Ham License Classes this fall

FYI, Nashua (NARC, The Nashua Area Radio Club) has posted its license class schedule.

Technician: Sat/Sun 24-25 September
General: Sat/Sun 22-23 October
Extra: FRI/Sat/Sun 2-3-4 December

All will be at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock medical building, 2300 Southwood Dr, Nashua. Classes start at 8:00am each day.

Class fee is $30 plus book and exam fees for the Technician or General, $40 plus book and exam fees for the Extra.

Each class concludes with administration of the FCC exam on Sunday afternoon. (This is an open, all license-class exam session.)

These classes are EXAM PREP and are based on PRE-STUDY of the WB6NOA license manuals. They do cover every question in each of the respective pools, though--concentrating on explanation of subjects folks are having trouble with.

See www.N1FD.org for more info. Please contact Anita Kemmerer, AB1QB via [email protected] to register and for more information about the classes.

So what's the REAL cost of this?? Putting "plus book and exam fees" is bullsheet to me... Give me the total cost, or what the other items run so I KNOW what the total is going to be. For all I know, it could be another $10, or another $200...

Cool - gonna get my Extra. I was gonna study up for Extra on a 10 day August cruise vacation, but now I think I'll focus on learning Morse 15wpm.

Just finished the class. Been wanting to do it for a very long time.

Great instructors, great information. They had set ups of rigs, lots of onsite visual operating radio + component set-up info.

Would def. recommend this class to others (I think they do 2 per year, with the other one in the spring. They've had about 70-something classes with only 1 person not passing the test).

I passed the Tech. test, and will be taking the Oct. General class and test.

Last edited:
Just an update.

I took the general class in October and then the test and I was fortunate enough to pass.

I'm going to take the
extra class and then that test in the beginning of December. This one is going to be a very, very tough one.

I would definitely
recommend these classes and the club to anyone interested.

the Nashua Club is absolutely outstanding, with some top notch members.

Last edited:
Woo....Hooo!

I did it! I took the extra class test and passed this weekend!!

In September I had no ham license of any kind, and have been fortunate enough to be able to go from "nothing", to Extra in 3 months.
Really Great classes. I would NOT have been able to do it without the classes.

BTW, i'm taking donations for an Icom 7300.....

[smile] JK.

Last edited:
Congrats, just took the General today in Nashua and aced it. Been about three weeks since I got my Technician. Looking for a setup to go in the Jeep still.

Guys, congrats on the upgrades![party]

NHcraigT, going from zero to Extra in 3 months doesn't happen very often. That's quite an achievement! Be proud.

Rubicon, if you aced the General the Extra probably won't be that tough. And you've been a ham for only 3 weeks?!?!

Both you guys are fast learners!

Thanks all, always been a fast learner.
When I took the General right after the initial Technician test without having even looked at any of the practice questions I got 24 of the needed 26 right. I work in electro-mechaincal systems so electrical portions of the tests were easy, the rules and what the baud rates were was the stuff I had to learn. That said, I didn't do great on the Extra today, there was electrical stuff in there that I'd never even seen before.

Back
Top Bottom