• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Show Schedule

I'd consider it but after I total up what it would cost me in gas and time, it's cheaper for me to wait till the next West Springfield show.

Is there an entrance fee?

No!!! Carole or whatever her name is even hands out FREE candy canes at the entrances, to all the guests!

Sorry, just ****ing with you, couldn't resist.

The reality is the MA shows are like $11 now or some crazy crap like that, and the price goes up every year. If you go to springfield you get boned with parking on top of that unless you find somewhere to park.

-Mike

The reality is the MA shows are like $11 now or some crazy crap like that, and the price goes up every year. If you go to springfield you get boned with parking on top of that unless you find somewhere to park.

-Mike

Given what is now transpiring, I'd expect Carole to jump the price by $2 this coming year instead of her usual $1 increase! [thinking]

Can anyone attend these shows? Are there any special rules or restrictions?

Attending is no different from attending a flea market.

Despite what the media would have us believe, you'll need the appropriate license (fid/ltc-b/ltc-a) and pass the background check in order to actually purchase anything.

Eat BEFORE you arrive. The food is overpriced and greasy, however there is usually a beef jerkey purveyor that has some excellent meats.

The door price is around $9, the links someone posted should lead you to a $1 coupon.

If you carry, the door man will ask you to unload and ziptie.

Attending is no different from attending a flea market.

Despite what the media would have us believe, you'll need the appropriate license (fid/ltc-b/ltc-a) and pass the background check in order to actually purchase anything.

Eat BEFORE you arrive. The food is overpriced and greasy, however there is usually a beef jerkey purveyor that has some excellent meats.

The door price is around $9, the links someone posted should lead you to a $1 coupon.

If you carry, the door man will ask you to unload and ziptie.

And bring a mask or something else to filter out the BO. Am I right? hahahaha

If you are planning on going to Marlboro, get ready to stand out in the cold in a line for a very long time. The building will probably meet FD code capacity with all the lunacy going on. That's if you can endure the mile or more walk in sub zero temperatures from your car.

Before ANYONE heads out to any gun show in New England, double check that it hasn't been canceled.

We just saw that in another thread and I expect venues and police departments to put pressure on many of them to cancel due to the CT tragedy.

IF this show does happen, I assume the lines will be crazy as well. Do you expect the ammo prices to be comparable to the gouging we are currently seeing on gun broker and other places or will there be a decent supply?

IF this show does happen, I assume the lines will be crazy as well. Do you expect the ammo prices to be comparable to the gouging we are currently seeing on gun broker and other places or will there be a decent supply?

The biggest ammo dealer at the MA and NH shows is "Arrogant Steve" from NY! All he sells is ammo (and sometimes ammo cans) and has a huge spread (usually 8+ tables). He's a price-gouger at every show if he can get away with it (i.e. if he has no real competition). Oftentimes at MA shows (except Big E where their rules & the tent doesn't allow multiple vendors) there is another fair-sized ammo dealer (much smaller) so Steve is forced to reduce his prices some. Given the current shortages if Steve isn't there at Marlboro, we'll know that we are in real deep shit! On the other hand, expect to be raped on prices.

Marlboro still on?

I would take nothing for granted without checking with the hotel a day or two beforehand (or seeing a post on NES by one of the dealers confirming that the show will be held). All it takes is for the hotel to get cold feet and cancel the show or the local PD getting on a rag about "evil gun shows" due to the CT tragedy and it could be canceled. We are living in a very volatile time behind enemy lines.

This will be my first gun show in Marlboro this January. I have my confederate flag bandanna and my wife beater all set and unwashed. I have stopped shaving and plan on stopping normal personal hygiene the week before.

With all that being said, is it better to get there early or towards the end of the day? I live local to the show so I could get there 8:30am without an issue.

This will be my first gun show in Marlboro this January. I have my confederate flag bandanna and my wife beater all set and unwashed. I have stopped shaving and plan on stopping normal personal hygiene the week before.

With all that being said, is it better to get there early or towards the end of the day? I live local to the show so I could get there 8:30am without an issue.

Personally, I would go early - just so there's more stuff to look at... as the day goes on, people buy and they are gone by the time you arrive (maybe)

Hope so, want to make it to that one.

Is it typically cash only at these? I haven't been to one in a decade and it was in Maine at that, so it was all cash only.

went to this one last year and used plastic at 2 differnt tables, (one for a handgun and one for some random junk)

Any shows coming in the near future?
Found this.
http://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/massachusetts/

DateGun Show TitleCity,ST
Mar 2-3Wilmington Firearm & Knife Show/S...Wilmington,MA
Mar 9-10Great West Springfield Firearm & ...West Springfield,MA
Mar 23-24Plymouth Gun ShowPlymouth,MA
Apr 6-7Great Marlboro Gun and Knife ShowMarlborough,MA
Jun 1-2West Springfield Militaria Gun & ...West Springfield,MA
Sep 21-22Great Marlboro Gun and Knife ShowMarlborough,MA
Oct 5-6Plymouth Gun ShowPlymouth,MA
Oct 26-27Great West Springfield Firearm & ...West Springfield,MA
Dec 14-15Plymouth Gun ShowPlymouth,MA

Last edited:
My son and I will be at the Plymouth Show on Sunday Mar 24th, can anyone tell me if we can handle anything without a LTC?

Thanks Tim [grin]

My son and I will be at the Plymouth Show on Sunday Mar 24th, can anyone tell me if we can handle anything without a LTC?

Thanks Tim [grin]

When you ask to see/handle something, they will probably ask to see your LTC. soooo probably not, no. It's not against the law. Maybe more like against their policy because it may be a liability. It won't hurt to ask anyway.

Back
Top Bottom