• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Show DiPrete Concord NH April 13-14..worth going?

Place was a mad house...My buddy and I were like 12th in line,I bought nothing.My buddy bought a 91/30.

Only thing I wanted to buy was the smokin hot blonde in heels,that if you stood in proximity of her perfume ...she made the wandering around bareable for a few mins.

As soon as we got a whiff of poop we left.

I was there. Got there at 8am and I was probably somewhere between 150th to 200th in line. Took 20 minutes to get in after it opened. I went in looking for large and small pistol CCI primers. Only found a few 1000 count boxes of large pistol. Limit was one box so I got one box of large pistol for my brother for $38. I also was looking for bulk 22lr.

All dealers were raping you on the price of bulk 22lr. $50 was the cheapest I saw for a 500 pack. I already have 2000 22lr so I wasn't desperate enough to pay those horrible prices. Rileys had good prices on ammo.

I got there about the same time, but I did pick up a box of CCI small pistol primers from the guy (has his daughter and wife working the cash box) who's straight back from the entrance along the bleachers. I guess I was either a few steps ahead or took time to scout around first. The ammo guy in the back to the left from the entrance was selling 500 round white boxes of 22 lr (PPV I think) for 70$ a box, I saw some guy there counting the number of boxes and trying to figure out how much it would be while checking out his wallet. The best was some guy walking around the show with his wife, maybe she was 4'10" tall and just might have been 80 lbs, she was carrying the case of ammo while he walked around carrying nothing.

Last edited:
probably wont be going to a gun show in a while overall a sad experience :/ Got there at 9:15am got in at 10:00am

On a side note why do people have to smell like ass?

Everything was pretty much overpriced except for a few things here and thereJust overall allot of odds and ends,(why a beat up S&W 9mm compact magazine cost 40dollars is beyond me.) I managed to buy 5.11 gun belt + pants for 20dollars a piece. I did get the last in my size, only fat people sizes left. At that same tables there where plenty of AR parts going for some fair prices and there was some nice molle gear that was priced right but wasn't in the market for that kind of gear. There where probably only 6 tables that had anything remotely interesting there was allot of antiques being asked for top dollar, and alot of the cheap knives you see selling at amazon and ebay that was relatively priced about right.

The good news is if you where looking for 5.56 or 223 there where plenty of tables that had it in stock, the prices of ammo was a little on the high side from what I saw. The prices on AR15's have leveled off and are coming closer to MSRB but still 200-300 over retail.

Just wondering how many of you that went to the gun show came by the capitol for the rally while you were in concord?

How about a show of hands........

I never actually made it in, I saw that line an bugged out

You didn;t miss much at the show.....high/gouging prices.........there was some kid walking around with a box stock saiga 12 and wanted 1200 for it.......used.......

The rally on the other hand was excellent......had 600+ people roll though......too bad half of the people panic buying at the gun show didn't bother to show up and exercise their 1st Ammendment rights to protect their Second.........

I scored a CMP special Garand at the show, the guns all H&R except the Op rod and boyds stock. The Barrel guaged a 2 for throat erosion and a 1 at the muzzle. I got the gun and 200 rounds of HXP for $1200. I just missed a H&R with a LMR barrel in the same condition. Sometimes the CMP really turns out some awsome stuff. The price was very fair considering the same gun is almost 1000 bucks via the CMP and a 3 month wait.

I scored a CMP special Garand at the show, the guns all H&R except the Op rod and boyds stock. The Barrel guaged a 2 for throat erosion and a 1 at the muzzle. I got the gun and 200 rounds of HXP for $1200. I just missed a H&R with a LMR barrel in the same condition. Sometimes the CMP really turns out some awsome stuff. The price was very fair considering the same gun is almost 1000 bucks via the CMP and a 3 month wait.

HXP ammo is selling on CMP for $110. you paid $90 more to hold it first and for convenience of not waiting. sounds like you did well.

