Guns you find cool just not at their price point

That's why I bought a Dan Wesson. I couldn't fathom the idea of dropping like 4k for a Nighthawk or Wilson so i stopped about halfway. $1800 is a lot easier to digest than 4 grand. Even then i still had to plan that one out....only was able to swing it after having good end of year numbers...

Same here, I’ve bought sti’s and sold them off. I love trp’s more and I think you get the best in value & function.

im a knights and lmt junkie, I personally think the price is justified since you get a lot accessories that you would put on a rifle that was cheaper. You pay the price for their innovation for their bolt, carrier, gas system, lowers, fit and finish.

that’s why I sold off my boutique rifles because they cost more than lmt or knights but kept the same options like a colt. They might add a better fit and finish or slightly better barrel than mil spec but I flet like I didn’t get my money’s worth.

So basically a skinflint thread? If you like something and you have the money, just buy it, because beating around the bush with cheaper alternatives is pointless and will cost you more in the long run. For instance, I bought a Barrett m107a1, truly an impulse buy, like $11,000.00, f***ing winced, maybe even choked a little, when I swiped my debit card, always wanted a .50bmg, wandered into my favorite shop one day and they had one in the display case...

I have not regretted it one bit, I could have bought an Armalite AR-50 because it was cheaper, then decided I didn't like it enough, sold it at a small loss, bought a Barrett bolt gun because it was better but still not super expensive, but I still would have wanted the m107, would have sold the bolt gun at another loss, plus probably lost money on various scopes and other peripherals, would have wasted literally thousands working up the balls to buy the rifle I actually wanted, but instead I bought once and slept outside in the dog kennel for only about a week instead of a week for each purchase of a gun I kind of wanted but isn't quite the one I really want, but maybe it will be close enough until I convince myself to spend another couple grand, etc. Now if you want something that's expensive but you can't afford it that's really a whole different subject, because if you could truly afford it, you wouldn't just think about it, you'd just buy it and move on,
Skinflint? Nah.

It's like saying I really wanted a $120,000 Porsche, but I bought a $40,000 Audi.

Is that being a skinflint?

I was going to post the link to the "available guns" page on sviguns.com but the four 38super or 9mm wide body compensated handguns w/Sig Romeo scopes priced at a bit over $9800 each had already sold.

What does an Infiniti Traditional go for nowadays? Say, 5", Single Stack, .45 ACP Standard Barrel. I thought they were all 4K and up? Is that still the case?

Most full size revolvers. Wicked cool but for the price of a 686 i could do a lot.

Most pistol caliber carbines. I want a fun rifle to shoot for cheap-ish. A .22 doesnt fit the bill snd i like the idea of a rifle that shares ammo and mags with my pistols. Id get a sub2k but a lot of the nicer ones defeat the purpose for me.

Most double barrel 12ga shotguns. Id like to don a tweed jacket and sling a fine sxs when i go look for pheasant and squirrel but for their price ill just take my semiauto/single along.

What does an Infiniti Traditional go for nowadays? Say, 5", Single Stack, .45 ACP Standard Barrel. I thought they were all 4K and up? Is that still the case?
That sounds about right. The open/compensated guns tend to be much pricier and one of the vapor deposition coatings is about a $500 option.

The Borchardt pistol (basically the design that pre-dated the Luger). A very interesting, 1st generation self-loading pistol. I'd love to own one someday but, despite its rarity, I don't know if I could ever justify spending 10's of thousands of dollars on one.download.png

Henry Big Boy lever-action in .357 (love the idea of using my favorite revolver cartridge in a rifle).

Alas, $900 - $1,000 is just too rich for my blood...
i was about to post about a henry lever action too....i like the concept....maybe for squirrel hunting, etc.

but i double checked and the .22 henry is only $380....so i guess it IS affordable in some models!

So basically a skinflint thread? If you like something and you have the money, just buy it, because beating around the bush with cheaper alternatives is pointless and will cost you more in the long run. For instance, I bought a Barrett m107a1, truly an impulse buy, like $11,000.00, f***ing winced, maybe even choked a little, when I swiped my debit card, always wanted a .50bmg, wandered into my favorite shop one day and they had one in the display case...

I have not regretted it one bit, I could have bought an Armalite AR-50 because it was cheaper, then decided I didn't like it enough, sold it at a small loss, bought a Barrett bolt gun because it was better but still not super expensive, but I still would have wanted the m107, would have sold the bolt gun at another loss, plus probably lost money on various scopes and other peripherals, would have wasted literally thousands working up the balls to buy the rifle I actually wanted, but instead I bought once and slept outside in the dog kennel for only about a week instead of a week for each purchase of a gun I kind of wanted but isn't quite the one I really want, but maybe it will be close enough until I convince myself to spend another couple grand, etc. Now if you want something that's expensive but you can't afford it that's really a whole different subject, because if you could truly afford it, you wouldn't just think about it, you'd just buy it and move on,
I dont think you understand what a skinflint is. But I will give you 1 out of 5 for playing.

I'd really like a Colt 1877 Bulldog Gattling Gun:

DSC01533.jpg

I'd really like a Colt 1877 Bulldog Gattling Gun:

DSC01533.jpg
So cool, but I bet it's a bitch to clean! LOL.

I guess if you can afford the 60k it costs, feeding it is probably not a problem, but it's gotta be easily $1000 per range trip.

Many are probably familiar with the Pawn Stars episode with an all original Colt Gatlin gun. ( my favorite episode). It was 100% original with the carriage and in MINT condition. The owner was asking $335k. I can't believe he actually let them shoot it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-d7BhC_Q8

Henry Big Boy lever-action in .357 (love the idea of using my favorite revolver cartridge in a rifle).

Alas, $900 - $1,000 is just too rich for my blood...

I just picked one up last week out the classifieds.
20" oct barrel, color case hardened .357. for $800.

Keep an eye out, they pop up for sale every so often

Waiting for these to hit the market and to have enough cash to buy one

Back
Top Bottom