Gun show this weekend at Big E - Worth Going?

Hooper

NES Member
Anyone going to the Big E this weekend? It's listed as modern and militaria but I was wondering if indeed there are really modern dealers there? What about ammo? Any help before I make the drive appreciated!

Thanks!

Sometimes you can find good deals. Most likely ammo will be through the roof, guns will be through the roof, accessories will be through the roof. I don't even bother. Too many fart smells, BO smells, I'd rather just stay home.

This is NOT the same show as the ones held in March, October and December, this is the Militaria show.
I went to one of these in the late 90's, back when the regular Springfield gun show was the largest event of its kind in NE, and I was disappointed with the low number of gun dealers that showed up.
If you're a collector of military stuff other than actual arms, then you may enjoy this show, otherwise I wouldn't bother unless I lived close by and wanted to kill a few hours.

I live close and do not foresee anything worthwhile there. I have a car show to go to at Chicopee high from 11-3 for a 15 year old girl with stage 4 ovarian cancer. Better way to spend my money.

This is NOT the same show as the ones held in March, October and December, this is the Militaria show.
I went to one of these in the late 90's, back when the regular Springfield gun show was the largest event of its kind in NE, and I was disappointed with the low number of gun dealers that showed up.
If you're a collector of military stuff other than actual arms, then you may enjoy this show, otherwise I wouldn't bother unless I lived close by and wanted to kill a few hours.

Thanks Zappa! That's exactly the info I was looking for. I was guessing it was more militaria based on the title. I appreciate it!

Hmm.... that's what I always thought, but then kept seeing people saying it had just as many modern arms as the other shows....
I've only been to the regular ones.

Can anyone comment on any recent visits to the Militaria show and if it's worth going to if you only want guns/gun parts?

Show was small not a lot there

This^^

Not much available. The ammo tent had some stock but at FR prices ($440 for a 420rd box of 5.56 in stripper clips, 9mm at $25 box of 50, etc.) I went because I wanted to talk to the guy that does the custom ear plugs. He wasn't there of course. I saw him at the Marlborough show but there was a line... . Anyone know who that guy is? Any experience with his product?

ETA: And there was no AC... you've been warned.

Last edited:
Well that was pretty disgusting. In the Young building. NO AC! The smells.... Oh the horror, the horror! Not a ton of guns, however, did find plenty of Fiocchi and Federal .38sp FMJ. Marked up about $10 for a box of 50 but I didn't care. Not a single LGS around here has any so happy to pay the freight. Picked up 300 rounds anyhow.

This^^

Not much available. The ammo tent had some stock but at FR prices ($440 for a 420rd box of 5.56 in stripper clips, 9mm at $25 box of 50, etc.) I went because I wanted to talk to the guy that does the custom ear plugs. He wasn't there of course. I saw him at the Marlborough show but there was a line... . Anyone know who that guy is? Any experience with his product?

ETA: And there was no AC... you've been warned.

There is AC in the bar area.

I saw primers and custom ear plugs.

As far as the show itself, I thought it was ok. I scored 2 mags I've been searching for, and of course jerky. Then stopped off at the Springfield Armory.

Prices are coming down for bulk ammo and some guns/gear which is a good thing.

Went at 9
first show for me in many years. Purchased $250 of books for garands, m1s and 1911 some out of print at great prices. Only other thing I bought was 2 new ruger 10/22 magazines at a great price.
Thought The Handgun prices I saw were at or below some local area store prices .
did anyone happen to see the savage russian lend lease 1928a1 tommy gun On display? Saw it then30 minutes later couldn't find it again. That is a big (really big)dollar item if authentic...pretty cool.

I went because I wanted to talk to the guy that does the custom ear plugs. He wasn't there of course. I saw him at the Marlborough show but there was a line... . Anyone know who that guy is? Any experience with his product?

No experience with his product, but here's his info:
www.hearsafe-usa.com
Michael Maal
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom