Gun Show Wilmington March 4th and 5th

johnnymac101

NES Member
The show isn't new, ad know the billboard is, at least the billboard owner allowed it. I hope Maura sees it Everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GUN SHOW at Shriner's Auditorium 3/4 and 3/5

I saw the digital billboard on 93 North advertising the show, that has to be new! Big yellow letters on a red background... sign of the times?

Here's your $1 off coupon: http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/library/all-coupon w-background.gif
Flyer: http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/wil/17WILMINGTON FLYER MAR 17.pdf

I got there around 10:45. Pretty crowded today. There was a line to get in but it went fast. The aisles were very crowded. Usual vendors. One vendor had 500rd cases of .223 for $150. Ammo prices in general seemed a bit high. I picked up a few odds and ends. My buddy got some ammo. There was a vendor with the new 22lr Garand for $750. Tombstone had a very nice CMP Garand but it was out of my price range at $1398. Not a bad way to kill a few hours.

Went there today as well, not looking for anything in particular, bought a new Gadsden hat for $10, couple of brass brushes for $2.00 ea. Poked and prodded through a boat load of mil surp. Spent 3 hrs. Looked at all the overpriced ammo as you walk in the door and chuckled as now almost all is available from my LGS for 1/3 less. Did find some 10rd. 9mm 1911 mags. for $15/ea but they weren't o/e Colt so I passed . About the same as usual. Leather guy was in the same spot. Jerky lady was up against the far wall. Not much new. *** AND I printed out a dozen or so coupons as I printed the 4 I needed, handed them out while waiting in the line, my good deed for the day.

Last edited:
$35 Glock mags. 10 rd. LOL.

I just had to ask myself why I even bother.

The only thing remotely interesting was one guy had some Cerro Forge 80% lowers. Of course he wanted $85.

At least the parking was free.

$35 Glock mags. 10 rd. LOL.

I just had to ask myself why I even bother.

The only thing remotely interesting was one guy had some Cerro Forge 80% lowers. Of course he wanted $85.

At least the parking was free.
Yeah, I sure didn't find any bargains or interesting collectibles today, but it may have been partly my own fault since I arrived kind of late. I should have passed on this show. It's getting to the point where even the bigger shows (Marlboro & Wilmington) aren't worth attending for other than the entertainment value (whatever that may be worth to you personally).

I thought prices were supposed to drop with the election of President Trump instead of Hitlery. When is the big savings coming??? [thinking]

I thought prices were supposed to drop with the election of President Trump instead of Hitlery. When is the big savings coming??? [thinking]

WRKO was running radio ads for the show for the last two weeks during the Howie Carr Show.

"the best selection of antique and modern firearms, at the best possible prices"

[rofl]

Went to this show today. There were no real deals at the show. I was looking for Mossberg 500 or a Maverick 88. There was nothing that was even close to the prices at Dick's on either. One booth wanted $300 for the Maverick and not of the 500's was under $330. My buddy was looking for an M&P Shield and although there were some decent prices on those (and the LC9) they still weren't as good as at least one shop that is within 10 miles of the show. One guy actually said "we have the best prices" and I'm looking at a Shield right in front of me that he wanted over $500 for. That's absurd. Don't these guys know that there's this thing called the internet and you can look up the going rates on anything? I bought a folding knife for $20 and when I got home I just checked online, same knife $15.

Went to this show today. There were no real deals at the show. I was looking for Mossberg 500 or a Maverick 88. There was nothing that was even close to the prices at Dick's on either. One booth wanted $300 for the Maverick and not of the 500's was under $330. My buddy was looking for an M&P Shield and although there were some decent prices on those (and the LC9) they still weren't as good as at least one shop that is within 10 miles of the show. One guy actually said "we have the best prices" and I'm looking at a Shield right in front of me that he wanted over $500 for. That's absurd. Don't these guys know that there's this thing called the internet and you can look up the going rates on anything? I bought a folding knife for $20 and when I got home I just checked online, same knife $15.

