• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ham class on North Shore

BenjaminMartin1776

NES Member
Looking to take a class on ham radio on the north shore. Everything available is way down on the south shore and currently don’t have the time for traveling and the sacrifice. Any place anyone could recommend?

The Nashua NH Ham Radio club has an online virtual zoom class this Sat & Sun.

You can take the class from the comfort of your own home with no traveling involved.

Information can be found at the link below.

Last edited:
You really don't need a class. You can do this through self study, and you can do it for free. Go to www.qrz.com become a member it is free. Once you are a member go to the practice exam section and start taking the tech practice exams. Spend 30 minuets a day doing the practice exams do not skip a day, do this for 30 days and you will be ready to pass the tech exam. Once you have gotten your tech licence do the same thing to get the general licence. The tech licence doesn't have enough privlidges you really need the general. 30 minuets a day for 30 days of unbroken practice exams you will be prepared to pass the exams. Don't get discouraged at first the practice exam scores will get better. Once you are hitting 95 percent you are ready this usually takes 30 days at 30 minuets a day. I do not suggest more the 30 minuets a day this may become overload and actually be counter productive. The other thing you should do if you are serious about getting your licence is to get a copy of Ham Radio for Dummies. Read and reread until you have an understanding. Look up additional information on the things you do not understand or ask another ham. If you have questions PM me I will give you my phone number.

You can check out Ham Test Online. It's not a free course, but is is set up well. You can learn just the basics you will need to pass any of the exams, but it also allows you to dig as deeply into each question/topic as your heart desires.

One more piece of advice (which doesn't answer the original question, though): if you're looking to do the exam online (which is almost the only option right now, although there are a few groups doing them in person), hamstudy.org has a much more complete list of exam sessions than the ARRL web page.

Back
Top Bottom