• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns are on Supreme Court's agenda days after mass shootings

Massachusetts isn't with conceal carry hassles but it’s FAR better than NJ, coastal CA, NYC etc

I definitely want to see them take up the NY state pistol case and the 2 cases on non violent felons being lifetime PPs but we won’t see effects in Ma until the take up Duncan from the 9th (mag limits) or and AWB case

Massachusetts isn't with conceal carry hassles but it’s FAR better than NJ, coastal CA, NYC etc

I definitely want to see them take up the NY state pistol case and the 2 cases on non violent felons being lifetime PPs but we won’t see effects in Ma until the take up Duncan from the 9th (mag limits) or and AWB case

I don't disagree, actually, but... shhhhhhhhhhh.

If there are eight states that explicitly stand to benefit from this, and ours is one, let's just sit back and cross our fingers.

Boston and some other towns are as bad as NYC about giving unrestricted LTCs...

Boston and some other towns are as bad as NYC about giving unrestricted LTCs...

most recent I saw was 2017 where 30% of Boston’s LTCs were issued with restrictions. That’s not great but not even close to NYC where the fee is $340, many more hoops to jump through. As of 2011 there were 4,000 carry licenses in NYC most being retired cops, security guards and wealthy celebrities.
I think NJ only has 40,000 for the entire state. NJ is larger than MA yet has 10% of the carry licenses. Hawaii hasn’t issued one in 12 years or so.

MA isn’t great but there are some places where they basically have no conceal carry licenses. MA also doesn’t have binding signage, no carry in bars, etc. some southern states have a lot of restrictions about where you can carry, leftovers from 100 years of racist democrat rule after the civil war.

Also:

I have ZERO faith in SCOTUS other than Alito and Thomas. The rest are bought and paid for, especially Roberts. The Dems have the goods on him. He's rumored to have been on the Epstein Jet Manifest to Pedo Island.

"...The case had been scheduled before a shooter killed eight people at massage businesses in the Atlanta area last week and another shooter killed 10 people at a supermarket in Boulder, Colorado, on Monday...."

SCOTUS didn't want to hear about the "most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics", so why the hell would they care about the Constitution anymore?
Fun factoid - they're so cultured that they all know this quote -
they just think it doesn't apply to them:
0bd6cdec75b63f4d52cd530a3ebcb099--law-school-first-day.jpg

What about Cambridge and Salem?
I was curious, so I did some research.

NYC (2011 data) had 4,000 licenses and a population of 18,421,000. That’s 0.02% of the population. Mostly retired police.

I haven’t found the Cambridge or Salem numbers, but I would be very surprised if they were that low.

I was curious, so I did some research.

NYC (2011 data) had 4,000 licenses and a population of 18,421,000. That’s 0.02% of the population. Mostly retired police.

I haven’t found the Cambridge or Salem numbers, but I would be very surprised if they were that low.
per: Copy of Firearms Licenses Active on 07.01.20.xlsx | Mass.gov
Cambridge has:
CAMBRIDGE PDFirearms Identification Card41
CAMBRIDGE PDResident Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms1124
CAMBRIDGE PDResident License to Possess a Machine Gun5
Salem has:
SALEM PDFirearms Identification Card70
SALEM PDLicense to Sell/Rent/Lease Firearms, Rifles, Shotguns or Machine Guns1
SALEM PDResident Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms1751
SALEM PDResident License to Possess a Machine Gun4

Wow. I had no clue Salem was so bad.

I wonder whether that's the lowest percentage in the state?

Okay, so this isn’t fully accurate because it doesn’t take into account the number of people who actually try to get a license. I’m guessing Cambridge is a pretty low percentage who try.

NYC: 0.02% of population had a license to carry

Cambridge: 0.2% of residents have unrestricted based on new applicants, or 0.77% of residents have unrestricted based on renewals

Salem: ~3.78% of residents have an unrestricted LTC

Even as bad as Cambridge is, it’s 10x-38x better percentage than NYC.

I don't disagree, actually, but... shhhhhhhhhhh.

If there are eight states that explicitly stand to benefit from this, and ours is one, let's just sit back and cross our fingers.

This is not the problem, though. The problem is the left is coming for the guns. As in, you can't have them. Not "you cant carry it outside your house," but "you can't have guns anywhere."

The cases that address gun bans are the ones that need to be heard. because that's where this shit is going for the entire country.

SCOTUS doesn't want to hear 2A cases, and if they hear this one there goes our once in a decade + allowance of 2A cases. Meanwhile the left is considering just about every f***ing gun on earth an "assault weapon" that needs to be banned, along with basically any and all magazines, etc.

SCOTUS has punted just about every gun case for the last 10 years, if they pick one up now it's to f*** gun owners.

they punted because Alito, Gorsuch and Thomas didn’t trust roberts and Kennedy and didn’t want. Bad decision as case law. Kennedy was replaced by kavanaugh who ruled the AWB in DC was unconstitutional when he was on the DC circuit and roberts isn’t necessary now with Barrett replacing a certain anti 2A vote in Ginsburg

they’re going to take at least one 2A case, I think they make take the NY pistil vs NYC carry case and the Holloway/Foljartar prohibited person for non violent felony case.

Back
Top Bottom