Big waste of time and money when you can all this at your LGS.

[FONT=&quot]GUNS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ruger LC9S $299.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Beretta Storm $644.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ruger SR22 3.5 inch barrel Model 3600 $294.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ruger SR22 4.5 inch barrel Model 3620 $294.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ruger 10/22 take down with case Model 11100 $299.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IWI Tavor SAR 5.56 $1699.99 cash [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]AMMO[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1000 Rounds Remington 223 55 grain FMJ/BT $309.99 cash[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9mm 115 Grain Blazer Brass box of 50 $9.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9mm 115 Grain Federal box of 50 $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9mm 115 Grain Federal Box of 100 $23.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]45 ACP Aguila 230 grain box of 50 $15.99
22 LR High Velocity Aguila 500 rounds $34.99
380 Auto Remington 500 rounds in ammo can $119.99
12 Gauge Estate 250 round case, assorted shot sizes and Drams $49.99 cash.
40 S&W Federal HST 165 grain HP box of 50 $20.99

[/FONT]

Did you stop by and see Glenn from Glenn's Reloading ? He always has Moozie 500's on special at the show. I saw him there and said Hi . Wasn't looking at shoties today so I didn't notice what he had.

Last edited:
I didn't see anything under $330 for the 500. I would've paid anything under $300. Dick's and Walmart will sale them around that. Really what I want is 28 inch and 20 or 18.5 inch barrels. So I would pay around $400 for the 500 or $300 for the Maverick but I didn't see anything close to that. As a matter of fact I saw a few Mavericks priced near $300 which is a complete and total ripoff. That gun is $219 at Dicks full retail.

When Trump announces that state and local officials have no authority altering the 2nd amendment then ill go to gun shows again, for now I'll get beef jerky at my local variety store.

Was it me or did the width of the aisles seem wider than usual. I thought there was a lot of space there.

I noticed Pete's wasn't there with their big table of guns, Georgia Optics hasn't been to any of the shows in about a year now. The wall on the right next to the leather guy was completely empty. It just seems like fewer and fewer dealers are going to the shows.

Was it me or did the width of the aisles seem wider than usual. I thought there was a lot of space there.

I noticed Pete's wasn't there with their big table of guns, Georgia Optics hasn't been to any of the shows in about a year now. The wall on the right next to the leather guy was completely empty. It just seems like fewer and fewer dealers are going to the shows.

If dealers can't sell ARs, AKs or Glocks, a lot of dealers won't bother with the expense of doing gun shows (table costs, hotels & meals for helpers/themselves, etc.) in MA. And you can expect a good number of dealers to shut their doors permanently due to lack of revenue (which is Maura's wet dream) while this is litigated over the next 3-5 years.

Sure seemed that way also. Not sure what I expected having been less than impressed with the last several shows and left after one lap, nothing I was interested in. And two or three tables of a guy selling gem stones???

Talked to one of the vendors whom I'm friendly with, he does the show circuit and has a local store and asked how it was, said yesterday was busy when they first opened but it fizzled out pretty quick. Was there from 10-11 today pretty light crowd IMO which he seemed to agree with.

Pretty sad watching people purchase shields at 500 bucks and bodyguards at 400 when you can go a town over and and purchase them WAY cheaper . Overheard one vendor telling potential customers he was a firearms instructor and urges everyone to never carry chambered

Pretty sad watching people purchase shields at 500 bucks and bodyguards at 400 when you can go a town over and and purchase them WAY cheaper . Overheard one vendor telling potential customers he was a firearms instructor and urges everyone to never carry chambered ��

I don't recall seeing any $500 shields. I saw 45 shields for $479. The cheapest 40 was $429 and the cheapest 9mm was $379 and it was listed as a "show special". The guy to the right as you walked in, along the bleachers, was advertising "buy a gun I pay the tax" and his shield in 9mm was $439, which I believe is list price.

