GunSmith for Glock in MetroWest MA

jayhitek

NES Member
I am having problems with a custom Glock 17. The compensator and barrel combo causes a lot of failure to eject or wont go back into battery all the way.
I've tried messing with it myself with different spring weights and different ammo grain and went through hundreds and hundred of rounds of ammo trying to solve the problem.

I've had Tim @ Gartman and Saxonville play with it. But still having problems and they're very backlogged to look at it again.

Looking for a fresh set of eyes to tweak it.
Any other gunsmiths in the MetroWest area anyone recommends?

Dennis @ First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge used to have a Glock armorer around. Did some work for me several years ago.
Also not Metrowest.

Just sent Dave Santurri an email. I'll send the same one to Dennis.
both are like 45 mins from me. So we'll see if either wants a Glock project.
Thanks for the tip.

Dave is pretty responsive to email, and my go to smith even though I'm also in metrowest.

When you say you've messed with tons of ammo, have you tried +P+. Maybe you need more gas to work the comp and get it all working properly.

If you swap to a non-comped barrel is it working properly?

Dave is pretty responsive to email, and my go to smith even though I'm also in metrowest.

When you say you've messed with tons of ammo, have you tried +P+. Maybe you need more gas to work the comp and get it all working properly.

If you swap to a non-comped barrel is it working properly?
No to +P but i have gone from 115 to 147 grain ammo and none work any better than the other.
If I take the comp off it runs 100x better. it's the extra weight of the comp that is causing me all the problems.
But I've also had gunsmiths tell me sometimes you have to tweak the ghost trigger connector.
There's about 20 different parts that can be massaged.. I just need to find the right combo of this and that.

Some of those ghost connectors are f***ing stupid. They do weird shit to the way the gun cycles that I don't like, unless its one of the more conventional triggers.

I had a ghost rocket in my G21SF that was professionally installed and eventually ended up ripping the thing out and putting an OEM minus in there instead. The difference was not
huge in performance although the peace of mind I got by having the gun be more normal was great.

You're way better off sticking with an OEM minus or a dot connector (the 4.5 lb one) and moving on with your life.

I may do that. I didn't even think about trying it without the ghost and putting the OEM back in there..
I just may do that.
You're right though, Overall it's a dumb project. I just want it to work. It's a fun race gun with a red dot optic for when I take friends to the range. Some think it's very cool, other think it's dumb. Win win.
I am just looking for the piece of mind that when i go to shoot it, it's going to work. Instead of teaching myself the proper way to clear a jam and cycle a new round 6 times a magazine.

I'd try +P in 124gr or 147gr and also a lighter recoil spring. You need more grains to work that comp

I've been here with the comp issues. I gave up, pulled off the comp, put on a thread protector, and moved on with my life.

With a 9mm it's not honestly worth dealing with the massive headache for a minor gain.

Some of those ghost connectors are f***ing stupid. They do weird shit to the way the gun cycles that I don't like, unless its one of the more conventional triggers.

I had a ghost rocket in my G21SF that was professionally installed and eventually ended up ripping the thing out and putting an OEM minus in there instead. The difference was not
huge in performance although the peace of mind I got by having the gun be more normal was great.

You're way better off sticking with an OEM minus or a dot connector (the 4.5 lb one) and moving on with your life.
Hate to say it.. But I think you were right.
I was able to hit the range after work and swapped the ghost 3.5 with the oem dot that came with it.. And it actually ran a lot better with the factory connector and 115 grain bullets.
Only issue is that I hate the factory trigger weight compared to the ghost.

I'm going to get an oem minus and see what happens.

Fingers crossed.

Hate to say it.. But I think you were right.
I was able to hit the range after work and swapped the ghost 3.5 with the oem dot that came with it.. And it actually ran a lot better with the factory connector and 115 grain bullets.
Only issue is that I hate the factory trigger weight compared to the ghost.

I'm going to get an oem minus and see what happens.

Fingers crossed.
The 3.5 won't drop much, but it'll be better than dot. What trigger you running?

And full update. I sourced an OEM Minus connector locally and tried it out last night. Worked great. Trigger 100x better feel than the OEM Dot. And only a couple of hiccups compared to the dozens and dozens I used to get with the Ghost 3.5
I think I might try the 13 lb spring instead of the 11 and see what happens. But calling this a win.

Flavio Pellegrino, this guy usually shows up at all the local gun shows, he has done 8 or 10 glocks for me, EXCELLENT work, I think he told me he was from central Ma. I think he can be found online. If not msg. me and I will give you his number.

I may do that. I didn't even think about trying it without the ghost and putting the OEM back in there..
I just may do that.
You're right though, Overall it's a dumb project. I just want it to work. It's a fun race gun with a red dot optic for when I take friends to the range. Some think it's very cool, other think it's dumb. Win win.
I am just looking for the piece of mind that when i go to shoot it, it's going to work. Instead of teaching myself the proper way to clear a jam and cycle a new round 6 times a magazine.
Then put the Glock parts back in there!

Back
Top Bottom