Ham radio directory - NEW FEATURE - PLEASE READ POST #16 EVEN IF YOU ARE IN IT!

Hi all,

The topic came up in the main ham radio thread and some seemed to like it, so here we go:

Fill out this form: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGV1SkF2ODRTS2xtSzZPM09aR083YWc6MA

I'll check your info and email you back a link to the file. This way there will be a modicum of privacy for those concerned about it. The link will only be sent to NES Green members with valid/current call signs.

By participating you agree to maintain the privacy of the directory, and if you don't we'll all call you bad names and even go so far as to give you the dreaded "neg rep". So, as you can see we are very serious about maintaining privacy.

Matt

PLEASE SEE POST #16 EVEN YOU ALREADY PUT YOUR INFO IN. A NEW FEATURE WAS ADDED.

Last edited:
Done,
Haven't been active with it for quite some time (other life things eating up the time etc), so the "where I'm operating" business is currently blank.

Matt, I just passed my Extra yesterday.... How do you want to handle updates to the database? Should I just fill out a new one with duplicate info except for the change?

wow, we're up to 30 people. That's more than I thought there would be in total on here and there's at least 5 more I know of that haven't entered their info!

New database feature added:

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY ENTERED THEIR INFO IN THE DATABASE:

I have added an optional field for your address (can be as vague as town and state, or as specific as your numbered street address). From this data a Google map is created that displays icons showing members who choose to explicitly share this data (I say explicitly because of course your address is available with a simple search of the ULS - this just eliminates a step). Note that the text of your address entry will NOT be displayed in the spreadsheet.

If you would like to update your info so that you will be on the map go here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHo4U3VRNjhaQ3JkaDJwcl8zcnJlWWc6MA (Enter just your address and call - I will manually update the database)

If you have not put yourself in the database at all and want to be added just go here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGV1SkF2ODRTS2xtSzZPM09aR083YWc6MA (now includes the option to list an address).

Why did I do this:

1) Primarily, because I'm off work today, my wife and daughter are sick, and I'm bored...
2) 'Cause I could

FYI: if you want to update your entry, it's easier for everyone if you just PM me the changes.

BTW, we're up to 35 people in the directory... that's more than I expected!

Some stat's from regarding NES hams:

License distribution:
chart

Modes operated:
chart

And bands operated:
chart

Last edited:
LOL! That's great!!

Lest anyone think I spent effort actually making those charts, google does it for you. I'm not quite that much of a geek.

When I try to pull up the map...I keep getting an error that says, "Stack Overflow Line 30."

what browser? Works fine in Firefox. Haven't tried IE. I'm at work now and the IS gods declare google docs evil so I can't try it.

Damnit! So, I was full with PMs yesterday. So, I was cleaning out my Sent Items...and I wasn't paying attention and actually also cleaned out all my Inbox.

So, I no longer have this link. Is there anyone that can resend it to me?

Back
Top Bottom