I saw a lot of women handling guns and some were asking pretty basic questions that you would expect from a new shooter or newly licensed so I would think that many of the sales are driven by less experienced and new shooters rather than the seasoned person who knows the market. Probably some purchases by people who feel intimated by visiting a LGS thinking that the staff would not be as friendly as they would be in a larger venue like the show.

Just my 3 cents.

Last edited:
I picked up some CCI primers for $32/1000 and over paid for a talon grip for my G43 instead of ordering it on eBay and waiting for it. As about as expected..... meh. still killed some time browsing and there are worse ways I could have killed a couple of hours.

Nope...............Pete's wasn't there. There was a show last weekend in Sturbridge, one this weekend in Wilmington, and another next weekend in Springfield. We chose NOT to do any of those three except the Big E show as three in a row is overkill, and prevents us from taking care of our local customers as we travel to the shows. And, when we figure the cost of doing the show, and add in the cost of business lost due to the days being closed at the brick and mortar store, it makes the gun shows be much less lucrative, and in some cases actually a losing proposition, as the two days we close to do gun shows, Friday and Saturday, are normally our best days of the week in the shop. It all boils down to the bottom line, and as the promoter squeezes more and more shows into a given period of time, they lose their appeal, to sellers AND buyers. Years ago, I felt that the promoters were killing the golden goose by putting too many shows in too short a period of time, and in too close physical proximity to each other. And bear in mind, the promoter does not give a care in the world if the sellers don't sell a nickel's worth of guns, as long as they get their gate, table rental, electrical cost payment and internet fees. THAT is why they have discontinued some shows, as they did not get THEIR nickel's worth. I feel that is showing itself right now. We appreciate all of the great friends we have met at the gun shows over the years, but we also have a long standing loyalty to our local customers, and taking three weekends in a row to travel to shows, just does not work for us right now, as we do much better at home. We WILL be at the Big E however, and will also be at both of the Marlboro shows. Thank you to all of our great customers! Tom @ Pete's.

Last edited:
Nope...............Pete's wasn't there. There was a show last weekend in Sturbridge, one this weekend in Wilmington, and another next weekend in Springfield. We chose NOT to do any of those three except the Big E show as three in a row is overkill, and prevents us from taking care of our local customers as we travel to the shows. And, when we figure the cost of doing the show, and add in the cost of business lost due to the days being closed at the brick and mortar store, it makes the gun shows be much less lucrative, and in some cases actually a losing proposition, as the two days we close to do gun shows, Friday and Saturday, are normally our best days of the week in the shop. It all boils down to the bottom line, and as the promoter squeezes more and more shows into a given period of time, they lose their appeal, to sellers AND buyers. Years ago, I felt that the promoters were killing the golden goose by putting too many shows in too short a period of time, and in too close physical proximity to each other. And bear in mind, the promoter does not give a care in the world if the sellers don't sell a nickel's worth of guns, as long as they get their gate, table rental, electrical cost payment and internet fees. THAT is why they have discontinued some shows, as they did not get THEIR nickel's worth. I feel that is showing itself right now. We appreciate all of the great friends we have met at the gun shows over the years, but we also have a long standing loyalty to our local customers, and taking three weekends in a row to travel to shows, just does not work for us right now, as we do much better at home. We WILL be at the Big E however, and will also be at both of the Marlboro shows. Thank you to all of our great customers! Tom @ Pete's.
Thanks very much Tom. Great explanation and just confirming what most of us already know. That said, you might consider keeping your shop open during the shows if you find you are losing too much local business. Several shops I'm aware of manage to do that.

I can certainly see you skipping the new smaller shows, but I did miss you not being at Wilmington. Sounds like I wasn't the only one. Unfortunately, West Springfield is not happening for me. It's never been worth the effort unless, I suppose, you live in that area. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom