parking always sucks (its far away from the entrance, for us lazebags) at this show, but it is free... huge dirt parking area. If you want to park on anything resembling pavement you will need to get there stupid early.

Last year the ATF was at this show, although they weren't harassing people- they had a legal info table for C&R FFL license applications, etc. The two agents manning the table looked bored to tears, although one of them looked grumpy, too. [laugh] Who knows whether they will return or not.

-Mike

For those who have not been to this show before.... this is the summary version:

Most of the same dealers as Marlborough, except ammo deals/selection is -usually- better because there are typically at least 2 big vendors instead of just the grumpy guys from NY. The prices still will not be anywhere near as good as the NH shows, due to the tax and the vendors in play.

The hall is a lot more congested and packed in than Marlborough. This has the side effect of increasing the fartgas/stench quotient. Getting in early and getting the hell out is a good idea if you're claustrophobic. It also gets hot in there and the ventilation is marginal at best. If you stay for any length of time you should get used to people bumping into you and stuff, and people standing in the way all the time.

It always seems like there are less guns at Wilmington, although not by much.

Parking always sucks (its far away from the entrance, for us lazebags) at this show, but it is free... huge dirt parking area. If you want to park on anything resembling pavement you will need to get there stupid early.

Last year the ATF was at this show, although they weren't harassing people- they had a legal info table for C&R FFL license applications, etc. The two agents manning the table looked bored to tears, although one of them looked grumpy, too. [laugh] Who knows whether they will return or not.

-Mike

Don't forget, the food there is actually very good.

I should be going on Saturday , would love to finally meet some of you. Also what could i expect to find there for AR accessories ? Or are the prices through the roof on them?

Back
Top Bottom