Guns Inc. / Hot Brass Gun Shop ROBBED!!!

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member
I was out today and I remembered that a old gun shop opened up a new gun shop and shooting range...

I stopped by and the guy was real nice, walked me around the range, talked to me about what can be shot inside...
They can handle 50 BMG on the range and they have a rental gun, YEEEEE HAAAAA!!!

The gun shop was closed (Sunday) but the range was open...

I saw a sign asking for Counter Help and RSO's... So I started asking him about that...

I asked him if he had heard anything about Guns Being Stolen...

I told him that I'm a C&R FFL so I got a phone call, Text and an Email about it...

Now this FLOORED ME!!!

He said "Ya that was us"!!!

The Gun Shop is Guns Inc. / Hot Brass in WestSpringfield, MA...

He told me that there were 18 guns stolen... That the ATF was there all day and into the night Saturday and back there today (Sunday)...

I asked him if they've had any luck and he told me the the Serial Numbers for two guns have already been found in NY...

I think he said it happened between when they closed Friday night and sometime Saturday morning (he didn't say what time it happened)...

I'm sure the alarms must of gone off, I'd would guess the alarm went off... Only getting 18 guns they must of booked ass in there, grabbed the guns and ran seeing that the alarm was sounding...

Keep an eye out for that Deal That Sounds To GOOD!!!

Last edited:
I am sure theyhave a monitored alarm
But most alarms have a delay of 60 seconds to 2 mins depending then the central station gets the signal they have to call west Springfield police.
So best case 5 mins from alarm going off to cops showing but could be much more if cops are busy or if the place has a lot of false alarms cops are not going to be in a hurry.
It’s also a shitty area so cops could be busy with other serious stuff.

They barely ever have any stock there.
Someone probably made off with the rentals from that ridiculous overpriced range.

No the Range was all stocked up, they have a pretty good selection on guns, I think I even saw a few suppressed rifles...

It was the gun store/shop that was robbed...

I saw a few cases that were empty so that's most likely were the guns were taken from...

I wonder if the S/P’s went in earlier to scope out the layout. Cameras, doors, roof vents, safes etc, and maybe got them on cams.

Good chance if they did then they also checked out other local shops and may be on someone’s surveillance system, either inside the store or outside if the area is also covered.

The covid mask thing may be emboldening some dirtbags these days. I noticed at a couple different banks they are keeping their doors locked, and before opening them they were making customers look up at the surveillance cameras and remove their mask before being allowed entrance. Found it curious but smart.

I am sure theyhave a monitored alarm
But most alarms have a delay of 60 seconds to 2 mins depending then the central station gets the signal they have to call west Springfield police.
So best case 5 mins from alarm going off to cops showing but could be much more if cops are busy or if the place has a lot of false alarms cops are not going to be in a hurry.
It’s also a shitty area so cops could be busy with other serious stuff.

Ya I would bet that gun shops almost have to have monitored alarm company's in order to get insurance...

I've worked at a couple of gun shops back in the 1980's and they had monitoring alarm company's or hooked to the police station...

I had to always wait for the owner of one of the gun shops to get to the shop to open the doors and shut off the alarm, he keep saying "Oh I'm sorry for being late!!!", I said I don't care, I'm already on the clock :p... I told him to say sorry to all the guys standing waiting to buy their bait so they could get fishing... He was never on time... Same thing at closing, I told him if I was going to have to keep waiting 30 minutes to an hour after closing for him to finely show up I was just going to leave the store wide open and leave... I made him pay me for that time also...

Last edited:
Whenever I've been in theres been maybe 5 handguns for the public and then a case of glocks for police. A few long guns on the wall.

WOW that odd, there were at least 8 to 12 guns on the wall and I'd say at least 24 guns in the case to rent...

I even said that they had a good amount of rentals to him and he said "ya we try to have a good mix"...

Ya that's to rent. Which is why I said they probably got away with rentals. I'd they only got what was for sale it couldn't have been much. Especially now.

This may sound like a silly question but don’t all the firearms have to be locked up in a safe each night? I honestly don’t know but always figured that was the case.

Someone's always ripping him off. First his kid, now robbers...
I'd love to know more about that. I know she opened her own shop but I figured it was because she wanted to run a shop and not a range. I tried to order two things through them in the past with no luck. I was supposedly put on a list or something if they ever got stock.

This may sound like a silly question but don’t all the firearms have to be locked up in a safe each night? I honestly don’t know but always figured that was the case.
Legally yes. The law on "storage" has no exemptions for anyone, not dealers, not LEOs, nobody. Enforcement is another issue altogether. Some shops lock all handguns in safes but leave long guns out, some may have a locking (anti-theft type) mechanism for their long guns, but I think those dealers are few and far between.

I know I got my email from the ATF yesterday. "Waaaachout!"

That and I discovered I've had my C&R so long that they use my old Comcast email address. LOL

They were tracked by cell phone.

That sounds like a good story.

They correlated cell phone data a all their crime scenes to narrow down the suspects.

Brilliant and making crimes of this type impossible to get away with.

They were tracked by cell phone.
Think of what this indicates for the types of queries available - it's probably close to having access to all data tables from all vendors and doing an SQL query. Something like "Report all cell phones that pinged off towers near gun shop robberies within 90 miles of this location", not "report on this particular cell number's historical location for which we have a warrant".

Back
Top Bottom