Guns that never should have been discontinued

...for me is HKP7
interesting choice. if i remember correctly, when they were available, no one really liked them. that was the grip squeeze cock to shoot, designed for the west german police, after the olympic debacle, was it not? the trigger pull was outlandishly...heavy and squishy? but now, prices are through the roof. wish i had one if it's the pistol i described.

for me, the colt saa. i know it never really went away, you could get one from the custom shop, but for a crazy stupid price. they served no purpose other than being cool. the saa still counts as a modern era gun right? they made them until when...the 80's?

Is the P225A1 still in production? Also the Tavor SAR-1 felt superior to the newer X95. With a better replacement trigger, IMO the SAR-1 was the superior rifle.

Ruger 357 Maximum
DW in 360 DW

Every Safari caliber rifle CZ used to make.

Ruger Number 1 in 45/70

Winchester model 1886 in 45/90 -- Although they seem to have started production again.

Remington R51
The bean counters screwed up Remington so bad that they never got the chance to manufacture the pistol to the standard it should have been until the end of production when Remington had to go through bankruptcy.

Is the P225A1 still in production? Also the Tavor SAR-1 felt superior to the newer X95. With a better replacement trigger, IMO the SAR-1 was the superior rifle.
Have to disagree with this one. X95 is superior in every way to the SAR1. Add a Giselle lightning bow trigger and Super Sabra trigger pack, and it almost sings (in as much as a bullpup can sing). Modular front end grips with side and bottom rails. A more ergonomic mag release that will work for anyone used to AR's (and ambi). Adaptable pistol grip, allowing the swapping out of the strange cutlas pistol grip handle, etc. Charging handle that is in the middle of the rifle instead of way forward, getting in the way. I'm glad I waited as I love my X95...

Also, technically not discontinued, but no longer legal to import which makes me sad: pretty much any Russian manufactured Izhmash/Saiga AK... it shouldn't cost $3000 for a quality Russian made AK in the US. Also, Sig 556 in 7.62x39. Such a cool rifle.

Arsenal SGL-21
pix122582490.jpg

Sig 556 7..62x39
pix268893278.jpg

Last edited:
Smith and Wesson Model 52. NO! I will not sell it!

549.jpg
I want one of these someday. Sadly the run of these ended because there just aren't that many amateur bullseye shooters.....or they would have invested on the equipment to keep it going.

HK P7 and Colt snake six guns (repro Pythons don’t count)
If Ron Stewart hadn't championed for a national licensing and testing program in 1998 Americans would have kept buying their products. To add insult to it the very next ceo poured shit tons of money and resources into smart gun tech leading to even more grass roots boycott. Colt earned its demise in the late 1990s.

Back
Top Bottom