I went there with my wife. I did not buy anything but never consider it a waste of time. $16 for me and the wife to walk around and look at gun stuff beats a trip to the movies and some chick flick.

I saw 30 round AR Magazinze from $20-$50. don't these guys look at each other's tables? don't then know we do? Ammo was a little high for the show, but people were paying it. got tempted by the M1 carbine guy with the 2 he had at $750 each but passed.

I have been looking for a nice BYF P38 and found one, but I'll keep looking for one at a lower price. Saw a couple ARs new for $795 (I think DPMS and Olympic). as stated prices coming back to reality. I dont recall AR prices that well so I don't remember the bottom. I will say AKs are hanging up there in the $750-$800 range. I guess the days of $399 Aks are well over.

I always look for SKSs as i have many. I did not see a single Russian or Yugo. I did see a few Norincos at stupid prices.

HXP ammo is selling on CMP for $110. you paid $90 more to hold it first and for convenience of not waiting. sounds like you did well.

I went there with my wife. I did not buy anything but never consider it a waste of time. $16 for me and the wife to walk around and look at gun stuff beats a trip to the movies and some chick flick.

I saw 30 round AR Magazinze from $20-$50. don't these guys look at each other's tables? don't then know we do? Ammo was a little high for the show, but people were paying it. got tempted by the M1 carbine guy with the 2 he had at $750 each but passed.

I have been looking for a nice BYF P38 and found one, but I'll keep looking for one at a lower price. Saw a couple ARs new for $795 (I think DPMS and Olympic). as stated prices coming back to reality. I dont recall AR prices that well so I don't remember the bottom. I will say AKs are hanging up there in the $750-$800 range. I guess the days of $399 Aks are well over.

I always look for SKSs as i have many. I did not see a single Russian or Yugo. I did see a few Norincos at stupid prices.

I got a good gun and ammo's overpriced everywhere. If I over paid for the ability to have my gun and ammo right now then so be it. Its in my safe and mine.the way I figured it I paid $70 more to have it now.$30 more on the gun and $40 more on the ammo.

Last edited:
I wasn't looking for the popular stuff so I consider it a worthwhile show. I found some boxes of antique ammo that I had been looking for for very good prices; 9mm Steyr sinoxide for $5, 7.63 Mannlicher for $10, plus some loose rounds of 6mm USN and .30-40 Krag for change. The Concord show is always good for those of us who are into older guns/ammo/parts.

Only thing I wanted to buy was the smokin hot blonde in heels,that if you stood in proximity of her perfume ...she made the wandering around bareable for a few mins.

The blonde?

Whatever, I got a good gun and ammo's overpriced everywhere. If I over paid for the ability to have my gun and ammo right now then so be it. Its in my safe and mine.the way I figured it I paid $70 more to have it now.$30 more on the gun and $40 more on the ammo.

I think you mis understood my post. I said you did well. I would pay $90 more any day to hold it in my hand and agree that i wanted it. This as opposed to waiting for tbe fedex truck to show up and not like a $1000 gun. And, yes, with CMP wait alone, i would pay $90 more to speed up my order! good luck with it

40 cal

I got there at 8:30, didn't feel like standing in that line, so I left to go hike a small mountain in Gilford to kill time. I got back around 11:20 and still had to wait in line for a bit. That's nuts. I got some decent buys on 9x18 and M1 carbine and left. Way too crowded and stinky. I stopped in to see Adam & Nicole at their new shop in L-derry, and headed back to MA. Had I not planned on visiting my old man on the way home, I would have gone to the rally. I first heard of it when I was standing in line.

Arrived around 11:30 and after spending a couple of hours there looking at stuff, I picked up a couple pair of 5.11 pants for $20 each and that was it. After looking at ammo prices for a while, I realized how glad I am that I reload. I am always on the look out for 9x18 ammo though I do load that too...the only boxes of reloadable stuff was $23 a box for 50 (Prvi)...same stuff last year was 13. I passed.

