gun storage

I swapped out my water heater for a hybrid when it died.
Costs about the same as running a dehumidifier 24/7/365 in the basement so hot water is essentially free.

I also have a sump pump that runs for most of the year.

Not following... does a hybrid help dehumidify? Are you talking about an on-demand water heater?

Sump pump runs most of the year? Do you live behind the dykes in Holland? Lol

Not following... does a hybrid help dehumidify? Are you talking about an on-demand water heater?

A hybrid "heat pump" water heater does work as a dehumidifier, requires a condensate drain. Some models can even have ducted inputs/outputs so you can get some use out of the cool dry air (draw from behind the fridge, exhaust to the walk-in pantry?)

French drain the down spouts if it isn’t done already.
Directing water away from the foundation should improve it.
4" corrugated drains taking downspouts 10' from the foundation do a lot towards drying out a basement cheap
Downspout adapter - $4
10' solid pipe - $14
10' perforated pipe - $14
4" pop-up emitter - $20

10' of solid, 5' of perforated then a pop-up works great.

Hybrid water heater uses a heat pump to pull heat from the basement - it's essentially an A/C run in reverse.
So just like an A/C it produces cold, dehumidifier air on the cold side (basement).
Awesome in the summer but the basement gets real cold in the winter.

The Segregansett river pretty much starts on my land so the water table is not too far below my basement floor.

Back
Top Bottom