• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

gun stores around Laconia, NH

Hey guys,

I'm heading up to Laconia later this week for motorcycle bike week. What are a few good gun shops in that area. I'm looking at picking up reloading supplies and possibly a bottom eject shotgun.

Thanks
Jones

Last edited:
There is a few of them. If your coming in from Tilton there is one off main street it used to be called Martells. That is a pretty good shop. They have the most Winchesters 94's pre 64 that I have ever seen. I'll get the name. I think there is also one called Belmont firing range. I think at one point the guy from Manchester firing range owned it. Also if you bypass Tilton and drive to the Meredith on the way through New Hampton you'll drive pass Ab's Awesome Armament. That's an okay store, and he knows what he can sell to ma residents, which isn't always the case with gun shops in the sticks.

Also, I think its called Franks Firearms? idk, I just saw it in downtown meredith saturday for the first time.

ETA: Confirmed- Franks Firearms, 23 Main St, Meredith, NH
Maybe a minute and a half from Laconia (Meredith) Harley Davidson

Last edited:
Also, I think its called Franks Firearms? idk, I just saw it in downtown meredith saturday for the first time.

ETA: Confirmed- Franks Firearms, 23 Main St, Meredith, NH
Maybe a minute and a half from Laconia (Meredith) Harley Davidson

This was not the one I was thinking about the one I was thinking about is in Laconia. I guess its called Uncle Ralphs Gun Shop now. I grew up in Laconia and that store has never changed, but the name has changed a bunch of times, and very sadly to say so hasn't the service. Still a good shop though for Winchester 94's

I say you go to Rileys in Hooksett is probably the biggest in the area. Skips in Bristol is also pretty good. Then you have Martell's (Ham Slam says Uncle Ralph's) in Laconia. You also have Abe's Awsome Armament in New Hampton He is not very big. And Franks in Meredith, also not very big. There is also Lewis arms in Bow NH. Hit Rileys in Hooksett then come north about 20 minutes and hit Lewis arms. Go north to Bristol and see Skips then head west to Abe's and Franks after that head into Laconia and see Martells(to me). That should spend all of your money and make for a nice ride.

There aren't too many in the Laconia/Tilton/Gilford/Meredith area. Martels is a decent bait and gun shop but I've found their prices a little high. Belmont Range is gonna be the biggest in the area with a good selection of everything. Franks in Meredith last I visited was a small in the town area with the waterfall. That's about it that I'm aware of.

I don't have an answer to your question but I though you'd enjoy this story.

20 years ago I was at bike week which then was a weekend. I went into a gun shop, saw a 16ga SXS, bought it wrapped it in paper and strapped it to my Harley and rod through Wiers Beach, no one stopped me or said a word.

if you get off exit 20 in tilton and head to the weirs that way, there's a pawn shop on the left. I'm sorry I dont remember the name, but there's one room (on the right of the store) that's just guns. I picked up a couple deals there a few years back

Just got back from Laconia bike week. Friday it rained but the rest of the long weekend was good (Thur - Sun). I went to Abe's Awesome Armaments on Rt 104. They didn't have much there for reloading equipment. It's a really small place but the guy working there was really nice and suggested places to go to get stuff. Per his recommendation, I went to Skip's Sport Shop on Lake Street in Bristol. Skip's had a good selection of reloading supplies at a good price. I picked up a box of Federal primers (1000) for $34.50. I also went to Belmont Firearms & Range in Belmont but they didn't have any reloading equipment. On the way home I went to Riley's Sports Shop in Hooksett and picked up another box of Federal primers for $34.98. You can't beat Riley's, they have everything and a ton of long guns you can touch (hold).

Back
Top Bottom