First time in years and years that I haven't bought something gun related at the show.

Last edited:
THanks, Cant wait to shoot it!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think you mis understood my post. I said you did well. I would pay $90 more any day to hold it in my hand and agree that i wanted it. This as opposed to waiting for tbe fedex truck to show up and not like a $1000 gun. And, yes, with CMP wait alone, i would pay $90 more to speed up my order! good luck with it

40 cal

Thanks, I cant wait to shoot it, just wish 30-06 was easier to find locally and less expensive.

Place was a mad house...My buddy and I were like 12th in line,I bought nothing.My buddy bought a 91/30.

If a couple chili farts is all it takes to make room at a gunshow I'm going all out on gun show eve from now on. [smile]

You didn;t miss much at the show.....high/gouging prices.........there was some kid walking around with a box stock saiga 12 and wanted 1200 for it.......used.......

The rally on the other hand was excellent......had 600+ people roll though......too bad half of the people panic buying at the gun show didn't bother to show up and exercise their 1st Ammendment rights to protect their Second.........

I do take issues with this post

I did go to the show on Saturday...got there at 10 am and it took about 35 minutes to get in.

Yes the show was crowded and it was shoulder to shoulder.... once inside there were a few deals but you can forget the old ammo prices and low gun prices of last year. That is not todays reality ! And I had to laugh at the comment that some people are offended by the look and/or smell of some of the other gun show visitors. ????? I didn't think there was a shower, shave and a dress code associated with going to a gun show! Lets see..,, hundreds of oily guns, wood ammo cases, cloths and old military canves items... hundreds of people walking around in an enclosed heated building with little air flow...and you think the place should have spring fresh air? ya right!!

Just because people were interested in going to the gun show doesn't make them all "panic buyers". It is an event to be attended nothing more or less. At this point all the "panic" is over.... high prices due to lack of guns and ammo is the new norm for a while. That is the present reality. At least this experience should be a wake up call to everyone as to how quickly things can change. People got lazy and use to seeing tons of pistols and rifles and cheap ammo... they took availability for granted. What we are experiencing today is a shortage due to people panicing.... what would happen if the GOV got involved? We all didn't know how good we had it . This is just a minor hickup.. and over time things will go back to what was to a point. When it does you should think about the future and be better prepaired. If you were caught short this time ...well thats one thing! ...the next time (and there will be one)...if your not ready will thats just on you!

PS after the show I did go to the rally and it was good.

Insane. Prices were beyond gouging, at least on ammo. Gun shows used to be the place to find deals, now its an all-you-can rape buffet. My last one for a while. Got everything I needed between Riley's and Shooters Outpost. Latter had Blazer 9 for 13.99.

Riley's and Shooters Outpost. Latter had Blazer 9 for 13.99.

Never being a "fan" of Riley's I really only venture in there if I'm with someone else who wants to go.

I will note one thing about Shooters and Riley's though, while there are PLENTY of retailers out there hitting you for a $1 or more per round, neither have really followed that suit, I for appreciate that. I have nothing against someone making a buck when they have something that people want, it's all supply and demand but I can tell you who I will be loyal to more than oft not and that's the guy/business that makes a bit extra but doesn't kill you when he could.

I did go to the show on Saturday...got there at 10 am and it took about 35 minutes to get in.

Yes the show was crowded and it was shoulder to shoulder.... once inside there were a few deals but you can forget the old ammo prices and low gun prices of last year. That is not todays reality ! And I had to laugh at the comment that some people are offended by the look and/or smell of some of the other gun show visitors. ????? I didn't think there was a shower, shave and a dress code associated with going to a gun show! Lets see..,, hundreds of oily guns, wood ammo cases, cloths and old military canves items... hundreds of people walking around in an enclosed heated building with little air flow...and you think the place should have spring fresh air? ya right!!

