Gun show West Lebanon February 17,18

ChrisNH

Dealer
NES Member
This show is located at the Fireside Inn in West Lebanon, NH, directly off I-89. It has many different vendors that don't make it as far south as Concord. 125 tables.
60 miles north of Concord on I-89.
I will be set up at this show with "new" items for sale including affordable surplus 7.62x51, Spanish and Malaysian. Also, 5.7x28, and 17HMR, collectible 22lr and shootable 22's.
Last year the weather was "perfect" going north on 89. Watch the weather, as 89 can be quite dangerous in bad weather.

I usually attend this show, and have plans to do do this year. One let down is that it looks like the days of the White River Jct.,VT shows are done. The owner of the promotion has gotten ill, and it doesn't look like anyone has picked up the torch.

I usually attend this show, and have plans to do do this year. One let down is that it looks like the days of the White River Jct.,VT shows are done. The owner of the promotion has gotten ill, and it doesn't look like anyone has picked up the torch.

That's too bad as that was half the fun of driving up there.

I will be there working for Stoneagle.

I'll have some 80% lowers (4 sold, one left), Malaysian 7.62x51 (sold), AR500 3/8" targets (some left), among other things.

Last edited:
Just checked the Green Mountain Gun Show Trail website, and it appears that the gentleman who ran the promotion passed away recently. There was no further information regarding any resumption of the shows, which doesn't bode well for the future.

Ok! Sold out show! A lot of gun dealers. 3 ammunition dealers, ammo can dealer, knife dealers. The weather is going to be sunny but cold! Only 60 miles north of Concord, NH. It'll be too cold to do honey do lists, just come to the gun show!

Just checked the Green Mountain Gun Show Trail website, and it appears that the gentleman who ran the promotion passed away recently. There was no further information regarding any resumption of the shows, which doesn't bode well for the future.

Bill Borchers' sons and family members are in the process of retrenching. I'm told they do intend to keep the Green Mountain Gun Show Trail shows going but need a bit of time to get started.

Bill was a good guy and I'm going to miss him. Seeing him sitting on that little electric wheeled chair like Patton in his jeep always made me grin.

William E. Borchers, age 68, passed away at home on Dec 1, 2017. He was born in Worcester on Nov. 4, 1949 to William and Jeanne (Lavigne) Borchers. He grew up in Chicopee. He was active with the Boy Scout Troop 132 and received the Eagle Scout Award. After graduating from Chicopee High School, William served in the US Air Force during the Vietnam War. Later he studied fire service at STCC and worked as a fireman on the Chicopee Fire Dept. He authored a column entitled “Outdoors with the MOONMAN” for The Chicopee Herald. After moving to Vermont, he owned and operated Green Mountain Gun & Knife Show. His passion was for the wilds and the water.

He leaves his fiance of 19 years, Lianne Hayward and his two step sons, Ryan and Jamie Hayward, his mother Jeanne (Lavigne) Borchers, his son Jeffery Borchers and his partner, Michelle Holmes of Agawam; his daughter Carolyn Borchers and her partner, David Brunelle of South Hadley; 3 sisters Pamela J. Schuerer and her partner Stephen Collen of Deerfield, MA, Deborah Bozek and her husband Donald of Southampton and Nancy Budd and her husband Robert of Chicopee. He also leaves his beloved grandchildren, Ryan and Kayla Borchers, Max and Charlie Anischik and Jade Hayward; and many extended family and friends.

Bill's family would like to express their deepest appreciation to Dr. Barbara Dalton for going above and beyond in the treatment of him and his disease, COPD. Calling hours will be held on the morning of the funeral, Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017 from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. at the Grise Funeral Home 280 Springfield St. Chicopee, MA followed by a Memorial Mass in Holy Name of Jesus Parish in Assumption Church located at 104 Springfield St. Chicopee at 11:00 a.m. Burial will take place on Monday, Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at the MA Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 1390 Main St. Agawam, MA. For online condolences, please visit www.GriseFH.com.

Published in The Republican on Dec. 6, 2017

FWIW, NEACA is adding more shows in Vermont; there'll be one on March 3 & 4 in Rutland at the usual place.

Complete, utter, and total waste of time and money. Total spent at the venue was $8.00 to get in, $5.00 for some brass, for a grand total of $13.00. Shitty Chinese Knife Vendors; prices on guns and ammo back to FR.

I would like to thank ALL of the customers who attended the show and bought ammo from me. I don't quite know what is considered FR pricing. We as vendors spend a lot of money to attain product, pay for hotel rooms, and pay to travel to distant gun show locations. The moment customers stop coming to the gun shows, is when gun shows will effectively end. We as vendors don't come for your pleasure. We would like to make money to pay for our living. We are not giving away the products we bring. If you want Flea Market/Yard Sale pricing, stay away from gun shows.

Last edited:
I would like to thank ALL of the customers who attended the show and bought ammo from me. I don't quite know what is considered FR pricing. We as vendors spend a lot of money to attain product, pay for hotel rooms, and pay to travel to distant gun show locations. The moment customers stop coming to the gun shows, is when gun shows will effectively end. We as vendors don't come for your pleasure. We would like to make money to pay for our living. We are not giving away the products we bring. If you want Flea Market/Yard Sale pricing, stay away from gun shows.

Could not disagree more. In my years going to Gun Shows,(I am 51 and have been attending them since 1986), Gun Shows have transformed from a great place to root around and find bargains, to what they are today. Speaking personally, I sell on Gun Broker, and do 2 shows a year. I offer up great stuff at great prices. When vendors sell ammo and reloading items at 80-100% above retail, and then complain about money for inventory, travel, lodging, etc., it falls on deaf ears here. Last I checked, we live in America, not Communist China, and we are a capitalist country. Times have changed, the Internet exists, and people have no loyalty. It is sad, but true. Were I a vendor who did more than a couple shows, I'd adjust my business practices to the environment, or call it quits. When I do shows, I engage people, and don't sit there with a sour puss and a F**k You attitude, looking as if I'd rather be getting a colonoscopy with a dryer hose as opposed to being at the venue. In an environment where sales are taking place, I go there to sell, not sit on my ass with my arms crossed, complaining that customers won't pay me 3 times retail for a 30 year old box of .22LR ammo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom