Ham Radio In The News

When I was a teenager, right before the FCC loosened the restrictions, I wanted to get licensed, but the morse code requirement kept me from doing it, and I wasn't interested in the technician restricted bands. I bet the loosening of the requirements for morse code really helped bump the numbers up.

Definitely. Once they loosen the requirement to have a vehicle slathered in antennas I bet they'll get even more licensees.

Definitely. Once they loosen the requirement to have a vehicle slathered in antennas I bet they'll get even more licensees.

Not sure what "requirement" this is. [rofl] It is if you want to run mobile, I guess. I never had more than 3 antennas at once, usually 2. And one of them really wasn't for ham radio.

-Mike

My story also, and I was in high school in 1960! Just got my technician and studying for General.

Welcome to the hobby Chefal.
35 years ago in college I bought Radio Shack's kit with book, key and Morse tape, but never did get my license. I got it right after they dropped the code requirement. Ham radio really was dwindling but there are now a record number of hams.

I've since learned Morse and love how you can work dx with 5w.

Define slathered lol.

Is this slathered or just covered? image.jpg

How about this? image.jpg

What about transceivers? Is it a Slather of them or a Murder? I can never remember...
image.jpg

1. Slathered
2. Layered
3. Barfed into

Also, I think it would be a murder of transceivers or a pod of antennas.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Back
Top Bottom