Just because people were interested in going to the gun show doesn't make them all "panic buyers". It is an event to be attended nothing more or less. At this point all the "panic" is over.... high prices due to lack of guns and ammo is the new norm for a while. That is the present reality. At least this experience should be a wake up call to everyone as to how quickly things can change. People got lazy and use to seeing tons of pistols and rifles and cheap ammo... they took availability for granted. What we are experiencing today is a shortage due to people panicing.... what would happen if the GOV got involved? We all didn't know how good we had it . This is just a minor hickup.. and over time things will go back to what was to a point. When it does you should think about the future and be better prepaired. If you were caught short this time ...well thats one thing! ...the next time (and there will be one)...if your not ready will thats just on you!

Hey, thanks for showing up at the rally

But as to you "taking offense" I have to laugh

Attendence was easily triple what it has been in recent years

Ammo prices in general are nearly double what they were just a years ago

Firearm prices are significantly higher on most anything "tactical"

Mags that were 7-8 bucks last fall are now between 20 and 45 dollars.

Now a portion of the increases are attributable to the loss in value of the dollar.......but the overwhelming majority of the increase is due to panic buying.

Panic Buying is why online dealers sold through a 1yr plus supply of mags in a few weeks

Same with ammo

This is why LPK's, complete uppers and BCG's were no where to be found for MONTHS and are only recently just beginning to become avail again

If dealers are getting 20-40 bucks per mag clearly the panic buying isn't over..........

If there's a takeaway from what we've observed over the last couple months its that the exact same thing is GOING to happen to food, booze, fuel, basic medical supplies etc if/when gov exceeds its constitutional powers and intentionally/unintentionally manipulates markets.

40 cal

I did misunderstand, sorry

Smelly People suck...sorry....you can take time to go to a show for 3 or so hours but can't hit the shower for 5 mins and a bar of soap/deotorant?

In the early 2000s I could spend hours and a show and it wasn't packed.

I stopped by in the afternoon, and the crowd had mostly thinned out. Probably won't be too bad there today. Even with the high prices on ammo, people were definitely buying it. Maybe not in bulk, but a couple of boxes here and there. I managed to pick up some 8mm Mauser and 30.06. My best find was the last place I stopped by... the guy in the back left corner of the arena with the 5.11 stuff. I managed to grab a pair of Danner boots that are normally over $300 for about half price and a 5.11 belt that will be awesome for my IWB holster. Overall, I think it was worth the price of admission.

Arrived in Concord at a little after 9AM, line around the corner of the building, but was inside in 15 minutes. Ammo was full retard, and then some. Note to sellers: that box of old, corroded, shitty brass in the water stained boxes, with half of the case mouths bent to f**k isn't going to sell for the price of new ammo, not now, not ever. I swear that some of these vendors must be exercise fanatics, what with the workout they get hauling the SAME SHIT in and out of each venue. I am seeing the SAME SHIT on people's tables that I did a year ago.
A few roasted armpitters, but not bad. They must have hosed out the shithouse right before they opened; I got no bad whiffs at all. There was a woman selling pink stun guns and pepper spray, and she was targeting the ladies. There were some pretty nice sights at her table; I caught my 15 year old son getting an eyeful more than once. Checked it out for myself, can't say I blame him.
Quite a diverse crowd there these days, some of the folks running around there are the reason I own weapons for self protection....
I ended up with some stuff, but as I stated earlier, the prices were so full retard that I was looking for a cross-eyed kid sitting on a swing strumming a banjo. Water will find it's own level eventually, and I'm not paying two times retail for anything. Saw musty, crusty Ted Williams Brand .22LR boxes of 50 selling for $7.00 each; even old Federal and Remington .22LR from 1985 was priced at $7.00 - $8.00 a box of 50. WTF?
We hit Riley's after, grabbed a few bits and pieces for reloading, although they are still wiped out of components, particularly Berry's Bullets. Spent the day with my boy, how could I go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom