Gun show newb questions

Never been to a gun show and in the process of getting ltc...

How much to enter (average) or is it free?

Can you buy firearms there?

And if you can, do you normally get a better deal on prices since there are so many vendors?

12 bucks to walk around smell BO and snack on jerky. Prices are often inflated but occasionally can find a deal. I'll likely be at the Marlboro show this weekend.

I hear there's a loophole there where you can buy machine guns and rpgs, no license required. Pm me if you find it.

well I did experience something at the last Manchester show that would qualify. A guy who was obviously a dealer (2 tables, lots of guns, multiples of the same models) offering to sell anything he had to me with "no paperwork or anything, just person to person". I just kept walking. Now you're not likely to see that at a Mass show but obviously they're not unicorns.

well I did experience something at the last Manchester show that would qualify. A guy who was obviously a dealer (2 tables, lots of guns, multiples of the same models) offering to sell anything he had to me with "no paperwork or anything, just person to person". I just kept walking. Now you're not likely to see that at a Mass show but obviously they're not unicorns.

Dude you saw Eric Holder at a gun show and didn't get a pic?

Always that one table with the guy who likes crooked crosses a little too much...

No jerky at the NH shows [frown]
We make up for it with legal switchblades and standard capacity magazines.

Smells like bacon

jpm said:
Smells like bacon
Lets say the buyer is a NH resident and not a PP, says "lets make a deal", pays cash. What exactly are they going to charge him with?

Stop showering at least 3 days before attending if you want a little elbow room.

Last edited:
I hear there's a loophole there where you can buy machine guns and rpgs, no license required. Pm me if you find it.
Cool, but can I maybe call you rather than PM?... (emails and texts haven't gone well for me lately..)
eb9fd566d1534f8382af5d0ca9478ded.jpg

Would you suggest the Marlborough show this weekend, or holding out for Foxboro next weekend? This will be my first show.

Both are a little more than an hour from my house.

Not believable if the fellow was a licensed dealer. Query: would DiPrete Productions, who puts on the Manchester show, rent a table to someone who wants to sell guns but isn't a licensed dealer?

Last edited:
Would you suggest the Marlborough show this weekend, or holding out for Foxboro next weekend? This will be my first show.

I would suggest both. Why set yourself up for failure to miss something that you probably won't miss but you just never know. Who cares if they are an hour from house. Get out and live the life you have always wanted.

If you have never been, it is worth checking out. But there will likely be many of the same venders at both shows.

I would suggest both. Why set yourself up for failure to miss something that you probably won't miss but you just never know. Who cares if they are an hour from house. Get out and live the life you have always wanted.

The drive is nothing, but I have other things I'm trying to plan as well. In a perfect world I could attend both, but that's not possible in this instance.

OP:

there are deals to be had, but you need to know what is a deal.

I've been on both sides of the table. I've sold stuff at prices that made me do a happy dance, and stuff that made the buyer kick up their heels. Couple f times, we both danced a jig! [laugh]

To buy ammo or guns, you need a license.

It's interesting, especially if you're new to the Gun Culture. You will see everything from civil war (or earlier) stuff, to tacticool tricked out mall-ninja worthy stuff.

If they sell all the tables available there should be ~500 tables at Marlboro and ~325 tables at Foxboro.

In most cases you can buy a gun cheaper at a brick & mortar shop than at he gun shows. There are some exceptions to this but few!

Would you suggest the Marlborough show this weekend, or holding out for Foxboro next weekend?
If they sell all the tables available there should be ~500 tables at Marlboro and ~325 tables at Foxboro.
As Len points out, Marlboro is bigger, been around longer and is a better bet for a good "first gun show" experience.

Legal for NH residents.

I've found plenty of deals in the past. Now they are more difficult to spot. Many vendors have new gun prices at full msrp. NOBODY needs to/ should pay full msrp. Used and parts tend to be where the deals can be had. Its like haggling with a hooker. If you don't like the price throw out a reasonable offer. Some people say hit it early the first day and others say late te last. Idk whats better

Fun show. Line to get in was about 15 mins. at 11:00. Got custom earplugs for my son. Checked 9mm ammo prices for a co-worker who couldn't make it Saturday, cases of 1000: Federal 115 gr. brass, $229; RUAG (German) 124 gr. brass, $225.

Back
Top Bottom