Hadn't seen it posted yet - M&P Shield now with 13 rounds

I’ve wanted a 45 Shield since they were released and have bought several other pistols instead. I’ll prob jump on one of these when they are available. I shoot my 1.0 really well, I have always just wished it was slightly thicker. This seems to be the answer to that unasked question.

I do like that they got away from that god awful hinged trigger.

I joked about this when Ruger announced the Max9. I don't think they redesigned the base Shield enough to compete with the Sig P365, Springfield Hellcat, or the Max9.

I'd try one. The Shield is the worst pistol I have ever shot, whether in stock configuration or with various tweaks the owner has made. It sounds like they made some other improvements apart from just the capacity. I really can't see myself ever buying one, but I'd give it a chance to redeem itself.

Same here, I hate them

I rather carry a bag of rocks

I feel the 365xl which this directly competes with is trying to compete with a 19. Again different strokes and all that I just don't get it

Part of the market would be people with smaller hands. I cannot quite manage a solid grip on a Glock 17 or 19, so if you take them out of the equation, all the compacts and micro-compacts with higher capacities start to look pretty good. With all the new gun owners, how many have smaller hands? <insert usual nes jokes here>

Part of the market would be people with smaller hands. I cannot quite manage a solid grip on a Glock 17 or 19, so if you take them out of the equation, all the compacts and micro-compacts with higher capacities start to look pretty good. With all the new gun owners, how many have smaller hands? <insert usual nes jokes here>
I get that but there are also a billion options in the compact market that accommodate them. I just used a g19 because it's sorta the defacto standard. And I understand some of these I'm about to list are hard core gun guy stuff. Where you're correct if they're new Shooters they'll probably listen to the clerk who may or may not have a boner for something.

But you can easily get a different glock frame.

Hk
Fn
S+w
Ruger
320's
Canik
Walther

I mean you can find something there easy enough to fit your need

Before going to p80 or lone wolf frames.

And I get it 365s are good guns this shield will be a good gun. And they sell. Just seems like they are trying to get back to that compact form factor

Seems cool, but I don’t like that they still call it a shield and the other shield magazines aren’t compatible. I do like my shield but only carry it when I’m all dressed up, which is like weddings and funerals. I can shoot the shield well but it takes me some getting used to the thinner grip to get the hang of it again.

I feel like this thread is just another reinforcement of the g19 being the f150 of hand guns.

So there is a "performance model" Shield Plus with MSRP ~$900. At that point, wouldn't you rather have a Sig P365 or 365XL? It would cost less
and be a Sig P365, not a Shield. (Saying this as having owned both Shield 9mm and P365). I have been eyeing the Shield in .45, but for 9mm
the Sig has a better factory trigger pull, I don't know if any of the aftermarket Shield triggers will make any better than the Sig out of the box. and the ergonomics of the grip and slide shape and size and texture are better for me.

So there is a "performance model" Shield Plus with MSRP ~$900. At that point, wouldn't you rather have a Sig P365 or 365XL? It would cost less
and be a Sig P365, not a Shield. (Saying this as having owned both Shield 9mm and P365). I have been eyeing the Shield in .45, but for 9mm
the Sig has a better factory trigger pull, I don't know if any of the aftermarket Shield triggers will make any better than the Sig out of the box. and the ergonomics of the grip and slide shape and size and texture are better for me.

-Nothing ever sells at MSRP unless you're in some horrible douche shop.

-S&W Fanbois will not consider a Sig product. not now, not ever. since a PC gun is not an entry product, the odds of getting a fanboi buyer are much higher.

-PC Shield/whatever triggers are often improved vs the standard ones. Not that it matters because triggers arent everything. Smith still sells Smegma 9VEs, one of the worst f***ing
triggered handguns on the market. And they sell scads of those f***ing thing. [laugh]

If you've ever worked at a gun shop you will see this effect firsthand. These people will buy a BG380 over an LCP or a Glock 42 just because it has S&W emblazoned on the side of it.
I know because I have one of "those people" as a close friend. They "default" to S&W.

Wondering if the new plus mags will work in old shields. That would be a nice perk for a lot of people.

It's a space efficiency slide puzzle game they are doing to attract newbs and gun trendies. The idea being if you give potential buyers more spots to land you increase the odds of them buying one of your products. As f***ing dumb as I think the overall concept wise (eg, nobody actually needs most of this crap) from an industry/marketing/sales perspective, it works. I've seen it in action. If I owned a gun shop even pre covid I would stock as many of those things as I could afford.

Think of a friend, a car salesman loafing in an office chair during lunch time, chewing a carrot stick intermittently.... noone is in the showroom, but he is talking to you. He points out to the line of Rav4/CRV/Souls or whatever on the lot.... "See those things over there? Those are the dumbest f***ing cars on the entire lot. But I love me some crossover action...... that shit makes my paycheck. Would I ever own one? f*** no. But they sell like f***ing hotcakes. "

Experienced buyers have little interest in that stuff... well, some do, because good reasons. The people slugging down the brawndo? Woah Hoa! They want it, bad!

MUNDANO!

View attachment 462420

cue dat music

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iv-hZIPUD8

RAV4 is awesome, don’t insult my ride 😂 and I have a shield 😆

I still carry the original Shield, I got the apex trigger in it and I love it. I might consider upgrading to this new model. Great carry gun, looking at the specs it doesn’t seem to add much more to it with the double stack

-Nothing ever sells at MSRP unless you're in some horrible douche shop.

-S&W Fanbois will not consider a Sig product. not now, not ever. since a PC gun is not an entry product, the odds of getting a fanboi buyer are much higher.

-PC Shield/whatever triggers are often improved vs the standard ones. Not that it matters because triggers arent everything. Smith still sells Smegma 9VEs, one of the worst f***ing
triggered handguns on the market. And they sell scads of those f***ing thing. [laugh]

If you've ever worked at a gun shop you will see this effect firsthand. These people will buy a BG380 over an LCP or a Glock 42 just because it has S&W emblazoned on the side of it.
I know because I have one of "those people" as a close friend. They "default" to S&W.
Sigmas are excellent pistols for the price and you can swap the trigger and not feel bad when you do dumb shit to it. I like Sigmas better than I like mp's lol

Sigmas are excellent pistols for the price and you can swap the trigger and not feel bad when you do dumb shit to it. I like Sigmas better than I like mp's lol

[rofl] Swap the trigger? "Hey lets buy a known shitty gun, and poor money into it, that we could have used to just buy a better gun to begin with. "

I get it, whatever. Sigma fetish club. Cult gun. Basically, just think of Nigel holding a 9VE, and it makes sense... [rofl]

THE SUSTAIN.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrhJv4KplU4

[rofl] Swap the trigger? "Hey lets buy a known shitty gun, and poor money into it, that we could have used to just buy a better gun to begin with. "

I get it, whatever. Sigma fetish club. Cult gun. Basically, just think of Nigel holding a 9VE, and it makes sense... [rofl]

THE SUSTAIN.

But I thought they got sued because it's just a Gen 2 in S&W clothes? [troll]

THE SUSTAIN.

Lol I disagree I think they're better than m+p line. Which are even more ridiculous you need to buy a trigger for a 600 dollar gun or whatever they sell for.

Back
Top Bottom