• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunman at Harvard (Smith Campus Center)

It was much ado about nothing, I got an alert, and literally 2 mins later the guy was captured.

-Mike

I find this incredibly offensive!

did they ask the alleged perp if they self identify as a man? Do they know this indivual’s preferred pronouns? Who are these police to assume this person is male?

seems pretty transphobic to me.

I spoke to a friend who is a Cambridge cop. They said the call they got on the radio was of a "mixed race" male.

So they give reasonable descriptions to the officers. But sanitize what they give to the public, lest anyone be triggered.

Here is the crazyness. I live 3 miles from Harvard Square. I was on my bike last year and was nearly killed by a woman who cut across 3 lanes of traffic to grab a parking space, all while talking with her phone on her ear.

I went on my town's facebook page, looking to call out the C$%T who nearly made a widow out of my wife. I was pissed.

I described her as a "30ish year old Asian woman in a Grey Porsche Macan".

I figured that would single out who this person was to anyone who knew her. How many porsche macans are there in my town where the Subaru Forester is the prferred car??

Since asians make upu 10% of our population and women are roughly half that, by adding the descriptor asian woman, I reduced the chance of a false match by a factor of 20.

Wouldn't you know I was verbally assaulted for perpetuating the racial stereotype of asians as bad drivers!!!!. Its insanity.

I guess there was a dude with a gun and a female with another gun. I am puzzled though by "a possible person with a gun". Like a humanoid with a gun I guess.

I spoke to a friend who is a Cambridge cop. They said the call they got on the radio was of a "mixed race" male.

So they give reasonable descriptions to the officers. But sanitize what they give to the public, lest anyone be triggered.

Here is the crazyness. I live 3 miles from Harvard Square. I was on my bike last year and was nearly killed by a woman who cut across 3 lanes of traffic to grab a parking space, all while talking with her phone on her ear.

I went on my town's facebook page, looking to call out the C$%T who nearly made a widow out of my wife. I was pissed.

I figured that would single out who this person was to anyone who knew her. How many porsche macans are there in my town where the Subaru Forester is the prferred car??

Since asians make upu 10% of our population and women are roughly half that, by adding the descriptor asian woman, I reduced the chance of a false match by a factor of 20.

Wouldn't you know I was verbally assaulted for perpetuating the racial stereotype of asians as bad drivers!!!!. Its insanity.
[/QUOT

How dare you!

Quick, everyone assume the fetal position and cry. Blow the rape whistle if you see the bad man.

Next time stop, take a pic of the person and post it. Will save you a lot of trouble.

She must have had her four-way flashers on giving her right of way.

/SARC

Surprised you weren’t banned . Sjw mods are delicate and perpetually offended.

I guess there was a dude with a gun and a female with another gun. I am puzzled though by "a possible person with a gun". Like a humanoid with a gun I guess.
He was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. He lifted his shirt. The gun was not touched and never left his wasitband and he got charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. Over charge much?

He was from Dorchester and the woman with him from Lynn. Definitely lost...

He was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. He lifted his shirt. The gun was not touched and never left his wasitband and he got charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. Over charge much?

He was from Dorchester and the woman with him from Lynn. Definitely lost...
No as long as someone is placed in fear by the gun that's assault by means arguably. When it's really strange it's when there isn't any weapon at all but the victim thinks there is like the old finger in the jacket pocket routine.

No as long as someone is placed in fear by the gun that's assault by means arguably. When it's really strange it's when there isn't any weapon at all but the victim thinks there is like the old finger in the jacket pocket routine.

Would you really be willing to gamble that that wasn't a gun? I wouldn't. As long as a reasonable person would have a reasonable fear that their assailant had a weapon, then it's "assault with a deadly/dangerous weapon".

A crime of "feeling" as opposed to a crime of action of fact. non-crime. Not arguing what is on the books...

Back
Top Bottom