Gun Trusts Mass (non NFA)

I searched and only found one thread with two posts. I'm interested in starting a gun trust for me and a couple extended family members. I'm trying to protect us from confiscation due to divorce or legal issues that may happen in the future. Had a friend that got his Firearms taken away in a messy divorce. I also really just want to make it easier to transfer between us if one of us passes. Has anyone done this in Mass for non NFA items? Is it worth the lawyer fees? If somebody in the trustworth to get a DUI or something, would it protect their firearms from confiscation? Just trying to get a feel for it before I start paying a lawyer. Thanks for any help!

In MA, a trust can not "own" guns, therefore any action against a LTC holder means guns get confiscated.

You can check with an attorney on NES, but it is my understanding that you really can't do this in MA.

if they are registered they are owned by the state corporation MA. everything you register is owned by them. even you car is owned by them. even if you have a title. they have the MCO. you dont own anything that you register.

What if
In MA, a trust can not "own" guns, therefore any action against a LTC holder means guns get confiscated.

You can check with an attorney on NES, but it is my understanding that you really can't do this in MA.
What if it's a NH trust, and the guns are stored in MA and someone has dual residency (based on federal standards) in MA and NH?

It doesn’t matter. You LTC and all CAPS name is owned by a trust that was given to you when you were born. The federal government and state government are the trustee they own you. You as a man don’t have a LTC it belongs to your all CAPS name trust.

It doesn’t matter. You LTC and all CAPS name is owned by a trust that was given to you when you were born. The federal government and state government are the trustee they own you. You as a man don’t have a LTC it belongs to your all CAPS name trust.
Oh boy. Here we go…

Best bet if you think you have a messy divorce coming is to transfer all your firearms to an FFL until it is all over, keep records and put the records in your safe.

Back
Top Bottom