• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun show in Marlboro, MA this Sept 2017

Looks like they got the carpeting down. At least it will be comfortable to walk around.

Carpeting was a bit loose in some spots, but not bad. It was indeed pretty good to walk on.

That aside, this was more of a knife and militaria show than a gun show. Lots of tables with knives and other sharp thingies. That includes one with baskets of stuff for sale that was confiscated by the "TSA Police" as the signs said.

Someone should mention to the various ammunition sellers that the shortage is over.

Gun prices were what they usually are at gun shows. A S&W 457 "Zander" for $532.00. A nice S&W 410 for well north of $400.00. And so on. New prices were what you'd expect as well.

Lots of military surplus clothing of various vintages.

Lots of AR stuff, including 80% lowers. I didn't pay any attention to prices on any of it, so I can't say if they were good or not.

I did stop by the GOAL table and make my annual donation to the eventual winners of the raffle. ;)

Crowds were not too big, the place was not heated like a pizza oven, so the smell level was below nominal.

Sooooo, earlier in this thread I said I wasn't going as it was a waste of time. Well, I ended up going as it was a better then mowing my lawn and I'm glad I did. I found two good deals for items I was looking for and scored on some good ammo. At Tombstone I picked up a used Uberti Cattleman in 45 Colt, moved over to Stoney Acres where I found a rare in MA Cimarron 1881 Coach 12 Ga and found a guy selling older 45 Colt 250gr RN Lead for $15 per 25 rnd box.

Overall a very good day.

Sooooo, earlier in this thread I said I wasn't going as it was a waste of time. Well, I ended up going as it was a better then mowing my lawn and I'm glad I did. I found two good deals for items I was looking for and scored on some good ammo. At Tombstone I picked up a used Uberti Cattleman in 45 Colt, moved over to Stoney Acres where I found a rare in MA Cimarron 1881 Coach 12 Ga and found a guy selling older 45 Colt 250gr RN Lead for $15 per 25 rnd box.

Overall a very good day.

Awesome! Glad that you found a deal.

Highly recommend Stoney Acres. Found a good deal on a Ruger SR1911 last year. Didn't know that they existed prior to that show.

So, as for today, there is virtually no line right now. I am used to huge crowds. Wondering if the beach weather expected today is having an effect?

Last edited:
Glad some people found what they were looking for but this time I gotta say WOW! The MA gun industry is officially dead! There was absolutely nothing. And that nothing had stupid price tag on it. $300 for AK drum (not even Russian), 75-100 for russian ak preban mags, $1000 for Chinese SKS. [shocked] The rest was bunch of bolt action rifles, muzzle loaders some shotguns and rusty bayonets. Lots of junk like cheap air rifles, back packs, bullet knives, etc. etc. Looks like the hit item this year was barbed baseball bat. Saw it on few different vendors' tables. I've been attending MA gun shows for the last 4 years in a row and they are getting worse and worse by the year with this one being the worst. And for once smelly people problem wasn't a problem this time... simply because there were no people[rofl]

Wow. The place was really empty. I picked up a couple of odds and ends and my buddy picked up a nice S&W 34 with 22lr and 22mag cylinders for decent money. There was a really nice 6" python in a factory presentation box for a paltry $2200. Trouble was the previous owner decided to engrave his name on the barrel.

Buy from them if you must, but let's please not forget what he did to fellow Sutton dealer A.P. Martinello at last year's shows... i.e., ratted on and put A.P. Martinello out of business. [angry]

Wasn't aware of that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

Glad some people found what they were looking for but this time I gotta say WOW! The MA gun industry is officially dead! There was absolutely nothing. And that nothing had stupid price tag on it. $300 for AK drum (not even Russian), 75-100 for russian ak preban mags, $1000 for Chinese SKS. [shocked] The rest was bunch of bolt action rifles, muzzle loaders some shotguns and rusty bayonets. Lots of junk like cheap air rifles, back packs, bullet knives, etc. etc. Looks like the hit item this year was barbed baseball bat. Saw it on few different vendors' tables. I've been attending MA gun shows for the last 4 years in a row and they are getting worse and worse by the year with this one being the worst. And for once smelly people problem wasn't a problem this time... simply because there were no people[rofl]

Maura Healy is laughing. Can't wait until someday my money to the NRA. GOAL, NES and others somehow makes any difference.
#HealyHatesFamilies

Made sure to get my tickets for the Lucky 20 raffle for GOAL. Always good to drop a donation in as well!

I'm in process of updating my personal property insurance value declarations. Can anyone please recommend a firearms appraiser in MA?

Back
Top Bottom